Author Posts

September 5, 2016 at 4:29 pm

@peachpurple, That is case to case. If you pray for something,you are going to ask God to give what you are wanting for, but you can just say thank you and that is already a sign of gratitude to the Lord. Our God is a loving and forgiving God.If pray because  you commit a sin, that is the time that you have to promise God not to do the same mistake again. When I pray , I do not promise anything, except to than God, but if the cause of prayer is very serious matter,then I promise to God to offer something in church like lighting a candle(s) , or offering for something like roses and promise not to do the same mistake again.

September 8, 2016 at 5:01 pm

When I pray and ask something for myself, for my family, I never make any promises. I may open to do things according to the will of the Lord. I do what is usual for me like serving my fellow being, staying faithful to my wife, doing my duties and responsibilities as a father and the head of my family. Making a promise is not good especially when you couldn’t fulfill it.

March 8, 2017 at 6:06 am

While it’s good to promise God, it’s not necessary. Some people think that they can manuplate to answer their prayers. What we have to understand is that God does not answer prayers depending on what we can do for him. He has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in Christ Jesus. It’s his promises that matters to us not our promises to him.

March 8, 2017 at 9:50 am

I do not make promises when i ask God for help.I do not find it necessary to promise anything to God.I don’t think God keeps any conditions to answer our prayers.He is watching everything and he understand everygthing perfectly.

April 20, 2017 at 6:33 am

Thank you for asking such a good question. I have heard some people do make promises to their God whenever they are asking for something. Allow me to share my thoughts on this topic as well. First and foremost let me give my personal answer to the question. My answer is “No ” I don’t make promises to God.  Now allow me to qualify my answer. In the first place the reason someone would make a promise is because he / she God to answer the prayers basing on the promise made. We have to understand that God does not answer our prayers basing on our promises,  but on his promises and his word. In book of Matthew chapter seven verses seven the Bible says that “ask and it shall be given to you,  knock and the door will be opened unto you,  seek and you will find”

The Bible is not saying promise and you will receive the answer to your prayers NO. In book of john chapter fifteen verses five it says “if you abide in me and my word abide in you,  you will ask whatever you want and it shall be given to you ” even here the Bible is not saying that God will answer our prayers basing on our promises. What I’m saying is that it is not necessary to promise God anything in order for him to answer our prayers. Now one would ask “is ok to promise God? ” the answer is yes,  though it is not necessary. When we are making promises to God we have to be sure to fulfill. It is also necessary to notice that God will not answer the prayers because we have promised him no. God answers prayers because he is faithful to his word and his promises. Jesus once asked a question to say “if your child ask you for bread would you give him a stone and if he ask for fish will you give him a snake and he further said that if you evil people know how to give good gifts to your children how much more shall your heavenly father give to those who ask note the Bible is not saying to those who promise but to those who ask. Let’s take for instance in a family set up when a child is asking something from the father,  is it necessary to make a promise. The answer is no,  it is an obligation of a father to give to the children. In the same way God is obliged to provide for us,  basing on what he has promised.