Tita posted an update in the group All About Flavors 2 years, 4 months ago
This dish is a courtesy from Sapporo, I read it on a magazine last 2011, copied it and when I get the chance to cook it.. I did and it was so flavorful.
I wasn’t able to take a photo by then because I wasn’t a member of LB the time I cook this dish thinking it has no use. The dish is good and worth trying for.
“SAPPORO MISUA BEEF SOUP WITH UPO (bottlegourd)”
1/2 kg. beef brisket, sliced into serving size
12 pcs. whole tomatoes
6 cloves garlic
2 pcs. whole red onion
1 pc. bay leaf
12 pcs. black peppercorns
salt and pepper to taste
1 pc. whole upo (bottlegourd), peeled and seeded, cut into 1-1/2 cubes
250 grams Sapporo misua
1. Boil beef in a pot with water. Skim off scum that rises to the surface. Add tomatoes, garlic, onion, bay leaf, and peppercorns. Simmer for one and one half hours to produce the good broth. (For me I used the pressure cooker to soften the beef.)
2. Scoop out tomatoes, garlic and onion. Set aside to cool.
3. Separate beef meat from broth. strain broth to remove remaining scum.
4. Return broth and beef in the pot and heat again.
5. Crush tomatoes after peeling it. Do the same with the garlic and onion. Add them to the beef and season with salt and pepper.
6. Add upo into the soup. Continue to simmer until upo is cooked. (Be sure not to overcooked the vegetable because it become so floppy).
7. Turn off heat and add the misua and cover for 10 minutes. Serve hot.
Please tell us why do you think this post is inappropriate and shouldn't be there: