Author Posts

September 23, 2016 at 4:35 pm

@peachpurple  For me I don’t visit doctor directly. First I surely try those home remedies and it works for me too many time. Many time it got cure only in two days with those home remedies. But if those home remedies don’t work for me then I have no other choice and go for doctor. But I don’t prefer to go for doctor directly without trying out those home remedies. I am only talking about problems like cold. If I found something big then better to go for doctors directly.

September 23, 2016 at 9:39 pm

@ naruto100  I have been suffering from cold, cough and throat since ten days. The medicines the doctor gave me proved to be useless. The somewhat relief I have got is through home remedies only. I have been taking honey with crushed ginger juice and eating besan ka halwa at night.

November 13, 2016 at 2:32 pm

Yes, using home remedies to cure cold is good. Since I was born I have never been admitted in a hospital before for any type of sickness not to talk of cold. I prefer taking home remedies when I have cold that going to the hospital. Wellshall, my mom has every remedy to every of our sickness and knows very well the medicine that suits every sickness and this makes us take every treatment at home without going to the hospital. When it comes to cold, my mom gives us sudrex or procold and septrin. After taking this drugs, you just see yourself sweating within 5 minutes. Her drugs has never failed us unless the sickness is spiritual. If there is no available medicine to give to us, she would rub our whole body with balm and give us paracetamol. This also works like the former but slowly. I usually hear my friends say they were admitted because of cold, I will be like because your father is rich. Only rich parents rush their child to the hospital of any small sickness come upon them. I am talking about cold. But when I wake up in the night to notice that I am feeling cold. Instead of disturbing the peace of the night, I take up my heavy blanket and put it on and before morning, I must have been sweating and would be forced to remove the blanket. And by then, the cold will be gone and I won’t feel it again. Unless the cold is due to fever

November 13, 2016 at 2:44 pm

Another way my mum cures cold is by cooking a soup we call ofe oziza. If you have good and no medicine is around, she cooks ofe oziza for you to drink. After drinking, the cold surely will go off. Ofe oziza is a peper soup cooked especially during the cold weather to cure cold. It’s main sauce is peper and unless you are not a human, you must sweat while eating the soup. Sometimes, it’s made rich with meat and fish while sometimes it has nothing inside especially when it’s been cooked for the sick. And the oziza that makes up the name is highly medicinal and cures some sicknesses when eating raw without being cooked. For me, without having cold, I love to eat the ofe oziza because of it’s nice taste and aroma and the stability it causes to the body especially when it’s rich with fish and meat and others. Though tea doesn’t have any medicinal value but I think it helps to cure coldness. Coffee is another means we can use to cure coldness especially because of its medicinal value. Coffee is not just am ordinary tea though it serves as tea but it is to an extent a medicine for anyone having cold. Though I haven’t taken coffee as an option to cure cold but I think those that take it feel better after taking it especially after they are being relieved from cold. To some extent also I think smoking cigarettes cures cold though I haven’t tried it before.

November 13, 2016 at 6:54 pm

Nowadays Vicks is not a common home remedy for a common cold among the members of the family. Since there are now many substitute or similar to Vicks Vapor Rub, mothers are using the other brands. I remember when I was a kid, my late mother has always a ready supply of Vicks Vapor Rub. It is not only used for common cold. It is also effective in curing insect bites, burns, or anything which makes the skin itchy. By a simple rub to the affected area of the skin, the discomfort is get rid.

There was once an advertisement that said, “Vicks Vapor Rub” is where the mother’s love is manifested. Vicks is a byword among those mothers long time ago. I don’t know in this present time why Vicks is not among the common home ready-health assistant of the mothers. By putting a teaspoon of Vicks on the boiling water and have it the sick child smell or inhale it. By a couple of hours or so the child recovers. And I could attest it that it is true.

November 13, 2016 at 10:15 pm

I usually increase my intake of fruits such as pineapple, orange, mango just to mention a few and drinks lots of water anytime I am suffering from cold or flu.

November 14, 2016 at 2:38 am

It is very interesting and informative group for me as it deals with my most favourite subject. I am talking about my passion homeopathy.

I do prefer homemade remedies as they are very safe for our health as compared to the antibiotic medicines that can cause severe side effects. I do not consider allopathic remedies safe for our health. I do advocate homeopathy as it is a soft and gentle way of healing.

Homeopathy would be my next choice in this connection. I do prefer consulting a nearby homeopath in case home remedy does not work. I do keep some homeopathic medicines (first at homeo kit) at my home place as I do know how and when to take these medicines.

I would recommend homeopathic remedies if you need them. Just give one chance to homeopathy. I am sure you would love homeopathy for ever and ever. You will forget other systems of healing

November 15, 2016 at 8:56 pm

Eating citrus fruits are also effective in treating colds.

And of course, one of the best treatment is water therapy.

The reason why we search and use this home remedies is for practical porpuses. Aside from that, it is a natural treatment, which is less or no side effects.

November 16, 2016 at 1:47 am

Indeed, whenever i have a cold i always drink a nice hot cup of garlic tea. It works like a charm!