Author Posts

June 12, 2016 at 8:16 am

I am sure you might think that it is weird to let an old people have their own nannies. My grandma turned 98 years this month. She is strong as a fiddle at this point of time. There is no sign of regression as most elders show. At her age, her physical endurance decreases and she needs to have a nanny. There is no other ailments experiencing except for arthritic conditions, which is normal in the aging process. The family and I are so blessed to have her in our lives. We all wish that she will stay with us for many years. In some occasion, I usually tease her that she will be the oldest granny in the world.

June 12, 2016 at 8:42 am

Here they are known as home nurses who look after the sick and those who need assistance like your Granny.

June 12, 2016 at 8:59 am

@bestwriter I do think in your place has a lot facilities to cater the needs of the elders. But then, we are living in an Asian country. The culture is not to let the old people live in home nurses. It is a part of an obligation that the local people need to take good care of their elders. I like the idea. In some occasion, some families do hire private nurses to look after the old ones at home.

June 12, 2016 at 11:32 am

@Shavkat. I am from India and this culture has just about made its presence here.

June 12, 2016 at 11:59 am

That is good, there is someone that will able to take care of her. For sure they cannot move anymore and need someone to accompany her to do a lot of things at home. I am glad she reached that age and I hope she reach it far too so that you can spend time with her more.

June 12, 2016 at 12:05 pm

@bestwriter I guess we are in the same culture and values in terms of catering the old folks. There are some people who had attempted to have nursing homes in my country. But, it didn’t work out in gaining profit.

June 12, 2016 at 2:46 pm

@Shevkat  Here there are a few and running successfully.

June 12, 2016 at 4:49 pm

@bestwriter It is nice to know about that. I have a question. Would you like to live in this kind of facility in the future?

June 13, 2016 at 6:56 am

I do not like the idea of nursing homes and would not like to live in one. I would not let my mother go to one when she was sick. I took care of her and I would do it again if I had to. She wanted to go to one because she did not want to be a burden to me and my sister but I told her she was not going. I know that some people do not have family to take care of them and that is sad. Even sadder are the ones that have family and they will not take care of them.  I am glad that your granny has lived such a long time and that you still have her with you. There is nothing wrong with her having a nanny so that she can have help all day to be able to have help to do her daily tasks.

June 13, 2016 at 8:11 am

@morgoodie In my opinion, it is not good to let the old folks be in the nursing home. I feel like I am a bad person in letting the other people to take good care of my parents. I should be grateful and learn how to give back things they had given me.

June 14, 2016 at 9:52 am

Most old folks at your grandma age needed a special someone to help her. Family members are not familiar with the important guidelines.

However, some people do get a maid to care for old folks too.

Just to save some money on that pay.

I am sure your grandma will be blessed with many many years of healthy life.

Just keep her smiling.:)

June 14, 2016 at 2:06 pm

@peachpurple She is indeed so happy. I do agree the old folks have special needs especially if they are inflicted with some medical conditions.