Author Posts

July 17, 2017 at 1:22 pm

I am Mrjayrm and I have an outline here that I created on how to earn money and reach thousands of plays on sound cloud and beatstars, while also gaining fans. Just read below

Would You Like To Reach Thousands Of Plays? By Mrjayrm  

Topic: Soundcloud.com  

General Purpose: To Inform 

Specific Purpose: Using Soundcloud for Promoting music does work and gets you known. 

Central idea: Since Soundcloud started their website, many music artist and producers have been reaching the dream of getting know all around the world.  

Introduction 

1. Attention-Getter: Main Thesis: Who here has used soundcloud to listen to music or distribute their music? Well, Since Soundcloud started their website, many music artist and producers have been reaching the dream of getting know all around the world thanks to all Soundcloud users. 

1. Establish Credibility: In all honesty, since I started using soundcloud, I have reached over 50, 000 plays in the last seven months and gained 200 followers.  At first I thought soundcloud was not going to work, but as I observed all stats from each track as the months went by, I learned that soundcloud does work to get you’re music out. 

1. Preview: Today, I will first discuss, how to use soundcloud to get followers and plays. Second, I will discuss the features of soundcloud. Third, how to make money with soundcloud. 

Transition: First, I will speak about how to use soundcloud to get known, and start getting real followers. 

Body 

1. One secret to getting followers and getting known on soundcloud, is by doing the math. 

1.  For instance, the more tracks you upload the more plays you get. Once uploading a track, start on the next one and publish it to soundcloud right away. Soundcloud Listeners will start following and liking the track, and if you are lucky they will start commenting and leaving feedback.  

1. According to an article on Mashable .com entitled “The Beginner’s Guide to Soundcloud” by Denise Lu, He explains other ways to get followers besides music 

1. He explained,” Soundcloud provides a way to stream embeddable audio pieces for news and sports media outlets.”  

1. For instance, musicians embed a soundcloud player on to a website they create, and then share it to Facebook, which will then link back to soundcloud allowing Facebook users to follow you and hear the tracks that are uploaded. 

1. Another way to get soundcloud Followers is to add jpeg files to it, a nice picture, words anything that attracts listeners. 

1. For example, use symbols that are colorful. 

1. Write a Phrase on the picture. 

1. Use effects to make it transparent or change the size of the images,. 

1. Also, color the background and put your company name or nickname. 

1. Soundcloud is designed to get you followers and get known. 

1. Always, get involved with soundcloud by listening to other producers or Artist music, if you follow them there is a chance they will check you’re page to see if you are a real follower. 

1. If they follow, fans that follow them can see that you are following and if lucky they will check out your page too.  

1. Also, do not be afraid to message people and ask if they can hear you’re tracks and give feedback. 

1. If someone messages you first, reply and let them know you will check out their music that way they check out your profile. 

1. The more you get involved with the Soundcloud community, the more followers, and plays you will receive. 

Transition: Now that I have discussed how to use soundcloud to get known and get followers, I will discuss the key features of soundcloud. 

1. On July, 8 2014 at 6 A.M, a writer for the Houston Press named Corey Deiterman wrote an article called, “The Five Best Reasons to use Soundcloud”.  

1. First he explains that “As streaming services grow to be the norm and more and more people turn to YouTube, Spotify, Bandcamp and soundcloud for their music listening experiences, it might seem overwhelming to bands trying to maintain an online presence”.  

1. What Deiterman means, is that people prefer to listen to music on many different types of online music streaming websites, and that it makes it difficult for artist to catch up on uploading all tracks to different websites or apps.  

1. Is it better to stick to one music service or try them all out? Well, according to Deiterman, he thinks Artist are better off using soundcloud for various reasons.  

1. For instance Dieterman mentions 5 futures that soundcloud offers, and those features are embedding, comments, creating playlist and perfection for demos, no censoring. 

1. Although those are great features, there are other great features that soundcloud offers but you have to discover on our own. 

1. One feature is adding a buy link to tracks by using the download tab. 

1. Second, the new soundcloud pulse app that keeps track of followers, tracks, plays per month, year and week and also keeps track of downloads, likes, comments and sends notifications to your phone. 

1. Third, it lets you upload a banner next to the profile picture, and to each track. 

1. Finally, it lets you link other social media websites to the soundcloud profile. 

1. Although soundcloud is free, a cool feature is that it offers a package for 9$ a month, which unlocks some fantastic features that come in handy. 

1. One feature lets you see who views your profile. 

1. It is very useful because it lets you see who views you’re profile. 

1. Also, it tells you how many times they played your tracks. 

1. Another feature lets you see what country plays your tracks the most. 

1. It also lets you see what cities play the most. 

1. Finally, with these features, you can see if a local celebrity viewed your tracks. 

Transition: Now that we have learned the features of Soundcloud, I will discuss how to start making money with Soundcloud. 

1. On August 22, Ryan Faughner a writer for the Los Angeles Times wrote an article entitled , “Company Town: Soundcloud to begin airing adds, paying artist; The music streaming site is also expected to launch a subscription-based service”, in which he mentions that Jeff Toig  the company’s chief business officer said “were trying to help creators, make money with us, and advertising is one way”  

1. Indeed, advertising is a great way to make money for artist, but you must be able to work for it. 

1. For instance, Soundcloud only invites Artist that have thousands of plays in most of the tracks to a monetizing program. 

1. Monetizing lets you get paid by adding ads on your tracks. 

1. Which then if you are getting many plays, you will be earning cash. 

1. Although not everyone gets thousands a plays, there is a way to earn cash. 

1. Another way of earning cash, is by uploading tracks and linking it to a buy link, which leads you to the website you are using to sell you’re music. 

1. It might take some work to do this, but it works. 

1. First you must get the link of the track and copy and paste it to the download link on soundcloud. 

1. It will then display on the screen, a buy button instead of a download link. 

1. Another way which is the best way to earn cash with soundcloud is what I do. 

1. First you, must create a beat stars account at beatstars.com. Beatstars is an online music site where you sell your tracks and can put a price as much as you want, they recently partnered up with Soundcloud for a new program. 

2. After activating the beat stars account you click on the music distribution tab, which will then show all your tracks from soundcloud. 

3. After you select all tracks you want to be monetized, they will be reviewed and then distributed, which they send an email to let you know when the process is done. 

4.Once finished, Soundcloud will turn on your Monetizing ads, and all your tracks will start earning revenue, also it will give you unlimited upload time on Soundcloud which then you don’t have to pay 9 dollars to get upload time. 

Conclusion  

1. Restate main thesis: In this speech, I have spoken about how to get known and get real followers on soundcloud, what features soundcloud offers and how to make money on soundcloud. 

1. Anticipating the end: In conclusion, I hope this information helps the students that want to be musicians/producers or just want to listen to music. 

1. Application to audience: Hopefully we all understand how soundcloud works, who knows maybe someday it comes in useful. 

1. Summary: Soundcloud was founded in September 2007 by alexander Ljung and Eric wahlforss, it was criticized by critics, but now 8 years later it has 47 million registered users, and 175 million unique listeners.