Author Posts

November 20, 2016 at 1:50 am

Do you have a veggie you like to eat but because of your family (spouse and kids), you don’t eat it that much?  In my house, it’s eggplant. That lovely purple vegetable that I would like to enjoy more, but …!  What about your house?

By the way, if you have an eggplant recipe or recipes, please share.  Do a blog post here at LiteracyBase, share in this group forum, or point me to a link!

eggplant-1717224_960_720

November 20, 2016 at 5:55 am

We have no issues. And as for the eggplant also known as brinjal it is my favourite. I cook it in many ways. I will surely write a blog on it here. Be on the look out   😀

November 21, 2016 at 11:16 pm

YAY!  If I can’t eat it, at least I can read about how others enjoy it!  🙂

November 22, 2016 at 4:54 am

Eggplant is rich in acid and is not advisable for people sick of arthritis and thyroid glad. Those who have goiter are not advisable to eat eggplants. Eggplants are only good for those without these sicknesses , but with other sicknesses like hyper tension. They can eat this veggie for it gradually reduces the blood pressure .But it is also not advisable to eat this everyday, for you may sick of anemia.

This veggie is only good for high blood persons who are not also sick of arthritis.

November 22, 2016 at 6:53 am

We never ate eggplant when I was growing up. My father had arthritis really bad. I don’t know if my mother knew the health impact or she just didn’t like eggplant. My first professional job was at a savings and loan and the accountants like to go out for lunch. We did Italian one day and I ordered the eggplant parmiagian. I’m like: “This tastes good!!” From that day forward I liked eggplant.  🙂

January 24, 2017 at 10:51 am

Maybe you just don’t know how to make the eggplants so palatable. Have you known how to cook the eggplant omelet? It’s one recipe of eggplant that hubby and my daughter likes so much and of course my favorite too.

It can also just be sliced in lengthwise half and fried. Then dip it in a soy sauce with lemon drops dip. Us, we put chopped Thai chili to make the dip spicy. And I tell you, it’s delicious.

February 1, 2017 at 12:21 pm

My dad used to like eggplant so much. He used to have it cooked in meat dishes. He could even eat them without meat. For me i used to find them very yucky, i didn’t like them. I can stand the taste of cucumber but not the taste of egg plants. They taste soggy to me. I didn’t know however that they lower the blood pressure. Thanks cely for that thought.

February 3, 2017 at 7:58 am

I love eggplants. We can cook them into delicious dishes.

One that I love most is the eggplant omelet, wherein I steam the eggplant. When it’s already cooked and soft to the touch, I would cool them. Once cool, I remove their skin, then I flatten the eggplant with a fork. After which I dip it in a beaten egg with some bits of salt. After which, I fry it on both sides. You now have an eggplant omelet. You can make a dip of soy sauce with drops of lemon and if you want it spicy, with chopped Thai chili.

Everyone in the house loves this.

And there is another way too, just cut the eggplant in into two lengthwise and fry it. Have a dip of the same dip as the eggplant omelet. so delicious too, because the eggplant is a bit sweet.

February 3, 2017 at 8:17 am

Eggplant with eggs?  Don’t think I’ve tried that.  Sounds yum! 🙂

February 3, 2017 at 11:46 am

Yes, I assure you that it is so yummy. You must try it.

If for example you will have 6 eggplants, you will need at least 4 beaten eggs, so it will be so tasty.

February 3, 2017 at 11:40 pm

Due to certain health issues,  we are currently not using this vegetable in our home, but I like it – steamed or fried.

We call it Baingan in Hindi.

February 4, 2017 at 1:06 am

I like to learn about world cuisines and global flavors. Thank you for teaching me a new word. Baingan. 🙂

February 6, 2017 at 10:51 am

Indeed, eggplant is of the nightshade family like potato, that’s why it is bad for those people with arthritis.

I have just lately have known that potato is of the nightshade family.

I love potatoes and eggplant so I am glad I have no arthritis yet. So, I just eat them in moderation so as not to have arthritis.

February 28, 2017 at 12:05 am

Adding on to my initial discussion topic. Sharing a recipe.

Chickpea Crêpe “Tacos” With Eggplant and Lamb