Author Posts

July 29, 2016 at 4:47 pm

A philosopher once asked, “Do you wish people to speak well of you?  Then never speak well of yourself.” In other words—get over yourself!

In Luke 14:10, Jesus said to His followers,

“Go sit in a seat that’s not important. When the host comes to you, he may say, ‘Friend, move up here to a more important place.’ Then all the other guests will respect you.”

Paul said in Galatians 6:14, “The cross of our Lord Jesus Christ is my only reason for bragging.”

Do you feel a need for affirmation? Does your self-esteem need attention?

You don’t need to drop names or show off. You need only pause at the base of the cross and be reminded of this.

The maker of the stars would rather die for us than live without us.  And that’s a fact.

So if we need to brag—let’s brag about that! I love this God is one great friend! stay blessed.

July 29, 2016 at 6:07 pm

I can brag myself if I had proven something. Some people just brag about themselves just cover up their insecurity. If they do this, then they are just cheating themselves and other will perceived her or him as fake being in this world.

July 29, 2016 at 6:40 pm

I often see people who brag themselves at social media. Why cant they just wait for other people to appreciate them or praise them? I think just what shavkat said, these people are just covering up their insecurity. There is a verse in the Bible:”Don’t brag about yourself let others praise you.” -Proverbs 27:2

July 29, 2016 at 6:54 pm

That’s true @shavkat such people are those who suffer from self esteem issues so they have to do something that will catch the attention of most people. i actually don’t like people who brag and mostly those who do that are people who do not own anything most of the time they brag with other peoples things

July 29, 2016 at 6:57 pm

@anjee yes it is said that you should never blow your own trumpet let somebody else do it for you. Maybe there is that feeling in certain people that if i do not say anything about this or what they said or did no one will comment on it and it will go unnoticed that’s why they have to say themselves first then others follow its quite sad but true unfortunately.

July 29, 2016 at 9:21 pm

some people brag about their wealth, their knowledge but not knowing that they are just a bunch of fools.

Brag as a joke is alright but bragging infront of others for the purpose of saving pride and face isn’t a positive point.

By the way, I haven’t heard of anyone bragging about Jesus Christ yet

July 30, 2016 at 6:23 am

You hit it right @peachpurple People brag about knowledge about certain things. Unknowingly, they are just making themselves fool. Some people should change that kind of attitude. About your last statement, yes I observed that too. People are so good at bragging about themselves but they are too shy to brag about Jesus Christ our savior.

July 30, 2016 at 7:52 am

There are many who like to brag.Maybe that is their only way to get the attention of others.They feel satisfied if others know about something that favors on him and not favoring to others.This kind of attitude leads the person to be out of friends.

July 30, 2016 at 9:15 am

@cely youre right. I know lots of people who lost most of their friends because of too much bragging and narcissism. That kind of attitude is very bad.

October 25, 2016 at 6:22 pm

Yes, you say wright that most of the people brag without any cause I think those fall in inferiority complex brag to hide their personality hollowness. If we think for a moment all things are given by God how a person can brag on anything? Bragging is one of the most common problems among women more and less in man especially youth are interested in bragging due to richness. It is due to be materialistic thinking is being developed in the youth is negative thing for future generation.

October 25, 2016 at 6:35 pm

Shavkat: if you prove something is not the symbol of bragging because the traits in you mind is put by God how can we brag over it? I thinking is amoral sin we must avoid of it. If you have special traits is the gift of God we must be thankful to God for this.