Author Posts

May 10, 2016 at 7:28 am

I just started using coupons since I lost my job although I have been using grocery apps before that. I will print off coupons from different coupon sites and from a survey site that I use. Inbox Dollars will pay you $0.10 for each coupon that you print off and redeem at the store. This is a good thing since you save the amount of the coupon plus another $0.10 gets added to your Inbox Dollars account. I use Ibotta, Checkout 51, and Saving Star for my grocery apps and those are pretty easy to use. I have been paid a few times from them over the course of the year.

What are the ways you save money on groceries and other staples around the house?

May 10, 2016 at 7:59 am

I have a member card for Tesco and Jusco Hypermarket. Hence, everymonth , I will receive several SMS messages for Member Day. I get to save money for some grocery items on Member Day.

In addition, when my points had been accumulated to a certain amount, I am entitles to redeem $20-$50 vouchers to used for my grocery items too.

furthermore, Tesco will send me grocery item coupons in every quarter on the year.

I also get Cashback rebates while shopping online at Zalora, Lazada, 11 street. Exchanged the points with Starbuck vouchers, Jusco Vouchers and discounts on items bought online.

Every month, I managed to save $20-$50 with these vouchers and coupons.

Never look down on those tiny pennies and cents.  They do build up into a mountain of $$$$ !

May 10, 2016 at 8:34 am

I completely agree. I try to save every penny that I can and I would do this even when I have a job. I think the cost of groceries is outrageous, so I try to get the price down with coupons and cash back apps on my phone. I also use my grocery store member card and I am able to download coupons onto it. They also send me coupons every couple of months on many products that I use all the time. I think this is a good way of getting people to shop at that store versus other grocery stores.

May 10, 2016 at 9:18 am

@peachpurple same here I am member of at least 10 or maybe more survey sites and few of them pay in cash but rest of them offer in gift vouchers by different shopping sites. I deposit all my vouchers in wallet of those sites and use them when in need of items.

@morgoodie we do not have such facility in our country I mean as you said printing coupons so I am try to look for them maybe the facility is there and I am not aware of any such sites.

May 10, 2016 at 7:18 pm

@suny I am sorry, I am not sure if it is just a US thing or not. I use Coupons.com for most of the coupons that I print. Sometimes, you can contact the company of certain products and they will send you coupons or in case of not being a resident of the US a voucher. Not sure about international companies though. Most of the survey sites that I belong to use PayPal as a payment method, so I always choose that.

May 10, 2016 at 8:46 pm

Good topic!!  I was going to start it, but glad you did @morgoodie!! 😉  I want to start couponing once I get another printer scanner to print off my coupons.  I do use Walmart Saver’s Catcher app.  Where we live a lot of times they don’t have the “big” name grocery stores, so kind of limited to some of the savings from certain stores!!

May 10, 2016 at 11:33 pm

@JoDee  I figured it would be a good topic. I do use the Walmart Savings Catcher as well, although I do not shop there that often. I do not like going there because they never have enough lanes open and you end up waiting in line for a long time. I would rather just run in and run out of a store since I really hate grocery shopping. It can be exhausting trying to not spend so much money or having to count the pennies you are spending. Not to mention, putting the groceries away. I have to talk myself into going grocery shopping.

I also use the Receipt Hog app to scan all my receipts to earn points. I have cashed out once with this app. It takes a long time for the points to add up but it only takes a couple of seconds to take a picture of the receipt so I do not mind.

May 10, 2016 at 11:43 pm

Unfortunately we do not have such options around here,even when we work online the best way to get paid is via paypal and get cash not gift cards and the rest. There it is hard for us to save using coupons and what have you

May 10, 2016 at 11:49 pm

@Maggie  I am sorry that you do not have this option where you live. I am not sure how I would be able to afford to go grocery shopping without being able to save some money. Hopefully, the merchandise where you live is not as expensive as it can be here. It would be nice if they had options like this in all countries. It would be very helpful for people everywhere.

May 12, 2016 at 2:35 am

I check for store coupons every week, and download them onto my app, the Kroger app, so when I go grocery shopping, I don’t have to remember to bring coupon.

I haven’t clipped paper coupon for a long time, since it is a pain to go buying the newspaper, cut out coupon, and carry them in my purse. I save money on buying store brand too after I compare the ingredients of what I am buying!

May 12, 2016 at 2:43 am

@icybc  I do not get my coupons from the newspaper. I just print them from coupon sites, but not all the time unless they have something that I am going to need right then. I also download my coupons to the Kroger app and this is so helpful. Buying store brand is a good way to save money on items and they are usually no different from name brands. Sometimes, I like them better.

May 12, 2016 at 5:11 am

Oh I love to know that you have coupons there. I only apply coupons of Mercury Drug. Mercury drug is a pharmacy/convenient store here in the Philippines. Aside from that, I have selected restaurant like McDonalds and Jollibee who have coupons to save a meal, but I never experienced having a coupon to use for grocery. That is why I am pushing some surveys because some surveys has it.

I also have an app that I will just let the meter open and there is a point added almost everyday. That point can be equivalent to some mobile load. I already got a lot of mobile reload from it.