Author Posts

April 27, 2016 at 7:55 pm

Queens’s Docs have made a remarkable contribution to the medical world by spotting the signs of depression with eating-related issues particularly in children. Their researches have highlighted the fact that overeating tends to be a symptom of depression and on the other hand obesity in children makes them fall victims to feelings of low self-esteem, inferiority complex and loneliness which ultimately makes them depressed. Doctors in Queens, New York have also suggested strategies for identifying depression signs in overweight children and subsequent ways of dealing with such cases.

The study suggest that depression and obesity share several common symptoms like sleeping disorders, unhealthy attitudes towards eating and sedentary behaviour. Feelings of emptiness or depression among children compel them to fill up on chocolates and carbohydrates as they release chemicals which stimulate their minds and make them feel better. The surveys conducted by doctors in Queens suggest that sedentary lifestyle among children which involves watching television instead of playing in grounds and inclination of children towards playing video games indoors makes them more prone to obesity. The studies conducted by Queens’s doctors also indicate that time spent in front of television also reduces the opportunity of having contact between children and parents apart from reducing their physical activity too, which ultimate elevates depression levels among children. Obesity and depression both share the common symptom of poor sleep, which advocates an unhealthy living style among children.  

Doctors in Queens consider physical activity to be an effective depression treatment which can lend a hand in breaking the vicious cycle of depression, inactivity and weight increase. Docs of Queen’s believe that it is essential for parents to firstly deal with depression and its triggers and then workout alternatives for their obesity. These triggers might be bad grades in school or bullying or teasing done by crowd upon a child’s obesity. They are of the view that parents need to understand the root cause of their child’s bad mood, which will eventually help them motivate in fighting back with a healthier lifestyle. Doctors also suggest that parents need to avoid scolding their children during their depression state, as this will trigger them to eat more as a response for their retaliation. They advocated that encouraging a walk after dinner, outdoor games and bike rides through parks among children fosters an active lifestyle which lends a hand in fighting both depression and obesity among children. Doctors and psychiatrics in Queens have opined that criticizing children over their obesity and appearance engulfs them in the flames of inferiority complexes, thus an appropriate solution lies in transforming their bad habits into healthy ones stepping them on to new ways of living a healthy life.

Doctors in Queens are of the view that depression actually raises stress hormones in young children which ultimately leads them to obesity. Thus, obesity and depression among children go hand in hand with each other. This requires appropriate treatment and diagnosis of depression and the overeating associated with it, so that children can be prevented from the chronic outcomes of these two conditions.

May 26, 2016 at 10:03 am

@big-mom/

thanks for sharing.

You should turn this into a blog post, more people will read and share  online.

June 19, 2016 at 2:59 pm

I think the root cause of depression is due to low self-esteem. Excessive eating will be the course of action of children. Modern gadgets supplements the comfort of what children are looking for. The best thing to do is to engage these children more on physical activities.

June 19, 2016 at 4:01 pm

Very long post, yes peach is right, this  should have been submitted as a bog post.

September 16, 2016 at 10:37 am

I really could not understand how can they establish a bonding between the two. Depression is a mental activity. The Obesity is  caused by irregular sleeping or no sleeping, improper dieting, bad habits, alcohol, and bad hobbies. I can not agree with the observation made . I think they are missing something that is actually linking this to depression.

September 21, 2016 at 5:12 pm

I fully agree with you @shavkat. With even parents under the spell of Technology and a growing tendnecy to shun outdoor activities, children too are using computers and smartphones more and more, instead of physical activity and being outdoors.
In Indian cities, pollution especially Air Pollution presents a big problem, as it makes many of us to stay indoors many times, especially during months of higher pollution.

September 21, 2016 at 9:24 pm

@ptrikha15 I think I am lucky living in the mountainside of the Philippines. It is unlikely to breathe polluted air. If health is concern, people should choose to stay indoor than jeopardizing one’s health due to air pollution.