Author Posts

June 7, 2016 at 6:20 am

I had just joined the site yesterday. I am still grasping the basic rules transcribed in the site’s guidelines. There is a particular question that boggled my mind as a newbie in this site. The particular question is, “Can I use my username instead of my complete name?” I was looking in every corner of the site and can’t find an answer for it. I also browsed some posts of the members and noticed that some used their username. I hope this big question of mine can be answered.

June 7, 2016 at 6:28 am

I believe that your real name shows up with your profile picture.  When you click on your picture it will go to your profile ..@shavkat is the username.  When I signed up, it asked for username and I picked one..so it will be different from my real name.  Hope this helps out!!

June 7, 2016 at 6:41 am

Thank you for the information @JoDee Stout. I noticed that you are using your username. Thus, it is fine to use the username.

June 7, 2016 at 6:54 am

@Shavkat  Welcome to LiteracyBase. It can be a bit confusing and we did have a time finding our way around the site at first. When I signed up I did not want my real name to be shown so I put my username in both fields. I have no idea if that is approved or not but I have not been told otherwise. If you tag admin or support with your question they will answer it for you. They are usually pretty good about that. Hope you find your answer.

June 7, 2016 at 7:32 am

I used my username for both.

I will not put in my real name here.  I do not want anyone in my real life to know that I have an online presence.

I think that gives me the liberty to write about them!

June 7, 2016 at 7:36 am

Welcome @shavkat! I haven’t encountered any rules that address what kind of display name we can have. I’m sure it’s fine to use the same name for both username and display name. If ever you have a technical question you want answered by the staff, you can just tag @support 🙂

June 7, 2016 at 7:44 am

Good thinking @scheng1  If you write about them they will never know unless they just happen to come across it and think hmmm this sounds so like me. Lol  I try not to use my real name anywhere. I like being anonymous and in the shadows.

June 7, 2016 at 9:06 am

I’m a new member too and I have the same question prior to registering. But thanks to @Shavkat for opening up the topic. It totally explains why some used their username. 🙂

June 7, 2016 at 9:38 am

@Rachz I am very much sure you will learn more tricks of the trade with each passing day on this site. I am out of station right now so not active here but I will be super active as soon as I come back.

June 7, 2016 at 10:11 am

Welcome @ Rachz  and @ Shavkat ! Since your question has already been answered, I won’t repeat the same. Welcome to the site! I hope you will enjoy your time here!

June 7, 2016 at 11:03 am

@morgoodie Thank you for the information. As far as I wanted to ask the admin of this site. I am still exploring on how to do it.

June 7, 2016 at 2:35 pm

@rachz85 @shavkat I think I saw you from somewhere, the faces looks familiar. Welcome to the site. During the time that I am just starting, I put my name on the blank page provided and I never thought that we can put our username there as well. If I knew it before, my name will not be reflected every time I am replying to forums. And I have my own picture already, maybe because I am a member of WordPress even before or Diqust…

June 7, 2016 at 2:53 pm

There are a lot of friendly and helpful members here scattering all over this site. They are ever ready to give the info that you need. As what you did by simply putting your question online, those members who came to the rescue are as I have said are very helpful. They have been helping me too when I was still exploring this site. They have even pointed out some of my flaws or things that I have overlooked in my post. I know they could be relied upon. Thanks, guys!

June 7, 2016 at 3:08 pm

@shavkat/

I also used my username peachpurple and peachy, I don’t use my real name.

You can change your name anytime.