Author Posts

March 3, 2017 at 6:49 pm

While the old adage that says, “you are what you eat” may be a bit exaggerated, the food, water, and other substances we consume can have profound or great  effects on physical, mental, and emotional wellness or illness. Evidence continues to increase suggesting that the food we eat have powerful effects not only physically, but psychologically as well.

Our body will tell if we are eating the nutritious foods or not.

March 6, 2017 at 12:23 pm

Yes, it is true, A person behaves and appears what he eats. This is confirmed and exact when we look at some people. It is apparent that people tend to behave rudely if they consume heavy non veg. So, selecting food items is the best option to lead a happy life

March 7, 2017 at 6:02 pm

@Manahsa,. hi! thanks for your sharing.

March 7, 2017 at 10:54 pm

I think some of the time it is all about exercise. As long as you are doing the exercise, you are going to do good. I have found that most of the junk food like pizza and burger can be definitely helping to gain weight. So the food such as that is not healthy at all. We all have to take the health seriously and focus on staying healthy over a long period of time. Not being healthy is how we lose money and time.

March 10, 2017 at 10:38 am

@mahesh, yeah exercise have a great part of how our body looks good. However, to those who do not have time doing exercises, it is better for them to look into foods that are healthy for their body.

March 19, 2017 at 10:14 pm

So true, the food produced now days is actually so unhealthy, but we normally just consume it without actually checking whats in it.

March 20, 2017 at 6:43 am

That’s right Tracy. Only few are conscious of their diets nowadays.   If one will suffer from diseases like diabetes, cancer, and other severe illnesses or obesity, that is the only time they will check on the food they are ingesting.

March 20, 2017 at 9:49 am

What we eat affects our health, there is no doubt about it. Even if we know that certain things e.g. ice cream is not good for us,  still we sometimes cannot control and eat it.

March 20, 2017 at 10:51 am

I think everything should be in moderation and we should have enough sense and self control to say no to those foods that are really bad for us.

Being a Muslim, certain foods are not permitted for us to eat and drink. Similarly when fasting we stay away from all food and drink from dawn to sunset even if we are preparing food or serving it to other family meembers who are not fasting.

So yes it can be done. It is a matter of will power and some understanding of what junk food, alcohol and other harmful things like cigarettes do to our health.

March 20, 2017 at 5:26 pm

This is so true, the adage says a lot about us beings. You are truly what you eat. Its a pity that in my country being fat is a sign of good living as in wealth. If you are skinny, it means you are not eating well, sick or mainly poor. I have been slim all my life, exercise is not really my thing, but I try my hands on eating healthy. I could drink coke for as long as I want, but all these have come to an end. Drinks are history in my household, I eat one good meal a day, start my day with oats and end with veggies. I’m grateful to have good genes. Portion control helps keep our weight in place. You must not finish your food in one sitting.

March 20, 2017 at 6:17 pm

Hi, Deepak. You said it right. We sometimes or most of the time can’t control ourselves from eating what we wanted. In return, it will affect our health.

March 20, 2017 at 7:22 pm

@dawnwriter, You know what? I really admire how dicipline you, Muslims, when it comes to food you are eating.

Self-discipline is absolutely needed.

March 20, 2017 at 9:52 pm

the problem is, we love to eat food that taste delicious, refused to eat bland or raw food.

That is why we become obese or overweight as we eat.

Veggies are naturally raw and bland. It depends on what other ingredients you added and the seasoning to make vegetable taste better.

Home cooked food is healthier, so becoming lazy to cook is a huge problem too

March 21, 2017 at 6:28 am

I agree with you, Peachpurple. Laziness is also a factor to our unhealthy body.

Sometimes, when I am lazy to cook my food, I can’t avoid buying foods outside. It’s good that some of the food courts in our place cook veggies for their customers.

March 21, 2017 at 10:03 am

I need to agree because a person who has a gout tells they are eating a lot of salty foods. Those who have diabetes means they are eating to much rice and sweet foods with full of preservatives. Those who have kidney stones have been eating salty foods as well and those who have malnutrition are people who failed to eat nutritious food, to make it worst, not eating food anymore. We are what we eat. If we want to live long, then we must eat healthy to make us last long and strong.