Author Posts

May 17, 2016 at 10:14 pm

I will be the first to admit, I use to only pray when I needed something.  I also doubted my faith when things didn’t turn out the way I prayed for.  I know from experience that when I prayed for things or doubted my faith…I got what I deserved.

Now, I pray and thank God for the things that I have and for getting us through it.  I also find that I pray for my friends on-line as well.  I pray before each meal, I pray when I go to bed.  I often talk to God when I’m struggling during the day.

When do you pray and how often do you pray?

May 18, 2016 at 12:58 am

I am not a religious person, I was not brought up in a religious family, and I seldom prayed.

I started to learn how to pray when I learned about Waldorf Education, I think two years ago. My mentor advised us to pray. She mentioned it doesn’t matter whether we have any religious beliefs, it’s still good to pray.

I haven’t build up the habit of praying every day, but only occasionally, especially when I need to seek for advice or peace in my mind.

May 18, 2016 at 1:29 am

@kaka135, I’m not a religious person and I pray/ talk to Him to thank Him and seek guidance as well.

June 19, 2016 at 9:59 pm

I graduated and learned to pray all the time to God in a Catholic school. I am a timid person during my high school days and the only thing I do is to whisper to God by prayers. It nourishes my soul and learn to boost myself and keep on going to my life.

July 8, 2016 at 2:21 pm

http://172.104.9.193/members/4cryingoutloud/

I pray every night before I sleep.

I used to pray with the rosary when my dad told me he did that, so I followed his steps.

Before that I used to pray with my own style, Our Father, 3x Hail mary, 1 x Glory be and my wishes.

But now, with the rosary, it take me 30 minutes to finish and sometimes I fall asleep while praying.

continue the next day in the morning!

July 8, 2016 at 2:55 pm

I pray when I wake up in the morning, when I go to bed, before I leave home for work,church and other places. I also pray when I am sad, happy, excited and down. I pray minute to minute. I always talk to God in silence and when I am alone. I also pray before and after eating , and before taking a bath and riding. God always wants us to pray.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by cely.

July 18, 2016 at 5:48 pm

Prayer plays a big part of my life, I don’t only pray when I am in need of something sometimes I just stop to think about what God has done for me and how far he has brought me and that is reason enough for me to pray and just say thank you. so my prayers take place anywhere and anytime. sometimes I just feel convicted to pray for someone and wherever I am a just whisper a small prayer and that really helps. we should not only pray when we need something.

September 12, 2016 at 1:36 pm

Prayer became our way of life when we saw the truth and followed the right path in achieving our salvation. That important event in our life came in 1980. We were taught that prayer is a priceless way of communication to God. It does require much effort to do it. By kneeling and by closing our eyes are the simplest things to do in praying. The best place for our to pray is in our home in the presence of my wife and my children. We do it that family prayer every Monday. Every one of us has their own frequency of prayer and a manner of what to pray, to ask and to thank for.

Every day we pray before taking our meals before we go to work. We also pray for a special occasion. In going to Church every Sunday, we have a congregational prayer. We have a separate prayer for our respective classes attended. We’ve been praying for 36 years. We feel at ease and comfortable after we pray. Most of our prayers have been answered.

We pray as what the Bible says. We pray as what Jesus told us to do. In our prayer, we first address our Heavenly Father, then thank Him of all the things we receive. We ask Him for the appropriate blessing for the occasion or happening or what we ask personally for us. And we close it in the name of Jesus Christ. Then we say amen.

February 5, 2017 at 8:09 am

I pray every day. I understand how life with it’s demands and hectic situations can pull anyone out of prayer but to me, it is a discipline. I don’t like to start my day without saying good morning to God. It helps me to start the day off right. I would spend about 1/2 hour praying and 1/2 study in the word. The word to me is God talking. Adding that, enhances my prayer time. It is helpful if you can get a devotional study to help your Bible studies.

March 8, 2017 at 6:37 am

In Luke chapter 18:1 the Bible says that, “may aught always to pray and not faint, also in 1thessalonians 5:17 it says, “pray without ceasing ”

According to these scriptures and many more other scriptures we suppose to pray at all times. “All times ” implies that we should be pray regularly and in situations and circumstances. We should not only pray when we need some thing from him. God always want to fellowship and commune with us through prayers.

March 8, 2017 at 9:16 am

Prayer is part of my daily routine. I pray in a proper way in the morning ,but I am connected with God through out the day as I keep thanking him for evary thing I have got.I thank God for giving me such a loving family,good health,food,home,education,people who love and care me,friends,talent,opportunities to grow .I use to pray for others ,who are in need ,I pray to God to give wisdom to the people who hurt me or others,i pray for tje people who ever did anything good to me.
For me prayer is a lifestyle.