Author Posts

March 7, 2017 at 11:56 pm

Life is a like a road on which we are on a journey and  which is filled with puddles, patches and at other places the road of life is smooth. It is for us to see the smoother surface and see that we have a smooth drive in life by avoiding the rough patches which we are going to encounter at different times in our lives. We can be successful in doing this by challenging ourselves in different ways which is unlike what we were or our personality was originally. Here are a few ways how we can challenge ourselves to motivate ourselves in the journey of life.

Try to tread a new path from the routine, mundane route of life which we usually like to lead. As this tends to put us in a comfort zone and we would generally not want to move out of the zone once we settle in that mode in life. You can do this by telling yourself that I am going to try something new and I will see to it that I will make it interesting for me and others around me. If I do not succeed then life always gives me a second chance and I will not end up regretting I did not choose the path.

Tell yourself I will meet new people and learn many things which I was unaware of and will also share my experiences with those people and build long term relationships which are stable and continue as a river meandering its ways before it reaches the ocean. I will cherish each moment I spend with the people with whom I build new relationships. Many of them will be good and some may be bad too but I will treat it as an  experience life has taught me and enriched me with.

Say to yourself I will start a new hobby or art or anything which I have started having an interest in lately and see to it that I will turn that hobby into an art by perfecting in the same and will be passionate about whatever I set my goal on. Most importantly I will treat it not as a business or a moneymaking proposition which will again come with the usual trappings associated with it.

I will decide and change one negative thing about me which I have been wanting to change for a long time step by step. Starting with one thing at a time. I will try to do this in a time bound manner and will try to happily accept doing it. Rather than forcing it on myself as a change which I am not willing to accept. Yes, I may not like how it is working out at one point of time but will not budge and work on it slowly. I am better off not rushing into doing it.

I will take each day as it comes and be happy with the progress I made on that day rather than thinking of months and years and getting tensed up and spending sleepless nights and becoming anxious. I would not like to have any toxicity to be present in my mind. I will calm myself and flush out all the toxins by nourishing myself with good food for the body, positive thoughts for the mind and make my soul feel happy with thoughts of the best moments I have had in my life till date.

I would be eagerly looking to start the next day of my life with a fresh slate for me to plan my dreams and chart out on a practical way to see that the plan becomes successful, implementable and fruitful for me and all those who are around me and associated with me. I would see that I will try to see happy faces all around me and share others difficulties in their hour of need.

I will challenge myself to see that I am successful in the above attempts and see what I have achieved on that particular day in the evening. Whether I succeed  or not is another thing. But I will always cherish my attempt made with all sincerity  as I do not regret not having made an attempt. For me there is always a tomorrow to count on and make a fresh attempt and improve myself from where I was yesterday as I am the one who will have a headstart.

March 8, 2017 at 11:25 am

Anything that matters to me is ME myself. How I want my life to be solely depends on what I make out of it. I always try to imbibe everything that is stimulating and makes be move further.

I always take a lesson from my mistakes from the past. For me a lesson once learned is a lesson for life. Each day I work om improving myself both mentally as well as spiritually.

For me life is an on going process of learning and i always want to keep in pace with it.

March 8, 2017 at 11:44 am

Self motivation is the mantra of success. If we are able to control ourselves, we can easily achieve our dreams without much efforts. For example I tried to quit smoking habit when others advised me but nothing happened. However, I tried to motivate myself and it has give me results by quitting smoking. Hence, self control is the base for self motivation without depending others. If we expect others for all, we will not win and at end life would be miserable.

March 8, 2017 at 1:07 pm

Yes indeed, quite positive ways to enrich ourselves, and try new things to motivate us. It is not easy, but good for us overall and it is something we would eventually like to do.

March 8, 2017 at 2:02 pm

@Dr KOKIL AGARWAL

Interesting piece of useful information added thanks for the same. These inputs add value not only to the content but also have expressed your opinion very well. We are very important in not only our own lives but for the lives of all those dependent on us. If the sun itself does not exist what will the satellites do? Regarding the mistakes we commit as suggested by you it is better mistakes once made need never be repeated again this requires lot of mind training but it is possible that is the positive news about the same.

Spirituality plays an important role in our life and helps us keep our mind stable and rooted to the ground. As a river collects water from the streams and brooks on its ways and grows big so too the human mind has to imbibe knowledge which works as a value addition in ones life and makes one more mature and wise. Best wishes.

March 8, 2017 at 2:12 pm

@manasha

Congratulations to you on being able to change and stop a habit which one is used to. I agree it does take lot of will power to achieve or change something which we have been accustomed to since a long period of time and which has negative effects on the health. One more positive is that once you are able to change something like this it becomes easy for you to change many things about oneself and improve ones personality, health and well being. As they say taking the one step forward is the key to success in life.

You have also rightly pointed out that if a person himself is not going to try and do anything and depends on others to do his or her bidding things will never succeed as it is self motivation and self control which play a key part in bringing about any change for the better. We need a bitter medicine to get well similarly we need self motivation, self control and self determination and not self pity to achieve our goals in life. Best wishes for future successes and regards.

March 8, 2017 at 2:20 pm

@PEEUSH TRIKHA

Agree with you good things do not come easily to one and one has to put lot of effort to achieve the same and enrich his life with the process of change and the success which receives at the end for the sacrifices one has had to make for the better. But it is always worth giving a try for something which does overall good to us in our life. As they say no pain leads to  no gain. Best wishes and regards.

March 8, 2017 at 3:17 pm

This is very nice topic. Motivation is something that has to come from our own. We can have motivational speech, example to motivate someone which may act as catalyst. But whether a person will be motivated or not totally depends on that person.
For me, I think I will do something and get motivated to do that! But after few days I get back to the old state of my mind and become the lazy me!

March 8, 2017 at 3:50 pm

True getting motivated for some time is one thing but sustaining the same on a continuous basis is totally a different thing. It would be better for us to break big or huge tasks into small units and take one thing at a time as this will help us continue sustain our motivation on a continuous basis. Only a few people will have the bent of mind to take a large task and sustain the same in a motivated on a continuous basis till they succeed in finishing the task.

It depends on the mind, the thinking and the thought pattern of the individual to sustain the same on the basis which is most suitable to his or her kind of thinking. Introspecting and analyzing  the same and pursuing the same once decided relentlessly is the key to success. Once a person finds this right balance between wanting to do and doing it on a continuous basis till the goal is achieved repeatedly again and again without causing fatigue or boredom then it means he has found the right mix of motivation to do what he has set out to achieve in life. Best wishes and regards.

March 8, 2017 at 4:03 pm

What I found is that we have to take small risks. We have to take one step at a time. You can do this by coming out of your comfort zone. You have to get out of your comfort zone one task at a time. I think some of the time you have to focus on things you can do to motivate and challenge yourself. But it all comes down to where you stand. You can’t be in motivation mode all the time.

March 8, 2017 at 9:10 pm

@mahesh

Appreciate your response for the above topic. Yes I do agree that it is better to take one step at a time especially when we are going to try something new. For this we definitely have to compromise and move out of our comfort zone cocoons which we would have built over a long period of time which is nothing but a state of mental barrier built up by our minds and we have become used to and are happy to always be in it. Yes challenges and motivation is very much required on a constant basis but it need not always be on the same gear or pace there must be variation.

The idea is to change the gears and the pace to see that monotony does not set in as this will lead to boredom and fatigue and loss of interest in staying motivated. Motivation in varying degrees at different times is a better option compared to doing something at a constant speed. Change in pace always acts as a refreshing change to the mind and does a lot of good. We also need to be in recharge mode in between to recharge our minds to be mentally strong and keep ourselves motivated.

This period is nothing but the time taken in shifting the gears again so that the motivation levels soar to new heights. As a car needs rest after being driven for x number of kilometers so does our mind which needs a break too from the mundane to recharge itself. Thanks for your participation.

March 8, 2017 at 10:04 pm

In my view changing the course of action instead of brooding over the past is the best way of achieving success.

It should be like taking the football to the opponent’s side every time changing the strategy and the direction without any disappointment if once it is stopped by the Goalkeeper. Every time, the Goalkeeper of the opposite time may not stop it. At one time or at some point in time he too will fail to stop your kick or dribbling.

The most important thing in life is to learn to travel alone meeting new friends, adjusting to the situations, talking to new friends, moving in different locations everything …everything will throw a challenge for you,,, which you should learn to accept gladly without any fear or diffidence.

March 8, 2017 at 10:19 pm

True staying rooted in the present is the ideal situation taking each day at a time and making the best out of it. The analogy of the football and goalkeeper is aggressive but can work wonders as one cannot sit idle mulling if a plan fails. Instead if the individual devises a new counter strategy to effect a change in the situation and keeps trying to achieve what he or she has set out to do. Achieving success is very much possible. As even in marketing generally if you tap ten potential clients with the right mix of strategy at least two of them get converted into sales.

Being independent in new situations and meeting new people in different setups also teaches an individual how to handle human relationships better and teaches one to understand people and their behavior in a better way. As ultimately it is the experience of these meetings and encounters which count and help in decision making and increase self confidence in oneself. One will also learn to own up whatever the result if it is success then it a new path discovered in life and if it happens to be a failure that too is a new learning of what and how one should not be doing in life. Experience is the best teacher and a collection of different experiences is what makes one a experienced decision maker and a successful independent person.

March 9, 2017 at 10:11 pm

I agree with you. Self motivation is everything and we should try to challenge ourselves and change something in our lives.

I am currently challenging myself to a new hobbie in which i still have alot to learn from. I want to photograph things, i want to learn photography and try to be a good photographer. I need to learn about alot of things still and see some tutorials and check out some works shops. I still need to get a decent camera also. But i am planning on this. It is something that is calm to do.

Like people say, a picture is worth a thousand words and that is what i am planning on trying to do.

March 9, 2017 at 11:09 pm

@sarah Freitas

That is a excellent hobby chosen by you. There are many groups which have free membership on facebook for the new would be photographers. It would be a good idea for you to try and join one of these if you are not already on one of them. There members share there pictures with the name of the location, the time, the kind of camera, the kind of lens used and many other such details which is relavent for the people learning the photography. They also tell one how to adjust the brightness and how to adjust the screen for a shot at the image or scene which one is wanting to take a picture of.

I have also read and gone through sites where if ones photography is good and is bought or appreciated by many they do get paid for that. Some of the photographers also specialize in macro photography which looks totally different to the usually photos which we see. It shows life in a totally new perspective.  There are also sites where they buy and sell cameras and advice which one to take depending how new or experienced one is and for what purpose one is trying to use the pictures for. You can also plan of having a online picture gallery to build your audience. Hope this information is useful and best of luck in pursuing your hobby.