Author Posts

May 17, 2016 at 9:56 am

A sick mind affects the body and vice versa. It is therefore necessary to take mental illness as we would take any other illness. There is no point in hiding mental illness which is still considered to be something that only happens to mad people.

What steps do you take to keep your mind mentally alert and happy?

May 26, 2016 at 9:51 am

I agree with you.

My hubby and I would share our health problems with friends and relatives.

However, many of those people we know do not share their health problems.

For example, my adult niece had a weird disease. She did not disclosed it until 2 years later but her family kept mum from us.

Every 6 months she would fall sick. She had to be hospitalize in bed for several months. Whether it was just flu, cough or fever, she doesn’t recover in a week or so even with medications.

Her stamina is weak, so is her immune system.

Hence, her studies were affected including her part-time job.

Now, she is resting at home because she falls sick easily.

We still couldn’t figure out what kind of disease is that .

At least if she had informed us, we could sough online help how to treat her disease.

She thinks that it is shameful problem and does not want her friends or people around her to distant themselves from her.

That is really unfair to her and to us.

How can she be happy if she does not share with us her woes?

May 26, 2016 at 10:46 am

I remember when I was a boy scout. I was asked by my scout master to recite scout’s oath and law. In the scout’s oath, it says “mentally awake and morally straight.” As a boy scout, I should be always ready to have always presence of mind so as to avoid any accident or to get away with any danger. However, when regards to our overall personality, we should have a sound mind, a sound body. That is we free from any mental illnesses which possibly acquired from an intense problem, inherited genes, shock,among others.

May 26, 2016 at 2:40 pm

@peachpurple It will take years before one accepts mental illness as just another illness and discuss it as we would talk about having a cold.

May 29, 2016 at 7:32 pm

I agree, if you are not feeling well, how could you think? If you can’t think because your brain is tired, how can you able to perform. It works on tandem. It should be correlates to each other. They work as teamwork in order to be successful in getting your goal.

May 30, 2016 at 4:25 am

@Grecy Garcia It is just not fatigue but a sick mind could lead to other ailments. It is therefore necessary that equal importance is given to a sick mind.

September 17, 2016 at 5:54 pm

Love and understanding should be given to the mentally sick person. He/she might commit a suicide . In a family for example, the parents must talk to their children , and all siblings must assist to avoid bad occurrences.There are many possible reasons why a person is mentally sick.