Author Posts

November 17, 2016 at 6:58 pm

fail

Why do some people fail final examination when they pass in the first and second term test? Is it over confidence? Or fault of their brains? There is always a surprise in examination results. And in view of this, no student must be too confident of himself or herself. You will therefore have to read widely because something you are not taught in the school may come out in the question paper.

When your examination is approaching, revise your books..provide yourself with all the materials for the occasion. Do not think much about the examination, take it easily but seriously. On the day of the examination, wake up in time, wash your body, clear your teeth, take good food, tidy your hair, put up clean dress and leave for the great occasion which would determine your future.

Remember always to go with a paper for rough work, avoid borrowing anything in examination hall and do not look into anybody’s work. Rely on your knowledge and brain.

November 17, 2016 at 7:42 pm

You are right @ Elom about being too confident when the final examination is approaching.

During my 1st and 2nd year in college, most of the teacher give an examination which is the scope of the whole semesters’ lesson. So I always assume that it was easier because I think that it was just the main topics. After giving the result, I was so embarrassed with the result. Although, it was not failed but it’s below my expectation, therefore, it’s still a failure for me.

Sometimes, we need to broaden our minds when it comes to the scope of final examinations or any examinations that we are taking.

In terms of reviewing, don’t depend on the prior knowledge we have or on our notes’ content. We must allow ourselves to do more reading most especially about the current events in our society, because sometimes, professors will make some questions that are not from the lessons being discussed.

November 17, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Examination is the test of your ability and nothing else. But in our schools and colleges and even in all the universities of the whole world people are cramming the bookish materials is bad for future years because cramming mar inborn abilities and capabilities from the very beginning.

Cramming uproots human creative power from the very begging. I suggest my students ( I am Professor of English Language and Literature) First read the books carefully and try understand the message of the book and after ponder over it too much.

Them write what you understand with arguments negative or positive but your arguments must be strong at any cast. I have seen neither teacher read the original text books nor the students read the original text books at homes and at colleges and schools.