Author Posts

June 28, 2016 at 11:37 am

Some people cannot realize that shopping online has its downside in terms of the products’ quality. For instance, it may appear appealing in the web page photos. If being delivered to resident’s doorsteps, it wasn’t good as you expected in mind. We can also add the delay of delivery of a shipment. Moreover, food online is starting to boost its popularity. The question is, “Are the food freshly delivered?” I am wondering if raw veggies, meat, fish, etc. are fresh and not be rotten when delivered. “What do you think?”

June 28, 2016 at 12:41 pm

@ Shavkat  I do most of my shopping online. However I take care that i buy products only of the reputed brands whom I trust because then I am sure that I will get the product as described on the site. Also I buy only from certain reputed sites like amazon, flipkart, myntra, jabong etc who provide full customer protection and assured return of the product in case it’s faulty or not fits the description.

June 28, 2016 at 4:32 pm

These days online shopping is going nice in compare to past. In past there were many loop holes in the system. But honestly now they have over come almost all.

But one has to be careful, if product is original or not. And there is proper return policy to return the product if it is defective or not proper. Other than that I guess they are good. They surely having more advantages in compare of disadvantages.

June 28, 2016 at 5:10 pm

@shavkat  I have been shopping on  line since 2013 and have hardly encountered any serious issues.

June 28, 2016 at 6:04 pm

I have made several online purchases and I paid them through my PayPal account. I am satisfied with the online business store I always made such shopping. I find it convenient to shopping online. I could find the item I need and the cost or price is affordable. The delivery is efficient and mode of payment is beneficial to me.

Not unlike lately, I was looking for a honey for there is no more stock in our local store. So I tried searching it on my favorite online store. I am lucky. I found it and it was sold in a bargain. It was affordable. Since I was already a regular customer in that store and I found its service very efficient and reliable. I made a purchase. This time, I am using my debit card. For a few minute, my order was completed and acknowledged.

The delivery time came. I wasn’t at home. It was my youngest son who received the item which he turned over to me upon my home arrival. I checked my order. To my dismay, it was a wrong quantity. I ordered 300g of 2  set, but what was sent was a 100g of 2 set. It was the first time that I received the wrong quantity of an item.

Therefore, online shopping couldn’t rely upon 100%. It will cause you inconvenience when you least expect it.

June 28, 2016 at 9:02 pm

@Shavkat I don’t see any problem shopping online as long the sites are my chosen ones and reliable. In fact I do almost all my electronics and kitchen equipment online which is pretty much covered under guarantee and warranty.

June 28, 2016 at 11:53 pm

I find many items are misrepresented as to proper size and scale. Something looks big in a picture and you order it and when it comes to your house in a large box mainly full of air, it looks to small you feel like you’ve been ripped off.

June 28, 2016 at 11:55 pm

I still can’t find a place to order burgers online that deliver directly hot and ready to eat.

June 29, 2016 at 7:59 pm

@shaloo I do agree with you that we need to consider the branded items. Since it is well-tested in terms of the quality.

@anand I do think that most of the online web page progresses to excellence. You are right. There is a big difference before than now in providing good services.

June 30, 2016 at 10:04 am

http://172.104.9.193/members/shavkat/

nope, I don’t buy fresh or perishable food online even Tesco do provide this service.

I buy dry items such as biscuits, milk powder, coffee powder which are not perishable under heat, hot weather.

i had noticed that when you buy online, you cannot decide which postal service or courier service to deliver your goods purchase online.

Several times, I had ordered food items and ended up in my hands with broken pieces because the postal service threw my parcel here and there in the truck.

That goes the same with other courier service too. Even though the sticker stated ” Fragile”, they didn’t care.

Hence, you can buy those non perishable items but be prepare to receive dented, mashed, broken pieces…

June 30, 2016 at 9:07 pm

@bestwriter It is nice that you haven’t experienced any issues while shopping online.

@nakitakona13 I do agree on that. We cannot guarantee that online shopping can be perfect. Did you try to give feedback to them? If you are, they would be able to know the shortcomings.

@suny It is really convenient to buy tangible things online. I am not in favor of buying raw vegetables.

@anthony I agree. It can also be deceiving through pictures on the web page.

@peachpurple That’s the disadvantages having deformed items. The delivery companies are starting to be bad for their services.

June 30, 2016 at 10:29 pm

Well, there are many advantage of buying online but since topic focuses on disadvantages only, here I go:

1. Quality is a major concern. What if product does not matches? @swalia – It is not only unbranded but sometimes even brands sell defective piece. I remember buying Karbonn mobile from Flipkart. Within 3 months, it turned defective -> I went to service centre and they said that Flipkart never registered it for warranty. They first registered it for warranty (based on data on Flipkart bill) and then only checked the defect.

2. After sale service is another point. What is the guarantee that products are proper and you will keep on getting support? Will the defective piece be returned?

3. The most important problem is IT security. What if some hacker gets into the system? Can the website manage?

4. Product concern. @shavkat mentioned about veggies, meat, fish etc. Do you consider buying them online? It isn’t recommended to buy perishable materials. @lookat mentions a valid point but in a funny manner. Who buys food items and other perishable goods online? It is highly risky.

5. Though this is not a disadvantage but still here I go – it is suited for lazy people. I prefer to get up and visit market for most cases rather than sitting home and ordering online. Anyways, this is my personal opinion and might vary for you people.

June 30, 2016 at 10:37 pm

@thinker You really got a point here. Some people go along with the progress of online shopping. What makes people get sick? This is the lack of exercise and spends a lof of time indoor. I also prefer to buy things up outside and enjoys seeing the products at close contact with the targeted items to be purchased.

July 18, 2016 at 6:55 pm

My worry with shopping online is the fact that there’re products are not of quality an sometimes what you ask for is not what you get I saw this happen to a friend of mine and I have never been a fun, I would rather spend much more money and but whatever it is I want to buy with cash at least that way I get to choose and see what I like.

July 18, 2016 at 10:17 pm

@sauda I also like buying things and personally choosing it in malls. I am not into online shopping. The reputation of the company usually showed good feedback on their respective websites. In fact, it wasn’t the truth.