Author Posts

December 31, 2016 at 5:27 pm

The following are flowers yet can be eaten It is not they we can eat them, they are also nutritious flowers.These flowers are known to us. May I know if you already had tasted any of these flowers.

1. Borage

Eating borage is said to make us forget our troubles. Wow, very nice duty of this flower. I will try.It tastes like cucumbers. The leaves or flowers can be put in salads or sauces.

2. Calendula

These can added to scrambled eggs and soups when dried.  The leaves can also be brewed into a tea which is so very nice. Let us try.

3. Carnation

It is advisable to separate the petals for if not, we can taste its bitter flavor. The petals can be added to jellies, aspics, salads, herb butters and cordials.

4. Garland Chrysanthemum

The leaves can be steamed, stir-fried or boiled and used instead of greens. The petals can also be brewed into a tea.

5. Dandelion

The stems must not be eaten only the other parts.This could be good o be brewed. You can have the leaves for salads or steam.

6. Scented Geraniums

The scents of this flower  ranges from rose, to lemon to nutmeg. It can be added to sorbets, ice creams and desserts.  Its eaves can be added to soups, stews and sauces for flavor.

7. Nasturtiums

The  leaves and stems can be added to any green salad for a peppery lift. The flowers can be stuffed with cream cheese.

8. Roses

Better choose the darker color for they are sweeter.They be candied and used for cake decoration by using white eggs and castor sugar.

9. Violets

They  are edible, but some yellow species may be slightly cathartic. They can be brewed, and candied for some special purposes.

10. Zucchini Blossoms

They are considered  the best when added to a dish. They are well known  in Italy and beyond.

These flowers are not familiar to me I have to research  and try to scout in our city flower garden if they are selling these kind of flowers.

Good luck guys.