Author Posts

May 23, 2016 at 2:44 pm

My mom and dad always made it a point that sduring summer vacation,  we all go to take a vacation on either my mom’s hometown or my dad.  When I got married,  they took my kids with them.  My kids just love having their vacation spent on two hometowns

Married life is difficult for me so vacations with my family was impossible.  But for the past years,  my parents made sure I have a little break from my mommy duties.

This week we are gojng to Malaysia.  I have never bern there so I am excited to see thd beautiful scenic spots and take lots of photos.  My dream destination,  however is Santorini.  What is your dream vacation?

May 23, 2016 at 2:53 pm

@jentleheart Malaysia is a nice place.  You will enjoy it.

Just be careful or your wallet and handbag.  It is not as safe as traveling in Singapore.

May 23, 2016 at 4:03 pm

@jentleheart That’s really kind of your parents! Yes, I think it’s always nice to go back to the parents’ hometown too. My husband and I are from the same hometown, so we always bring our children back to our hometown, and they enjoy going back as well. All my parents and parents in law are from the same hometown too, so it seems like we only have one hometown to go all the time. 😀

I am from Malaysia. It’s great to see you are visiting our country. Hope you will like the place here. Do you already know which places you are going to visit?
However I agree with @scheng1, do take good care of your belongings. 🙂

May 23, 2016 at 5:03 pm

@scheng1 thanks for letting me know about that.  I didn’t tbink it has that kind of situation in Malaysia.  Singapore indeed is a, safe place.  I have been there twice and I just love that place.

May 23, 2016 at 5:06 pm

@Lee Ka so you’re from Malaysia!  I hope we have a chance to meet.  I am not sure where we are scheduled to go.  Any suggestions on where to enjoy our vacattion aside from going to Genting Highlands?

May 23, 2016 at 5:09 pm

@jentleheart/

Welcome to Malaysia!

@kaka135/ and I are from malaysia but we are residing at different states

If you are in Kuala Lumpur, you can visit these historical placesand shopping centres.

Honestly I prefer the shopping centre that in co-joined with the hotel

My family frequently visit Midvalley, lots of fashion outlets, pet shop, kids stuff and wide range of food to choose from, western and locals.

If you are looking for Baba Nyonya peranakan food, go to the Malacca state, there are many restaurants that serve delicious and spicy Nyonya food.

You can stay at Century mahkota hotel that is near to the beach and hospital.

Great view from the hotel.

However, @scheng1/ is right, be careful of the pick pockets.

When you walk on the road, never put your handbag over your arm. Slide it over your neck.

Many tourist use bagpack. Me too, I use bagpack when I travel to KL.

It is convenient and safer.

Have a fun filling trip and enjoy the Malaysia food especially Nasi Lemak and Satay (kebab chicken )!!

May 23, 2016 at 5:17 pm

@Jentleheart  Batu cave is worth a visit, but that means climbing up a flight of stairs.

Genting Highland is nice, and you can take the cable car to the mid-hill.  You are fortunate to visit this coming week.

If you wait till June, the whole place will be packed.  It is school holiday in Singapore, and I think also in Malaysia.

May 24, 2016 at 1:10 pm

It is good. You have been given an opportunity to take time from your regular task as a mom. I know your chores are killing you, so you need a break. You need time to relax or even to take a vacation. Now, it is there. Take your time. Enjoy and what you said, take the picture. In my case, I also dream to have a vacation somewhere outside our country. But it is only a dream. I am just contented traveling within our country. Not in the form of relaxation as vacation may offer but as a part of my job. I go to the island for job-related meetings, conferences, and consultative gatherings.

May 24, 2016 at 2:53 pm

@nakitakona13 any kind of relaxation for me is fine. We all need to unwind sometines to get energized with our daily chores. Sometimes being tied to the same things to do over and ovet could just tire us down and make us uninspired.

Our family must realize that when we take a vacation it doesnt mean stopping to be a mom. It helps to relax when people you are around with respects that space that you need.

May 24, 2016 at 2:57 pm

Thanks @peachpurple ! I will try to go those places you mentioned.  But I sure hope that I could come back so I could explore more about the country’s wonderful spots.

I am excited really to try authentic Malaysian food.

May 25, 2016 at 3:59 am

@jentleheart/

just to let you know that the mid term school holiday is going to start soon.

starting from 28th may to 10th June , 2 weeks of holiday, lots of Kuala Lumpur tourist sought places will be packed with people, be it tourist or local families and school trips.

So, you might have to book the hotel earlier and get Groupon where you can enjoy discounts on food, leisure,etc.

You don’t have to print the Groupon voucher. Just use your smartphone to show the CR code.

Do enjoy your holidays here and the weather right now is sunny. Sometimes rain here and there but no thunderstorm

Oh yes, this is a bit embarrassing, do take note that you had better bring some tissue paper and wet tissue when you need a loo.

Public toilets are not 100% clean.

Only shopping malls like Jusco and hotels only provide clean toilets with toilet papers.

Otherwise, coffee shops, restaurants, food courts, etc- you will be surprised with the toilet hygiene and many are squats toilet bowl, rarely the sitting toilet.

Unlike singapore who has been quoted as the cleanest city plus toilets, Malaysia is still on the down side.

Sorry!

October 16, 2016 at 8:50 pm

You are lucky . Visiting a good tourist place. Hope you enjoy it a lot. My favorite destination is Italy. I want to spend a fortnight there. One of my friends has informed that it is totally a different world. The big Palacios  buildings can be seen on either side of river banks, and Canals. Eeverything inch by inch is considered as Tourist Spot. A place of Historic monuments.

Whenever I think of touring Italy the places Panthean, The Colleseum, Cestine Chapel, and

Roman Tower appear as slides in front of my eyes.

I am still  in surprise to think and visualize the scenes as shown in some Bollywood movies.

October 16, 2016 at 9:04 pm

This is really unbelievable to know that the toilets are not good . I never knew about it.  Why they still prefer Squat toilets? How about the Water there? Will it be good?

October 16, 2016 at 10:28 pm

I just received my passport this past December so I am saving up to go on a travel destination. It is very expensive to travel by plane to any place in the world. That is one of the things I hate about being an American. Expensive things. I have always wished to visit places like Dakar, Senegal or Beirut, Lebanon. I could get lost in England if that was even allowed. I guess I am just ready to leave America soon and see some site seeing for myself.

All of my kids are almost grown. My baby boy is 13 so he is not a little boy anymore. So travelling would be easy with him.