Author Posts

May 30, 2016 at 3:59 am

I had promised @bestwriter that I would post a link about writing strong titles, and I thought perhaps it would be good to have it in its own thread so we can all add our two cents about composing titles.

So here is the article. Feel free to share your insights too!

http://goo.gl/bUcVAq

@scheng1 I have now created the group you spoke about. I cannot say whether @support will be able to migrate the other writing challenges here, but we can add future ones to this forum 🙂

May 30, 2016 at 4:01 am

I’m now wondering if it’s the short link that caused the issue with the embedding not working. Or perhaps we just can’t embed links when we start a forum thread. Here’s a test to see where the problem is….

http://172.104.9.193/5-ways-ruin-great-writing-poor-titles/?mref=Ruby3881

Nope! It seems to be the short link that’s the problem….

May 30, 2016 at 5:12 am

I think the question of titles came when you had talked about a challenge and it is there that I had mentioned of the type of title one would have to choose for a blog that would be on the Net. Per se choosing a title would I suppose come naturally when one chooses a topic for writing – just a thought.

For veteran writers I guess it will not pose a problem.

May 30, 2016 at 8:38 am

hmmm, I am not aware that we can create group here.

Hopefully @support can help to migrate all the writing challenges over.

It will serve to clear writer’s block for those who want to write, and do not know what to write.

May 30, 2016 at 9:48 am

May I know how do you add in the short link into your post?

That above photo had a short link there…

May 30, 2016 at 11:23 am

@scheng1 I tagged you in the post, so you would know to join the group. Yes, we can create a group and so create a new forum. But I think to have a category added for blogging, we have to ask @support. It would be good to get a category for writing or blogging, and perhaps also one for social media.

Now there are many writing-related topics that don’t fit into other areas like business, and they are getting filed under “About LiteracyBase.” That category should really be reserved for posts that relate specifically to the site, not for general writing topics.

@peachpurple I use the goo.gl service to create shortlinks. If you already have a Google account you can easily use the site to create your links and track web traffic to them. When I want to see more specifically where the traffic is coming from, I use Google’s “build URL” service to create UTM links. Then I shorten them so they aren’t horribly long and ugly 🙂