Author Posts

December 9, 2016 at 8:21 pm

1) Besides a venomous bite, a tarantula sometimes shoots barbed hairs to defend itself. Tarantula is a very huge sized spider.

2) Tuna fish cover  great distances while migrating; a tuna tagged in Mexico eventually turned up near Japan!

3) Carrots aren’t just orange colour. They come in purple, yellow, red, white and even black colour.

4) In 2004, twin robot geologists named SPIRIT and OPPORTUNITY landed on Mars to explore the surface of the planet.

5) Swans do not sing, although one species, the Whistling Swan, whistles a bit.

6) A zebra fish can repair its own heart. It is a aqua cardiologist who can repair its own heart!

7) Cotton candy is also known as ‘Fairy Floss’. Many of us would have enjoyed tasting having a Cotton candy in our childhood.

8) Blood oranges are so called as  they are orange on the outside and crimson red on the inside.

9) Brass was intimately associated with kingship in the Benin empire in Nigeria by Benin Edo people.

10) The Enduring Image is the largest travelling exhibition ever mounted by The British Museum.

December 9, 2016 at 9:29 pm

It is indeed amazing that fact about carrots having purple, yellow, red, white and black color.

Is it really true? I mean, yellow and orange is what I’ve already seen. But red or that black carrot??? Hmmm, I never saw one. 🙂

Do you have any pictures of those carrots you’ve been discussed? I got curious about it.

Maybe I will do some research about it, but can you at least upload a photo of it? Thanks. 🙂 🙂

December 9, 2016 at 9:49 pm

Good to know that you enjoyed the amazing facts please do a google check there are images of these coloured carrots which have been published. Even I wanted to check and I just saw and liked to see carrots of different colours. It is quite interesting to see the pictures in google. You too can view the pictures and do your interesting research about this. Thanks for your valuable comments. Best wishes and regards.

December 10, 2016 at 8:39 am

Lol. I did it last night.

Thanks to you. Another knowledge had been imparted to me.

And yes, carrots are of different colors. The common one is the orange color.

carrot lover

December 10, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Some very amazing facts- in fact the one on Zebra fish looks the most interesting.

December 10, 2016 at 1:49 pm

There are many thing which we are not aware of, I try and share these information with readers in Literacybase through Knowledge is Power Use It Wisely Group. Hope you enjoyed the quiz which was subsequently posted. Thanks for your feed back. Best wishes and regards.