Author Posts

August 18, 2016 at 6:23 pm

Ouch! I can’t eat my favorite chocolates now, having toothache!

Anyway, I am keeping the chocolates in the freezer, will have them after I extract my tooth!

August 18, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Green & Black, (before they were captured by Cadbury and put out of business because they didn’t use slave chocolate)  had a number of products which were so delicious they might have been illegal.

August 18, 2016 at 6:56 pm

@peachpurple  Sad that you have problem with your teeth. But once you treat them you can use any sensitive toothpaste that takes care of chocolates and other sweets. I use colgate pro senstive

August 18, 2016 at 6:58 pm

@kaylar  Have never heard of that brand. Tell us more about it.

August 18, 2016 at 7:01 pm

@Anitah Gimase  I am a chocolate foodie too and my fridge is always loaded.

August 18, 2016 at 7:21 pm

@cely  I do the same. I keep getting gifts. I will place orders for those that I like  (lol)

August 18, 2016 at 10:46 pm

Green and Black was guilt free.  Firstly, it was ‘green’ no chemicals.  Secondly, it only used Dominican Chocolate… no slavery…(most chocolate is produced by slaves in Cote d’Ivoire.)

When you bought that chocolate, the very label told you everything…dark? how dark? 70% 80%… and exactly what was in it.

Cadbury, one of the top slavery chocolate companies; M&M, Nestles, Hersey, and Cadbury, bought Green & Black then sold the Cadbury company to get out of the problem with Slave chocolate.

August 19, 2016 at 3:46 am

@kaylar  Quite interesting. You are right about cocoa plantations.

August 19, 2016 at 3:56 am

Most people don’t know that the majority of cocoa is grown by slave labour.

August 19, 2016 at 4:40 am

@kaylar  I just visited a cocoa farm here in my neighbourhood.  The owner does most of the work as labourers are not available. I felt sorry for this man.

August 19, 2016 at 5:26 am

WE grow cocoa here… used to have our own company…Highgate… it closed. It might open again.  Cocoa from the Caribbean and South America is not Slave grown.

There was a lot of publicity years ago… not on the BBC or CNN… there was a demonstration in Switzerland about the use of slaves …  esp. child slaves.  Children kidnapped from Mali and locked up in Cote d’Ivoire to do the work.

August 20, 2016 at 1:04 am

http://172.104.9.193/members/bestwriter/

thanks for your advice.

I am using Colgate in the morning, before sleeping I use paradontax or sensodyn for sensitive gums

However, my gum is receeding, so my teeth are shaking.

Hence, chocolates have to wait

August 20, 2016 at 4:26 am

@peachpurple Do you still get affected even aftere using that prosensitive toothpaste?

April 11, 2017 at 12:15 am

I love chocolates but I only get them on a special holiday. Last time I bought some gourmet chocolate was Valentine’s Day.

April 11, 2017 at 3:27 pm

There is never a day when my fridge is without chocolates.