Author Posts

May 12, 2016 at 11:05 am

This is one of my favorite movies of all time. It is a drama between two half brothers. The older brother was the master’s son while the younger brother was an legitimate son of the master to his maid. Both boys are not aware of their blood connection and lived harmoniously together under the same compound.

There was a bully in their residential area who would always pick on both of them but since the younger one was tougher he always protected the older one from the bully. One day, their kite fell into a small alley and the younger boy went after it not knowing that the bully and two others were there. The older boy came after the younger one to help him out but he backed away when he saw the bullies came after the younger boy.

Instead of helping the younger one, the older boy waited for him on one corner while the younger one suffered from the bullies (the bullies raped him). The older boy pretended he did not know what happened. Soon enough guilt struck him hard and he never again played with the younger boy and even pretended and accused the younger boy of stealing his new watch. The younger boy and his adoptive father went away.

It took years before the older boy, now a grown man in USA grow the courage to go back home to redeem himself.

Sorry, I’m not a very good story teller.

It is a good movie – it still move me to tears.

May 14, 2016 at 11:15 pm

I have read the book. It is by Khalid Husseini but I have not seen the movie.

It is a beautifully written book and I cry every time I read it.

May 15, 2016 at 6:57 am

yes! Khalid Husseini is very good! I’ve read some of his books and their all thought provoking, intriguing and definitely a must read. He is one of my favorite novelist. I like the way he describes scenes or scenarios. I don’t know about you but (no offense intended) I find non-US writers better. More expressive, passionate and the ideas they put in their books – amazing!

May 15, 2016 at 12:20 pm

Is this the trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqTu7RsTsYU

Someone is rape on that film? I will add this to the movies I want to watch. Thanks for sharing. There are lots of people reading Khalid Husseini’s books at Goodreads.com. I am intrigue and good thing they made a movie on one of it.

Does the movie gave justice to the novel?

May 15, 2016 at 1:10 pm

@Christi Ann Tonel Espinola  I have not watched the movie but I have read the book on which this movie is based. ‘Kiter Runner’ by Khaled Hosseni is one of my favorite books. This movie is based in Afghanistan. I have read two of his books and I loved both of them. I have purchased his last book “And the mountains echoed too” but I am yet to read it.

May 15, 2016 at 1:14 pm

@swalia The Kite Runner was Khalid Hosseini’s best book.

I did not enjoy the A Thousand Splendid Suns so much and like you, I have bought “And the mountains echoed” but somehow it could not grasp my attention like the earlier books and it is still unfinished.

May 15, 2016 at 1:20 pm

@Dawnwriter  I agree with you. The Kite Runner was undoubtedly Khaled Hosseni’s best book. May be it was the first time the readers got a glimpse of the life and culture of Afghanistan especially in the times of the Taliban. His subsequent book ‘A thousand splendid suns’ was still interesting as it highlighted the plight of women in Afghanistan. But somehow I didn’t like ‘And the mountains echoed’. I read a few pages and it failed ot keep me interested. It’s still lying in my book shelf and may be I will read it someday.

May 16, 2016 at 4:40 pm

Yes, there was someone raped in the movie. Anyway, I have to agree that “and the mountains echoed” is as as great or interesting as the other two.

August 3, 2016 at 5:43 pm

NO.I have read the book and liked it very much.But I have not watched the movie.I think I will try to see the movie one of these days.

August 5, 2016 at 4:53 pm

No. Not yet. I never heard the name Khalid Husseini but I’ll try to search for his works. Since you guys have very good feedbacks with this author or novelist rather might as well consider reading his works and watching the movies from his books. Thanks for sharing 🙂

August 5, 2016 at 5:48 pm

I had watched this film a couple of times. My eyes are sore after watching it. Because of being fond of this movie, I also read the hard copy of it. There are a lot of heartbreaking scenes between the two boys. I ponder all the movie lines.

At first, I don’t want to watch it. But then, my closest friend gave the copy of the movie before I left our country. I was in the mission and placed in an isolated place. The movie moved me to all directions, especially that I am all alone in my mission across the border.