Author Posts

December 5, 2016 at 12:51 am

Padma was cooking a dish for the evening and was awaiting the return of all members of family from their places of work and office. She liked cooking a nice tasty dish to all members of family and would cherish the moment they partook the same and had a contented look on their face. That would be the ultimate compliment for Padma. As she felt providing a nourishing meal is the ultimate goodthing any one can do in their life. She wanted to make a sweet dish and was eager to see the happy look after everyone had their meal as usual as she had promised her husband she would definitely prepare it today for him. She had already finished the cooking now and was readying the sweet dish in which milk was supposed to be used as an ingredient. Now almost everything was done and the milk was kept on the stove for heating.

At the moment the bell rang and she dashed to the door eager to see who had arrived first. When she opened the door she saw her husband and he had a cover in his hand. Eager to know what was there in it she grabbed it to see that there was a new saree. She asked, is it for me? Her husband replied who else wears a saree in the house not me or the children. Her spirits were on cloud nine and she started discussing and marveling at the saree and was telling her husband how her friends would feel jealous when they saw her wearing it.

Her husband asked Padma will I spend the whole night at the door or will you serve me some dinner as I am very hungry. At this moment she remembered about the milk threw the saree on the chair and ran inside the kitchen. Her husband asked now what happened? Why are you panicking? In the kitchen she reached and switched off the stove to remove the milk and pour it into the sweet dish ingredients kept on the other side. She found the milk had split due to excessive heat and there would be no milk available at the shops in the night. She started cursing herself for her fault and looking at the split milk started crying.

Her husband came in with a worried look on seeing her sobbing and enquired why are you crying are you not happy with the saree? She had no answer but started crying more. And told him that the milk had split and she cannot prepare the sweet dish which he requested her to prepare in the morning before leaving for office and she had promised him she would prepare. Never had such a thing happened with her she said it was because of her carelessness that this happened and he would have to do without the sweet dish. He looked at her and smiled and told her do not worry and told. I had some sweets before coming to the house and was wanting to tell you I wont be having the sweet. She was perplexed and didn’t react later her tears stopped and she started smiling.

She asked him what made him have sweets outside to which he replied I knew this was going to happen at home hence I changed my plan. She gave a angry look, but he smiled and said do not worry you would be getting many more opportunities to prepare the dish. But only on a few occasions would she get a new saree. Her anger immediately changed into a smile and she rushed to marvel at the saree and started thinking of the occasion she would wear it. She had totally forgot about the dish and the mess she had made of it. It was a distant memory.