Author Posts

November 27, 2016 at 1:29 pm

Every time I go to New Zealand, I never miss to do some volunteer works. Their community garden there in Auckland needs volunteers for their disability program. I saw the disables there that rely on the feeling through the income of the garden.I was there last October 24-November 11, and I been there in CCS thrice a week to help clean their vegetable garden, water the veggies and flowers. There are so many volunteers in Auckland Community Garden. Every three months is their market day.They invite the public t come and buy stuffs that are free from chemicals. The CCS plant organic vegetables and fruits.

The proceeds of their market day will go to the foods, medicine and other maintenance of the disables who are on wheel chair. It is better to give than to receive. It is also better to work for them than they to work for us. There is free snacks for the volunteers and those who like a certificate of recognition, may apply. I was give plaque of appreciation way back 2014.

The feeling is so nice if there is small thing we can offer to the community.2012-05-29 22.04.54

Me at Auckland Community Garden Volunteer

November 27, 2016 at 1:36 pm

At first, I disliked the idea to be a garden volunteer there considering the mud and the laborious works like pulling some weeds .Though I wear gloves, but my palms were painful hehehe.Then after few meetings there, I feel like gardening. I met many people or volunteers from different countries like China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia, Fiji, Thailand, Sweden, Germany, other people from Philippines, United States, South Korea, wow, what a happy feeling meeting foreigners from other land.

Until this time, I cannot believe that I reached New Zealand. I am so lucky to have found a boyfriend there hehehehe. My bf there is also a community garden volunteer and a philanthropist. He is a businessman , and despite having money from his business, but never did he miss to serve the community.

What bout you? How do you serve your community?

November 27, 2016 at 4:56 pm

I like volunteering. I had done my part a real hardcore volunteerism.I had offered my professional service for those people who are inflicted with impairments or disabilities.It took me a year to accomplish my mission in Central Asia.Now, I also participated in this kind of good deeds to our fellowmen.It is so rewarding to do volunteering. Definitely, a priceless act.

I am still looking forward to joining an international NGO.If things will be fine by next year, I will come out from my comfort zone.I am so excited to explore the world again.

November 27, 2016 at 5:14 pm

@Shavkat,  Yes, true the feeling is nice and rewarding if extend our help to the needy. Gardening for the disability requires many helping hands to accomplish a certain goal by the organizer. I wish to join here in Cagayan de Oro garden volunteer, but it seems there is none here. Our politicians here are very good in publicity without something done to the disability program.

What about in your place? Is there a community garden intended for the disability? If we only have it here, I am so sure, I would volunteer good for 1 hour only.You know our sun here is very sharp, so hot that strikes like a boiling water. That is why there are many attacked with heat stroke.

When I was in Auckland and did some volunteering works, I was give plaque of appreciation by the garden manager and certification. I also earned increase of salary in the university where I am teaching hehehehe, at least, there is something in return of my labor there.It is nice to act as volunteer there because the climate is so cool and friendly people surround.