Author Posts

February 11, 2017 at 3:40 pm

download (4)
Interesting facts about Jagannath Temple in Puri Odhisha. It is famous for the Rath Yatra of Lord Jagannath, Balabhadra and Devi Subhadra. Millions of devotees attend the festival and pull the chariot every year. If one gets a chance to pull the chariot it is considered as a very good thing for the devotee and Lord Krishna’s will. It is a wooden chariot made every year. There some mysteries also associated with this Temple.

It is observed that no birds fly above the Jagannath temple in Puri, the shadow of the main dome of Jagannath temple is not visible at at all times of the day. The flag at the top of the temple has been observed always flapping in the opposite direction of the air flow. The Mahaprasad is prepared by more than 600 cooks and partaken by upto 90,000 pilgrims, generating a business of Rs. 8 to 12 Lakhs per day. These are only some of them which have been stated in this article.

May be one will start reasoning with some scientific reasons to prove that this is due to this or that. But all this science was not there at the time of construction was there. That speaks volumes of the kind of craftsmanship that used to exist during the times when the temple was constructed. It is an ideal place to visit for tourism with its temples and beaches and a rich history which is unique to the eastern sea coast.

A tourist visit and pilgrimage to all temples by Hindus is a must to cleanse themselves of all the sins and to be more spiritually inclined. Which we seem to be moving away from in the present times which is not good for the mind, body and soul to be in harmony with each other and with nature and the outside environment. Promote tourism to religious places and other sites in India. Which many of us has not yet explored. Share this with others and create awareness of India’s rich tradition and culture.
  • This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by  Krishna Kumar.

March 7, 2017 at 4:32 pm

Odisha is above the state on the eastern side of India. It was known in history as Kalingadesa. One more interesting thing in the state of Odisha is the Chandraghanta river which has dried up. It was a huge river which got dried up over a period of time. The  mouth and source of flow of the river was discovered by the archaeologists last year. Before that there was a doubt whether the river existed or not. The sun temple in Konark is also a famous  historical temple which is dedicated to Surya Deva or Sun God.

Mahanadi is also one of the famous rivers of odisha. Baitarani river is another of the rivers of Odisha so is river Rushikulya and Brahmani river. All these rivers are venerated in many popular epics and legends. The famous temples of the state are the Lingaraj temple where the presiding deity is God Shiva.

Rajarani temple is also a famous temple with Jagannath temple, Ananta Vasudeva temple belonging to God Vishnu and the Sun temple belonging to Suryadeva along with Ardhasini temple. These are but only a few temples which have been mentioned will write a more elaborate article about the Odisha on another day with more interesting details.

March 9, 2017 at 3:54 pm

It is really interesting to read the post. I never knew that no birds fly over this temple and also about the flag fluttering always in the direction opposite to the wind flow. I also came to know about the archeological discovery of the dried river. Really interesting. If I happened to visit this temple I will certainly make use of this information. I remember well that there will be RATHA YATRA. I want to visit this place at least once just before the commencement of RATHA YATRA as we can not have the opportunity to see the Deity and the temple leisurely during heavy rush.

March 9, 2017 at 10:17 pm

Happy to know this information proved to be of some use. I wanted many of the friends to know about this and shared which was reshared by others a number which shows the amount of interest our people have about various important places of worship which are present in our country in different states belonging to different era’s and constructed by different kings. I was also fortunate to see source of the Mythical river Saraswati too which is believed to be underground. I saw this on television. I considered myself lucky to have had a darshan of the same. As it is very rare.

Wish you the best on your plans to visit Puri Jagannath temple and other famous temples in Odisha. One may encounter some difficulties during this process from the different service providers or people working nearby the temple but the difficulties are very minor when compared to the value of the darshan which on will get if one is fortunate to receive the same. When you go make sure you go on temple tourism  with other places of historical importance as if you are interested in photography you can get snaps too with darshan of different temple architecture which existed during different kingdoms during the period of whom these construction took place. Many are architectural marvels unmatched with most other temples and have their own spiritual significance.