Author Posts

June 9, 2016 at 3:14 am

There are other ways besides the writing, PTC and survey sites that one can earn money.  One can also sell things that they may not want/need anymore?  Have you ever sold anything on-line?  Do you have a “virtual” store where you might sell crafts or other things on?

June 9, 2016 at 6:15 am

@JoDee  I do  sell things on eBay and I usually do pretty good. I have gotten rid of quite a bit of things over the past few months because we are moving and I do not want to take it with us. I have only ever sold on eBay so I do not know how other sites are. I do not have a virtual store but I have thought about that before. I like to look for old toys and sell them on eBay. I had some vintage Polly Pocket toys that sold for quite a bit of money. I need to find more of them. I just do not sell anything that needs to be packed in a box just for the sake of not wanting to pack it and take it to the post office.

June 9, 2016 at 7:36 am

@morgoodie, is the pricing expensive to ship some thing to some one?  Do you add that in to the price that you’re asking for?  Was wondering how that worked.  My niece and her  husband were making a decent amount of money selling things on eBay.  But then she mentioned something about too expensive for shipping.

June 9, 2016 at 8:02 am

It is expensive but I usually have the buyer pay for it. I have a few items on there now that are buy it now auctions and have tried to include the shipping in the list price so I can offer free shipping. It looks better if it can be listed that way. I have sold a couple of things that way but I think the regular auctions are better and I get more sold. I used to make really good money on there but now that the fees are bigger and it varies from one category to another one. Then there are the PayPal fee. I need to get busy and start listing a bunch of things on there to get them out of the house.

I just do not like to ship big items because it just seems too inconvenient for me. I do not want to get boxes and packing materials for them either. I stick to things that fit into the different size mailing envelopes and clothing I put in plastic mail envelopes so that helps keep shipping down. If I send something that can fit into a letter size bubble mailer and it weighs 1-2 ounces it will cost me $2.45 to ship because it is not in a regular letter envelope. It is just crazy and frustrating.

June 12, 2016 at 2:01 pm

Here in my country we used OLX Philippines or a group or make a page at Facebook to sell old things. Just tell your future customer that it is a second hand things that is good to use. There are lots of people using Facebook as part of their marketing strategy and OLX as well. Just create an account at OLX and you could be a seller.

June 12, 2016 at 2:24 pm

For some friends of mine, they usually post in Facebook in selling something. I haven’t tried to sell online. In some occasion, I do direct selling to people and I find it easy to sell in close contact with possible clients. At this point of time, I don’t have enough time to do it. I am working as home-based English teacher as full-time. I do earn in teaching online as compared to regular jobs in my country.

June 13, 2016 at 5:07 am

I have seen many people sell things on FB but just have not tried that. I am not sure if I would be able to sell anything. I do not have a lot of friends on there and most are not in my area. I have seen many different apps that are for selling locally but I have not done those yet either. Maybe when I move to a better area I might check into selling on them.

June 13, 2016 at 6:00 am

I have friends who sells handmade stuffs at Ebay and Zazzle.

A Hubpage friend had sold mouse pads, cushions, laptop bag with her doggie picture.

Zazzle did all the job, she just had to upload the doggie photos.

She is earning some decent money there.

I wanted to join in but you need to supply your read ID , etc in order to prove that you are the owner.

Otherwise you can’t get payment.

So, I gave up.

ID ( Identification card ) is my personal information.

I can’t simply give anyone , right?

June 13, 2016 at 7:02 am

@peachpurple  I do not mind giving my ID to those sites that are legit. We have to show ID for many things and if you were to get a regular store you would have to give your ID.  I have heard about Zazzle but do not know anyone who has tried it. I am glad that your friend is having good luck on there.

June 17, 2016 at 6:26 pm

I don’t have an online shop but used a local free ads website to sell a few items. I sold my son’s barely used clothing and footwear and a couple of skincare items I am not yet using (but bought because it was on sale/cute, LOL!).

June 21, 2016 at 4:57 am

http://172.104.9.193/members/morgoodie/

yes she is earning well at zazzle.

Too bad that zazzle required the ID, otherwise I would have joined in.

I wanted to try on Ebay since I can handmade greeting cards but the price sold at Ebay are so expensive that I doubt anyone would fork out the money.

Would you buy a birthday card for USD$15???

http://172.104.9.193/members/cessy08/

where did you sell those items?

I have a lot of baby old clothes, my old clothes, my maternity clothes, school books, story books that my kids are too old for them.

How about the postal fees?

Do you use courier service or postal?

June 29, 2016 at 10:25 am

@peachpurple I have sold a few used books on Ebay but it was too much work for very less profit. So I gave up. I use my website astrokrsna to sell horoscope reading and tarot readings. I have heard a lot about zazzle but I haven’t explored it yet.

June 29, 2016 at 11:29 am

http://172.104.9.193/members/swalia/

how do the buyers pay you for your work?

paypal or bank into your bank account?

June 29, 2016 at 11:45 am

@peachpurple  On my website, I am using PayUmoney which is a popular payment processor for domestic transactions. Some clients prefer to directly pay through bank transfers. I have not installed paypal yet as I don’t have many international clients but it’s on my to-do list.