Author Posts

June 1, 2016 at 12:06 am

@Rajaraman K Oh okay I thought maybe no reason at all was given to you for your account being banned.I understand now.

@JoDee Stout Really. This is the first I have heard of this. Thank you for shedding some light on this. Because from what I had been told this was a new site that had just started up. Thank you.

June 1, 2016 at 1:37 am

My early experiences with the first iteration of the site were quite good, but after the first time somebody ran off with the profits the site was never right again. There was a second incidence of embezzlement, and also an issue where one of several admins made a unilateral decision to shut down the site because of a technical issue. This decision was apparently made on the basis of them not having a backup – even an outdated one – of the site and its contents.

I had a negative experience with Christy after the second big kerfuffle (which was actually the third major shift in the site, due to a “clean start” that had happened when they took a new domain name.) I basically got the impression that members should shut up and be loyal, and not ask any difficult questions. Anyone who knows me from other sites, will know that kind of attitude does not sit well with me at all…

I’ve never known this site to be a reliable source of income, and as far as I know there were stretches of time where even their hosting fees were being covered by Rex.

I got a canned email from them after they launched the latest version of the site, inviting me (generically, as something like “dear friend”) to join their site. It was signed by the anonymous staff, and when I asked Rex if he was still involved with the site he ignored my question. That basically told me everything I needed to know.

I would not recommend the site, and I hope nobody else gets cheated by this group.

June 1, 2016 at 3:26 am

I tried to apply there but when I went to the site it said something like not open to new writers or something like that, but again I have seven and eight other sites to write for I do believe that is enough for me to get a freelance writing career started. Have a good evening.

June 1, 2016 at 4:13 am

@ruby3881 Wow, you really had a horrible experience with them. I am finding that all reviews are pretty much negative on them. Usually, you have good and bad, but when they are all bad I stop fooling with them. Thank you for telling me everything about your experiences.

@Mark Graham If you do not mind my asking what other writing sites are you on. I am looking for some myself.

June 1, 2016 at 9:52 am

@melissa1024 It certainly left a bad taste in my mouth, yes. Experiences like that have left me very wavy of writing sites run by people whose skill set is more technical than writing-related. I have heard a lot of very negative things about sites I was never involved with, too. Usually for about the same reasons….

June 1, 2016 at 10:02 am

@ruby3881 I am really thankful for your honest opinion on that site. I like to ask others opinions on sites because I to have run into trouble with sites where I’ve worked then never could get payment, so I usually tend to go on what others say and their experiences on sites before I get to deep.

June 1, 2016 at 11:01 am

@melissa1024 I think every new site is a bit of a gamble, especially a startup that hasn’t paid any of its users yet. I’ve been cheated in several places, so I’m usually pretty careful about what kind of content I post and how much I contribute to an unproven site.

Luckily, I never published much on EliteVisitors. Some of what I wrote for them, I was able to republish elsewhere after the entire site was lost. So not much lost, except my trust in that group of people…

June 1, 2016 at 1:21 pm

@Kyla Matton Osborne (Ruby3881) What a horrible experience you had! I am so glad that I never wasted my time there. I signed up for the site but there were mixed reviews about the site, so I decided to focus on blogjob. Besides I thought the rates were low. And now I am sure that I will never waste my time on that site again.

June 1, 2016 at 9:09 pm

@ruby3881 I agree every new site is a gamble. Some of the sites I were taken by were old ones. This was when I first started writing. Since, I have became weary of joining sites and if I do I always like to hear other’s experiences with the site. I am glad you were able to get some of your articles back and post them on other sites.

September 30, 2016 at 9:33 am

@ Melissa Jarrell  I tried the site and wrote 16 posts there but the site is too slow to earn. So  I stopped writing there.

September 30, 2016 at 2:00 pm

From the beginning I hate participating in the bids. The site you have mentioned is totally ridiculous. They categorized the writers as Standard…Premier and Elite. After registering with the site when I search for the work there were only 1 or 2 were there. Even for those 2 I had to participate in the bid. As this is against my principle I dropped the idea to visit that site again.  You are great. Wrote Articles also for that site. I do not think it is worth considering  to write for that site.

September 30, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Do you have any experience with  Elance?

September 30, 2016 at 2:06 pm

How is blogsjob? Can I register with  the site? How does it work?

September 30, 2016 at 7:30 pm

I have heard the site and I have heard lots of the members who posted articles was not paid. I also registered their and I was not paid. I don’t know how many articles I posted, don’t care anyway because the site is not worth to give attention.

October 1, 2016 at 9:09 am

@sivasubrahmanyam shatdarsanam blogjob has suspended its rewards program a few months back and is no longer paying.