Author Posts

November 4, 2016 at 7:55 am

What makes you happy in your life? Will it be love, honesty of your love, financial freedom, healthy body, lovely face, nice attitude, many friends, high salary, high IQ, nice business, having bright children, having beautiful wife, having handsome husband, having hired abroad, or having quitted your job peacefully, or all of the above, hehehehehe.

Try to choose which one among the choices make you happy. Actually, it is not hard to be happy. Being contented and having a better active job make our life  complete. Sad to say, there are others not easy to please in their lives.By all means, by hook or by crook do what they believe can make them rich. What is richness if soul is dark and life is miserable. hen do something illegal life is too short,therefore, the purpose to make life living in bounty would be useless.

There are those who live within their means , live too long. They are contented type and never gambled and take bad vice.

Among the above choices, I prefer love that makes me happy in my life. It is in love that I am willing to sacrifice and struggle. It is through these that I can truly achieve the meaning of life and know the reason why being here on earth.

What about you?

November 4, 2016 at 3:17 pm

Every man’s pleasure measurement is different some are happy on finding love and some are happy finding job and some are happy find new love and some are happy finding new home… but I feel pleasure when I write a sonnet or Ode finishing the ode of sonnet my pleasure overjoys.

Because I have dressed a naked image that will walk in public for comments. You can read my sonnets and odes and song clicking the link below..http://englishpoetryforum.blogspot.com/

My pleasure lies in writing and just writing for the coming and present generation.

November 5, 2016 at 4:02 am

@jhsayyar, You are unique, maybe you are an author. That is great for there are only few authors this time that like to write about sonnet and ode.  I do not have the taste to write sonnet and ode. I have read an ode: Ode To Lucasta,that was nice. I like to read, but frankly, I do not have the appetite to wrote about them.

I prefer to write poems and short stories for my own consumption. I want to express my feelings and somehow there will be other readers somewhere out there that may like my poems and stories. I am a Math, Physics and Calculus professor, but I also enroll language course for I love to write.

I may read your sonnet and ode later. I am still finding for a job here.It is so cold here and got flu yesterday. I am still not feeling well. Bye for now.

November 5, 2016 at 6:43 am

Nothing makes me happy in my life but when I reach in the lap of nature I feel pleasure and happiness spiritually and mentally because it is my mother nature that teaches me guides me if different ways but a few know this secret on earth.

While for other persons money the main source of happiness on earth but I say money is need and nothing else, but most important are men and women who are the attraction of earth and power of earth and the source of glee and gloom on earth…

I find pleasures in my kind friends

Who guide and change my trends

jh sayyar

November 5, 2016 at 8:30 am

There are many things that is making me happy and one and best thing is my family. It never fail to make me always smile and contented in my every day activity or work. They inspire me to do more, push me harder and strive hard for me and for them.

Other things that is making me happy is my passion for writing, photography, biking and running. This is my self satisfaction and my only trophy are finishing them or the output from it. Gardening also making me happy.

As I have said there are many things in this life that are making us happy. Sometimes, small things are enough for us. It depends on the satisfaction and fulfillment we got.

November 6, 2016 at 3:44 am

@superd, wow so nice friend. Our family is our inspiration and they are the reason why we can surpass obstacles in life. Our family is the primary reason why we are willing to sacrifice and the reason why we want to achieve more and reach the ladder of success.

Writing as a passion of a person makes him truly human for it is in writing where others know our feelings and thoughts of a particular topic, they too want to know and share; likewise, inspiration to those who happen to read our writing as so beneficial to them, if the contents of our writing directs to their emotion. There is also passion on the part of the reader they always want to treasure.

Yes, true there are many things in life that make us happy and sad.

November 7, 2016 at 2:48 pm

I derive happiness from helping others and seeing that I am making a positive impact in the society I live in. It could be in my family, place of work, church or even among friends. I love sharing information with others and when I see that they have been helped I derive pleasure from that.

November 8, 2016 at 5:31 am

@Studious26, Tat is very nice deeds to humanity.There is pleasure when help the needy. I always help my family financially. I donate to charity and in this other country where I am in now, I am a garden volunteer.

There are so many things we can extend  help to people . What is important is that desire makes you happy.God said, I am going to judge you according to your deeds.

November 8, 2016 at 5:40 am

@!jhsayyar, Yes true, there are many ways that make us happy. There are countless ways,like e, I am happy to have reached New Zealand. I am also happy that I am in perfect help and having God in my life. Without God, my life will be nothing.Everything that comes to my mind derives on Him  for the life and the breath that we have come from God’s breath so we can have life.

Happiness is the measurement on how you achieve successes in life; how you become somebody, how you got the talent and ability in writing. I hope to hear from you, books you authored top selling books.

By the way, you asked me to help you publish your book. All you have to do is go to a bookstore , submit to them your USB and have them edit your book .They will be the one to do then publishing for free and, should you want them to sell your books , what you will receive will be a life time royalty fee rather you be the one to find buyers of your book.Also my advise is, write only few pages books and know your target or market. I am a member in my country National Book Development Board ( NBDB).

Just believe and follow what you believe.

December 16, 2016 at 12:12 am

this is really in interesting question, why you may wonder, it’s because two years ago if i was asked this same question the answer would have been ridiculous.

it wasn’t until mid last year, when i discovered what made he happy. it wasn’t until i separated myself from my friends, shut everyone out and went underground in search of me, when i  found my answer.

you see i was always the Friend’s girl, the girl who all my friends knew i was always there for them, the girl who would drop everything for a week just to be by my friend’s side, what i never realised, it was always me giving and never getting it in return, back then i thought i was happy,truth is i wasn’t.

have you ever woken up one day and thought what happened to life? was i asleep as it moved on, well that was me. i was busy being a friend i never realised, my friends moved on without me, i never realised it much later, i was attending weddings, baby showers, birthdays but nine from my side, soon enough i was the single girl in the group of married couples, and before long i was the girl everyone tried to hook up so as to fit in. i hated that feeling.

i had to take time out of everything, regroup, start a fresh, find out for myself who i am, and that’s when i found out what makes me happy.

the answer is Me. I make me happy. i had to learn, to love myself, cater to myself, study who i am and realise all needed was me to be happy. no pressure to fit in, no pressure to get married, not stress over losing friends. I finally understood, I made me Happy and that’s all that mattered.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by  BillionaireSK.

December 16, 2016 at 6:50 am

Everyone would say that family is the number one source of their happiness and I will also say the same. Every day in my life, I woke up with my family around. I used to have them beside me. I talked to them about anything, I laugh with them, I eat with them. If that family is not around me, 100% sure that true happiness will not be exist.

Secondly, my friends can also be a substitute to my family when they’re not around. True friends makes me happy everytime they are around.

Those material things I have are just bonus.

December 16, 2016 at 8:53 am

What makes me happy mmhh yhis question has a lot to it its very wide, but in all sense to me it all boils down to attitude. Attitude is what is going to determine what kind of life you live or what kind of life you want to have. It stands in the gap for everything in life. When you want to be successful you will put in all the knowledge you have on something, you can run around read all the books you can to gain the knowledge that you need bur without attitude you are doing a lot of nothing and just wasting your time. When you learn to listen to what your being told and acting accordingly that is attitude, when you when you take time to react to certain issues and weigh whivh way to go about it you have attitude and this are just some of the things that we need to think about to be happy in life. And ehen you do this things everything else will fall into place. So choose attitude and the riches, the good wife or husband, the good jobs, and a nice house will all come to you without struggle.

December 16, 2016 at 12:52 pm

I always happy when I remember that After this sinful world, I sill have a place called heaven where I will meet and see my creator physical. This one gives me joy.
The bible say ” What profit a man who gain the whole world and loss heaven. so heaven gives me joy.
There is no much joy in money because it can finish without you being know

December 16, 2016 at 6:16 pm

@billionairesk, Very good realization,I salute you girl for you had tried to ask yourself about your strengths and weaknesses, yes, it was so much of you to spend time with friends helping them and making them back to their senses without thinking about you in return the time you were lost in yourself. Frankly, I have many friends , but never do I have best friends to be with and to go with and visit with in time of their need, NO! Why? we had almost the same experience. I was once had a best freind, a male and we fall and I realized very late he cheated me, he abused our friendship and put to waste my true feeling on him.The worst thing was, before we became lovers, just best friends, he kept on borrowing money from me until the money he borrowed almost reached to  $4,000, and never did he care to pay me ,Then one day, I learned that he was married to an accountant and they are now residents in Australia He is the manager in McDonald in Melbourne,Aussie.

I also want to share you my status as still single at age 36, and this is my decision too, not to marry though I am in a relationship with a New Zealander , fortunately, he is not a marrying type, so I told him, we can be lovers and friends.

I hate my experience falling in love to the wrong guy.Karma to him.

December 16, 2016 at 6:25 pm

@Anitah Gimase, Yes friend, I agree with you, attitude matters most to the person we want to be in life , the person we want to grow old with. No marriage to last if the person has bad attitude. His attitude maybe too jealous without basis, to sensitive without logic, too possessive without something to prove.The cause of a broken marriage is attitude of the person like his uncontrollable genes as being a polygamous.Yes men are born to be polygamous and despite having brain to calculate his actions and despite having lovely wife and cute and lovely children, still he indulges himself to swim in the valley of sins.That kind of person surely lost a family and he will grow old carrying the torture of his conscience, that is, if he has conscience.

There are so many people losing conscience this time.They forgot that conscience is the ultimate norm of morality. This kind must  not be dreamed of for marriage will never last till death do they part.

It is so true that happiness depends on us for life is what we make it.