Author Posts

May 23, 2016 at 6:02 pm

@icybc Perhaps he has no idea what to do, and he does not want to give false hope.

Expertscolumn stopped paying for a long time.  All of a sudden, we received email that the revenue sharing program started again.

I did not login immediately.  When I did login, I was surprised to find $19 sitting there waiting for me to claim!

I have not been active, though I login now and then to check my bank!

May 23, 2016 at 6:33 pm

I don’t know what to say anymore. It is frustrating to wait but since I had done this before on Bubblews, I think I am still doing it again with Blogjob. I am not happy about the rewards being suspended as I am hoping that the site could help me save money now, but then no matter how I pray for the site everyday, if the decision of Sheridan to temporary stop the rewards, then my prayer will be useless.

I am not sure if the site will come back, but I am hoping.

May 23, 2016 at 6:57 pm

I just started to write for BlogJob last month and I like there as well as here.  I am going to write for both sites.  I hope BlogJob comes back and I am still writing at least one article over there as well as posting comments with a few other friends as well that I met on other sites.

May 23, 2016 at 7:45 pm

@ IcyBC  I also log in daily and find hardly 2-3 users online. Those who are regularly posting there are the ones who have adsense and also using amazon affiliate on their blogjob sites, so perhaps they are continuing to write blog posts because they are earning at least through adsense and amazon.

@bestwriter Same here! I would also continue to work on literacybase even if blogjob comes back.

May 23, 2016 at 7:55 pm

@Grecy Garcia  I know dear.. It’s getting frustrating with each passing day. When Sheridan suspended the rewards program, he said that it was due to technical glitches and didn’t cite financial issues for the decision. however, I find it hard to believe that the technical issues haven’t been sorted out even after so many days. The other thing which bothers me is that in his last update, Sheridan had mentioned that if the users want to take their blogs on other sites, he would understand.

May 23, 2016 at 7:57 pm

I miss Blogjob very much. But Sheridan’s silence is making me dejected and not very hopeful.

For a site to flourish, it needs active members. Sheridan should have reduced points for posts till the site became more stable and raised payment threshold to $100 only.

This way people would not have deserted the site and kept on posting and promoting.

May 23, 2016 at 8:49 pm

Blogjob was a legendary name – a rare gem. It was probably the only website which had people making 100 Dollars in 40 Days (OR lesser). I know people who increased their limit to 400 Points a day and cashed out in a month. What happened was a sad story but not unexpected.

If you looked at their model – you will note that they paid for actually non revenue generating acts like “likes and favoriting” as well. Not only this but they allowed to have your own advertizing on blogs as well.

But, if you look closely at the site’s performance, you would have noticed the administrator’s (Sheridan’s) worries too. In order to have any venture running, you need more revenue and lesser costs (if you don’t want to beg for donations). Websites make money through ads. Not all ads pay equally. So, blogjob had to regularly change ad servers. This process was called “Scheduled maintenance”.

When that happened

1. For us, they were upgrading servers

2.For the site owners, they were making the website better

3. For the search engine – it is a DOWNTIME.

The 3rd one is a serious problem. Unfortunately, that happened many times which resulted in temporarily suspension. Blogjob had to reduce daily limits in the beginning and temporary suspension in the end.

May 23, 2016 at 8:55 pm

@Dawnwriter  I agree with what you have suggested. He should have lowered the pay rates or may be hiked the minimum payment threshold to keep the members still interested & the site wouldn’t have been deserted. In fact, I think that may be the site is no longer profitable for Sheridan and perhaps he cannot afford to pay the members. Whatever be the reason,  I feel that he should have made an update about the current status of the site.

May 23, 2016 at 9:06 pm

I dont know why are @dawnwriter and @swalia and others actually pointing fingers at site owner. He needs this website more than us. I have seen many online earning sites but none as supportive as blogjob. Whatever doubts I had were answered by him from time to time. It was a high paying website coming from a cooperative champ.

Blogjob’s temporary closure may seem to be full stop for many but he needs us right now. I know the measure he took could be reducing traffic considerably. But, he had nothing more to do as he mentioned. He may not be replying because he might have some other priorities and there is no point pasting same thing again. I have complete hope that he will definitely update as soon as he sees a positive ray of hope. Till then we should support him.

I dont recommend taking our blogs back because it helped us make money in the past (50 points per blog post). Please note: Blogjob NOT getting traffic automatically implies that our blog won’t get traffic either. If we promote just our blogs – we are getting traffic which pays us (Remember, blogjob allows us to advertise our own content). This way, we can do our bit (no matter how small it is but it is significant) to help blogjob get some traffic. This is the purpose why the website made some unique payment schemes unseen anywhere else.

Think that you are getting search engine revenue for your own blog and you will automatically help blogjob recover from the problem. Merely blaming Sheridan won’t help.

May 23, 2016 at 9:24 pm

@dancing.baby I have utmost respect for Sheridan and how he has run things so far.

He has proved his integrity and professionalism and really we had no intentions of criticising him.

What I said was part wishful thinking and part suggestions from a very layman point of view.

But silence from admins is never good.There have been so many good wishes and suggestions for him on forums. It is not too much to expect an occasional update.

I have no intentions of removing my blogs from Blogjob and I am still promoting them on twitter and Google+.

May 23, 2016 at 9:40 pm

I will not mention anyone in particular on this post but I assure you all that BlogJob will come back in near future. Maybe the site will have a different pay rate. What I am expecting is that double pay system gone or pay rates will be revised. I am sure admin is rewriting the entire algorithm before bringing the points back in place.

May 23, 2016 at 9:44 pm

@dancing.baby There is a difference between pointing fingers and having a discussion about the state of things. I have already stated that Sheridan has proved his honesty & sincerity by paying the members who redeemed after suspension of rewards system. In fact, I daily log in the site and make a few updates but an update from Sheridan at least once a fortnight will keep the members aware of what is happening at the site. I don’t think there is any wrong in expecting to know what’s going on at the site.

May 23, 2016 at 9:48 pm

@suny  Most of us are hopeful that the site will return and that’s why we still log in there every day. I have stopped writing posts there but I make it a point to share a few updates on the site on a daily basis.

@Dawnwriter  Even I have not removed my blogs from the site. I will wait till further update.

May 24, 2016 at 2:49 am

What I don’t like (IMO) is when the owner or support suddenly stops posting or NOT keeping people informed about the site.  We all know from Bubblews when Arvind and the rest of the support quit giving updates or posting, it was then that the site went down hill.  With myLot, at least the staff/owner informed us that the site was NOT paying us anymore, even though none of us writers wanted it that way.  Owners/support in any job or site need to be open, even if what they have to say is something that we may not like or want to hear.

June 1, 2016 at 10:44 am

It is indeed sad that the ads are still making money for the owner while the writers do not. This has happened before also and hope he revives the point system otherwise most people will delete their blogs and leave.