Knowledge Is Power Use...
The group is dedicated to like minded friends who would like to discuss any topic which will help us have a healthy debate and discussion and help us in becoming better human beings. Please go through the details and understand the same well before joining the group as joining the group means agreeing to the same. The knowledge thus obtained can be used for the betterment of humanity and help us in turning out to be individuals working for a common good and a better world. Respect and tolerance for others opinion and views is a basic requirement in this process members would also not make any negative comments, character defamation and use abusive language and indulge in deviant behaviour. Whoever would want to join or comment in the group would not misuse the group and stray from its objective and would not indulge in any legal cases, arbitration, suits, claim damages and the like. Topics will usually start with a write up article.
What Are The Best Ways To Stay Cool And Healthy In Summer
Summer has arrived in India and here are some of the best ways in which one can stay cool and healthy. While there are many different ways in which each and every individual tries to cope with summer a few of the methods are listed below.
1) Drink lots of water why this is a regimen which one has to follow all through the year. But it is very important especially in the months of summer. Make sure the water you drink is safe and purified.
2) Drink fresh fruit juices by trying to grind the same in mixer and do not add sugar to it. These fruit juices provide you the necessary nutrients, vitamins, minerals and other essential elements which are required by the body to stay healthy in summer.
3) Eat curd rice as it is very good especially in the months of summer. In summer generally the appetite becomes a little less compared to other seasons. This food is very good as it helps your body stay cool.
4) Drink lassi with spices and curry leaves mixed and blend the same on the mixture. Add a pinch of salt too. It is light weight on the stomach and keeps you hydrated drink this at least thrice a day.
5) Prepare milk shakes of different varieties as it is a favorite of both children and even elders. It is cool and also provides the required amount of fat too which one does not feel like consuming during this season.
6) Occasionally spoil yourselves with ice creams of different flavors. It helps reduce the body temperature during extreme weather. But do not over indulge as you may end up getting cough.
7) Prepare foods like sambar, rasam, mooru koyambu, vathal koyambu, amti and the like it is light on the body and does not make you feel stuffy.
8) Lime or lemon or lemonade is very healthy as it is a citrus fruit and consists of Vitamin C and other useful minerals and nutrients which are required for the body. This reduces chances of one getting a stroke to a great extent.
9) Avoid aerated drinks as they do more than good. They are nothing but junk food. If you want to buy something the preferable things would be cool milk which comes in different flavors, fresh fruit juices which are packaged and even lassi which is packaged is sold you can also have sharbat like Rooh Afza etc., As they are unani medicine too.
10) Eat different varieties of fruits which come in summer like water melon, grapes, pomegranates, banana, musk melon and many others which grow in the summer.
There are many other options available to keep you and your family safe and healthy so make the best of summer and taste as many different varieties you can which one should in the summer months. Enjoy the summer.
Some very good summer food and drinks options, and keeping a light stomach is very important. Very oily, spicy food can cause adverse impact.
Thank you for highlighting the importance of not having heavy foods which contain oil and are very spicy as these foods take time to digest in the months of summer and make one feel stuffy which can well be avoided. Many of the people also have issues related to constipation which can also be cured by taking bananas and cucumbers which will help over come the situations. I do not know how some people consume heavy foods in this season.
It is also important to stay fit by doing light exercises and more exercise in this season as the same when done in winter will result in exhaustion which is well avoided and taking more fluids is one of the most important aspects of keeping well in this season. Having chapatis with curry and corn, jowar and lentil intake is also very useful for the health in the months of summer. One should not also go out between 11 am and 4pm during peak summer.
Had curd milk today and enjoyed the same. Stopped having coffee or tea summer ends in the evenings. Temperatures reaching around 40 degree celsius. Having curd or lassi definitely seem to be cooling the body temperature by a few degrees. Fruits especially grapes too are the ones which I could taste and they feel light and cool on the stomach. Appetite also automatically reduces for me in the months of summer as the body does not need fats as it does in the winter months.
The best ways to drive away the summer heat are also the following
1. Wear lightweight cotton clothes. Avoid tight clothes.
2. Crush an Onion and tie it in a cloth. keep it in your trousers pocket. It prevents heat from being absorbed by the body.
3. Try to take an Umbrella when you go out or ask other elders to hold one when they need going
4. Prepare Buttermilk at home. Add some salt, coriander leave, pudina and some Onion pieces to the buttermilk. This is the best drink meant for the summer.
5. Always avoid drinking water from the fridge.
6. Purchase an earthen pot especially for the summer. Store it with water. Even buttermilk can be stored in it. If the cooling effect is not up to the desired level cover the pot with a wet cotton cloth.
7. Wash your face often with a gap of 3-4 hrs. This protects the skin from being dehydrated.
8. Always try to wear leather shoes (if they are inevitable for your job or work) or sandals. Always try to cover the entire feet.
9.Apply Coconut oil to the head during night and wash it early in the morning with herbal shampoo. Do not use soap.
10.Do not drink a bottle of water at a time. Drink a glass or two frequently. This is the correct way of drinking water during summer.
11. There is a special dish prepared in Indian villages exclusively for summer. Rice is cooked during night. They keep it in a pot and pour water and tie a cloth around the pot. The next day morning the water is filtered and will be taken as a drink. The rice is taken along with buttermilk, some salt, and Onion chutney. It works wonderfully. Again the remaining rice is dipped in water and as said above the procedure is repeated. The next day also they use it as a breakfast. Most of the people who work in Agricultural fields prefer this food item.
12. Try to fill the room with light aroma oils or perfumes.
13. Prefer to take bath using warm water adding two or three drops of rose water.
14. Do not expose your eyes directly and vigorously to the radiation. Try to use Sun Glasses.
15. Never wear Helmet directly on to the head if you got to drive two wheeler. First, have a cloth inside the Helmet and then keep it over your head. Otherwise, the accumulated dust and sweat particles are sure to damage your hair. There is also a possibility for itchy skin over the head.
16. Wear cotton gloves while driving a scooter.
17. Use good moisturiser as liberally as you can while going out.
Thanks for adding more useful information for keeping ourselves cool this summer. One thought I would share is that while in the villages people still use the traditional methods some of which have been mentioned by you in the list prepared. In our cities many have forgotten these methods and systems and end up drinking aerated drinks and other energy drinks which are prepared artificially.
It is better people follow the traditional methods as they are not only cheap but more importantly they are healthy and do not cost a lot. Lassi is one of the drinks which works effectively especially during the months of summer. One more fruit which is a favorite in the months of summer is the fruit of the palm tree. Which cools the body a lot and is very healthy for our body. I am waiting for the vendor of this to come and am going to eat the fruit as it has a good cooling effect and in rich in nutrients and vitamins. Best wishes.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.