Author Posts

June 6, 2016 at 6:55 pm

@swalia/

yes indeed, I was lucky that I had backup all my bubblews post when they started to play tricks on redemption.

I had managed to backup 80% of them and remove the url link at google before it closed down.

Now I can post them here but need some revamping job.

Now I am backing up  Hubpages, Blogjob and LiteracyBase posts too.

Can’t trust any sites now.

Anything can happen anytime.

There is no insurance for anything.

June 7, 2016 at 9:39 am

@ peachpurple I lost my bubblews posts but I learnt the lesson. I backed up all the blogjob posts as soon as the rewards system was withdrawn. With literacybase, I am backing up the posts simultaneously. On hubpages, I have backed up all the poems. Yet to back up the articles!

June 7, 2016 at 4:27 pm

@peachpurple, so nice of you, but me never had joined Hubpages. I always hear about this site and wish to join, but my job requires me to be always prepared at work. Somehow, I gonna try to open this site.Thanks for sharing.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by  cely.

September 20, 2016 at 8:27 pm

Depends on how you define “active”.

My HP account shows about 20 HUBs, all featured except for one of them. I sign in from time to time to check for broken links, etc., share a status update, leave a few comments, and find some HUBs to share via social networks. That’s sort of “active”.

My earnings are … waiting … waiting … waiting. One day I’ll reach day I’ll each pay out.

The benefits of having HUBPages is that my content is “evergreen”. That means today or 5 to 10 years from now, people will still be interested in reading them. HP has a good online reputation and that’s worth money even if you can’t calculate how much. Though I am not doing much at the site, income is still being generated. Could I make more if I put more effort into it? Possibly. But sites like LiteracyBase are showing earnings at a much faster pace. So I leave my HUBs alone and let them generate income slowly and use a site like this to generate income a lot quicker.

Although (???) … I have to wonder (???) … if HP has been around for so long, why can’t they do what these other sites are doing so that members can earn income quicker? It’s a thought.

September 20, 2016 at 10:06 pm

I signed up for Hubpages several years ago and posted 50 hubs and then applied for Google Adsense. Needlessly to say, I was rejected and tried to improve on my hubs. I am no longer a member there and no longer post there. Are there other monetization methods?

September 20, 2016 at 10:24 pm

50 HUBs? That’s a lot! Where did you republish your content? Did you leave it at HUBPages? Are they Featured? If not people can’t find them via generic search results. (That’s what I heard.) Why don’t you try to publish here as a blog post?

September 21, 2016 at 6:15 pm

My routine is so full that i won’t have the time to join any more site. And I have never been on Hubpages.

September 21, 2016 at 7:44 pm

I was on and am still on Hubpages and earn pennies…I haven’t had a payout for years.  It’s a pathetic site.   You earn faster her and at mylot.

September 21, 2016 at 8:23 pm

@ Treathyl FOX  I had 107 featured hubs but still was unable to make much. Just  5$ in a year…Now I am removing my hubs from the site and shifting the content to my own sites.

September 21, 2016 at 9:30 pm

shaloo walia    It’s a major decision and a huge project. However, I know of others who have done that as well. Try not to tire yourself out!! Hope the move turns out to be very profitable for you.

September 21, 2016 at 9:37 pm

kaylar   I don’t stay at HUBPages for the earnings. I stay because the site has been around for a while and still does have a good online reputation and because I’m too lazy to move my HUBs. In my case, I don’t think moving the content would accomplish anything. Plus I really don’t have a “new home” for the articles.

September 22, 2016 at 4:01 am

I signed up last year.  But I’ve not seen any pages of the site since. I will look into it again and start writing content on my account.

September 22, 2016 at 5:13 am

I have many Hubs there and to be honest, they are so long they might as well be turned into ebooks then spliced into five little items.

September 22, 2016 at 11:13 am

@ kaylar Then why don’t you consider turning them into ebooks? I am also removing my content from HP and moving it to my own sites.

September 22, 2016 at 11:15 am

@Treathyl FOX  I am doing it one at a time. Every week I remove one hub and post it on my site. I don’t intend to shut down my HP account and probably will leave a few hubs there.