Author Posts

May 19, 2016 at 8:13 am

I love to learn about the different theories and the different “evidence” that everyone has on these creatures. I have been interested in this since I was a child. There used to be a show that was narrated by Leonard Nimoy called In Search of… and it would delve into different mysteries. I even had a book on Bigfoot. It used to scare me to think that there were these creatures out there, but I was also fascinated by them. I still am.

My son and I watch a show called Mountain Monsters and a group of guys go in search of Bigfoot and other mountain monsters. We find it fascinating and wonder if  it is possible for this to be real. I can see if they were out there in the most remote areas and think that it could be possible. There are still many things in this world that we do not know about so why not?

May 19, 2016 at 9:10 am

I used to love watching In Search Of…!

I now live in Sasquatch country, which would have thrilled me to no end back when I was a kid. I remember learning about the Sasquatch legend on an episode of the Bionic Woman, LOL!

If I remember correctly, in that show it was portrayed as some sort of sentient hominid. It was handled much the same way the “hulk” had been in another series from the same period. Sort of a creature that was frightening because it was wild, but that meant no harm. That kind of approach really appealed to me, and even today I guess I’d like to think if there is a Sasquatch it would be just a creature that had evolved on a different path from us…

May 19, 2016 at 9:41 am

@ruby3881  That is an odd place to learn about Sasquatch. LOL  I really wish they would bring back reruns of In Search Of…  I loved Leonard Nimoy’s voice since it was perfect for the show. My dad used to watch every episode of it and I was right there with him. I think I got my love for mysterious things from him. I am very curious by nature and now my son is the same way. I love being able to share that with him. Always looking for answers.

I hope you do not run into a Sasquatch but I know that you live in Canada and that is a popular place for them to live. Lots of remote and uninhabited areas right? I have been reading some reports of sightings in the northern area of my state as well.

I remember as a child going “up north” as we call it to where my dad grew up and my uncle was living. There was this legend there about the DogMan and there was even a song about it. My dad and uncle always liked to tell stories about their childhood and one of them was that in the middle of the winter with lots of snow there were weird footprints in the snow that went up their house to the roof and then they stopped. There were none going away from the house.

This story and the song used to terrify me, but I was always intrigued to hear the story. I thought it was pretty cool that I was so close to where a legend happened. I even had a set of Time Life books about unexplained mysteries. LOL  I am so weird but I love it.

May 19, 2016 at 11:21 am

@morgoodie The Sasquatch is associated with the Pacific Northwest, so in Canada that covers the coastal region of BC as well as the Interior where I live. Apparently, there have also been sightings in Alberta and up into the northern territories.

I tend to think most of the stories are just made up to scare people, to spark tourism, or because somebody wants attention or has too fertile an imagination. If anything, many of the so-called Sasquatch are probably bears. We have an awful lot of them here – so many that hunters are actually encouraged to cull them because they come right into town and pose a risk to the human population.

May 19, 2016 at 2:04 pm

I like watching documentaries about the Loch Ness Monster,  the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle and about Bigfoot.  However,  with the existence of Bigfoot,  after so many people really tryinh to know if they were real or not has bored me down. Several shows have been put on tv trying to take a real good picture of Bigfoot’s existence. But here is my thought on this: Bigfoot may be for real but trying to be face to face with him may be difficult or impossible PROBABLY BECAUSE THEY ARE REALLY NOT BEINGS FROM THIS DIMENSION THAT WHEN people try to go after them,  they just disappear because they go through a tunnel leading to their own world …. Just my thought.

May 19, 2016 at 6:24 pm

@ruby3881   I can see how this is a possibility but I like to keep an open mind when it comes to this sort of thing.  I just think it makes life more interesting to think that there is more to this world than what we see every day. Plus, I love a good mystery.

@jentleheart  That is an interesting point of view. It could be a possibility that they are from another dimension and when people do happen to see them it is because they have crossed dimensions. I agree there is a lot of shows about Bigfoot and the need to find him. I do not watch all of them, but some of them are pretty interesting. Mountain Monsters is about more than just Bigfoot though so I find it interesting and the team that hunt for him are entertaining.

May 21, 2016 at 1:25 am

@morgoodie I like that you embrace the possibility of something beyond what we already know. I tend to take the same spirit, but I apply it to the familiar things in life. There’s so much that we take for granted!

May 21, 2016 at 3:28 am

We do take an awful lot for granted and I try not to but sometimes I get carried away with every day life. I like being able to take a step back and realizing all the good things in life and try to appreciate those around me. I just love a good mystery and love to learn about unexplained things. It keeps the old gray cells active and sparking. Lol.

May 21, 2016 at 3:49 am

I beleieve there are other “creatures” that look different from us, so when there are sightings, people get all scared and stuff.  I mean really, dinosaurs use to inhabit the earth, what other creatures could there be?

May 21, 2016 at 4:00 am

That is my thoughts @JoDee   Why couldn’t creatures that we have not discovered yet be out there. Scientists find different species all the time. There are so many areas that people have not been even today that these types of creatures could still be there somewhere. They do not want to be caught and they are smarter than we give them credit for. I think the superstitions that go along with these mysterious creatures may be wrong since we do not know what they are really like.

July 11, 2016 at 5:50 pm

I haven’t watched it fr sure scary and and impossible. I just want to watch real and fantastic. i do not like to give myself trouble scaring and trembling. I think I have a gay blood LOL for I am not like others no fear, no scare.