Author Posts

May 23, 2016 at 9:17 pm

You can earn on literacybase by writing blog posts and lengthy comments in the forums. In fact, forum posting used to earn almost the same amount as blog posts before the rate revision. There are some members who are quite active in forums and write meaningful, lengthy comments in the forums while some choose to stick to writing blog posts.

In the beginning, I wasn’t comfortable with forums and was focused on writing blog posts but I realized that I have to focus on both if I have to earn here. What about you? What is your preferred method: blog posts or forum posting?

May 24, 2016 at 2:31 am

I actually enjoy forum posting more, as I like to interact with others, and I do not need to think too much about the topics, but just respond. I think you are really good at coming up with topics, and I always like to respond to yours as well. 🙂

I would like to write more blog posts as well, as I think it’s a good learning opportunity to me, not only because I can earn more. I started to have more interest in blogging since I was at BlogJob last month. Some members there, especially Kyla has really inspired me to learn how to blog. I really appreciate that. I am glad LiteracyBase is here, though BlogJob stopped its reward system, as I can still continue to learn and practice how to blog. Besides learning how to blog, it helps to trigger me to come up with topics and learn how to present it on the post as well. I think it’s a good practice for myself, though it might require more time for me to do so.

May 24, 2016 at 10:57 am

I do both. I write for the forum and I do write for blog post. I earn from the both activities. Writing in the blog post is too boring and too tedious for me for you have to select a topic or a theme which could interest anyone though once it is submitted and published you get a coin. In forum writing is more on discussion. A sentence of one or two is enough to earn. Many members are apt and are easy or at ease in participating in the forum. It has no pressure as compared to blog writing as I see it.

May 24, 2016 at 11:22 am

I am doing both forums as well blogs but as I have some other obligations besides doing my duties for a part time job of 2 hours a day which practically takes 3 hours I prefer blogging but you can judge my forum activity with number of my from posts. I am not active anywhere as @Lee Ka or @shaloo walia  but I always try to come and answer if someone tags me. 

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by  suny.

May 24, 2016 at 11:35 am

@Lee Ka  I know that you are very good and proactive at interactions. This is the reason of your success at this site. You engage in meaningful and insightful discussions and of course, you devote a lot of time to this site as well.

@ nakitakona13 In fact, you can earn more by lengthy comments as compared to 1-2 liners. You are right that writing blog posts require more effort than commenting in forums but then it’s a matter of choice.

May 24, 2016 at 11:39 am

@ suny  I know that you prefer to write blog posts. Even I prefer writing posts to commenting in forums but I switched to forum posting when I realized that you can’t earn only by writing posts here. However with the increase in blog rates, now you can earn well by writing blogs too. I am writing at least two blog posts daily besides commenting in the forums.

May 24, 2016 at 4:57 pm

Writing blog posts is easier when we are offline.

Once we start to read, and comment, we will lose the motivation to write.  I think when we want to write blog posts, we should write first, then login to chat.

May 24, 2016 at 5:46 pm

@scheng1 Yes, I agree with you. Sometimes I would like to write a blog post, but once I started in the forums, there are just so many interesting topics to read and respond, then I just hide myself in the forums, even though I already have topics and ideas what to write in my blog post.

I think I will write the blog post, post it first, then only come to the forums. Thank you for your good suggestion!

May 24, 2016 at 5:59 pm

@shaloo walia  To be very frank I generally post in forums when I have something to say otherwise I am kind of shy person especially I have nothing much to say when the posters are mainly ladies. To be precise, ladies have so much variety to discuss on their hands that makes me nervous and in some cases even Jealous :). For example look at dear @Lee Ka she is about to bring another little angel into this world and she can write a whole book about the new comer 🙂  

May 25, 2016 at 4:23 am

That is what I do I write my articles then I comment post to forums.

May 25, 2016 at 8:09 am

@sunil I just can’t imagine you are a shy person, as I never thought you are. 😀
There will be more gentlemen joining the site soon, so you will not be nervous. But, why jealous?
Yes, I think I can really write a whole book about my children and my parenting. I remember when I was pregnant with my first child, I wrote really a lot on my personal blog. But, after my child was born, I was just too busy with other things, and did not write as much. 😀

May 25, 2016 at 8:54 am

@Lee Ka Apart from being shy there are different other reasons which are preventing me from being active in forums. I know some of you must have known them by now or know them sooner than later. Thanks for your encouraging words.

May 25, 2016 at 11:31 am

@ suny  I know! Some people have the gift of gab. I am not that shy but then I can’t comment if  I have nothing to say and I write brief comments. I don’t have the patience to write lengthy comments or even lengthy posts. I have a brief attention span and I don’t have the patience to read the entire long posts. So when I write too, I try to keep it short and interesting.

June 6, 2016 at 10:44 am

I prefer both. Interacting on forums is fun plus you get to know a lot of stuff with many users contributing their insights.

However that does not mean blogs are less important. They help you earn too.

Both go hand in hand if you want to see a good amount of earnings. My personal choice is forums because I find interaction much more easier.

June 6, 2016 at 10:52 am

@Manasi  It’s easier to earn by writing blog posts but then there is no fun if nobody reads your blog posts. Forum interactions bring traffic to your blogs and besides forum interaction is fun. However my preference remains blogging.