Author Posts

June 8, 2016 at 8:53 am

@peachpurple  I do think that it is not a good idea to have personal intention in asking money to old folks. In the first place, our old folks had done their part for the matter of obligations. I hope my grannny will stay longer with us and she deserves good things in this world.

June 8, 2016 at 12:17 pm

Yesterday, I had to accompany Bryan, my grade 8 student in the morning to attend the launching program for Oplan Balik Eskwela, that is, an activity for back to school. The school principal did some reporting about the school’s accomplished projects, the rules and regulations should every student to abide with, and the parents’ responsibility to their sons and daughters and the grandparents as well as like me who serve as a guardian to my grandson. We’re through with our respective children taking care of the education needs. Now we’re back again for our grandchildren. That is how we love them.

June 8, 2016 at 12:43 pm

@peachpurple  In India too, married women stay with their husband and in-laws. So this is something we have common with Chinese culture 🙂

Yes, I mentioned that I am staying with my parents as I am divorced. And since I am the only child of my parents, so i moved in with them after the divorce.

June 9, 2016 at 10:06 am

@sunil/

the photo you had uploaded on this forum page, isn’t that your cute little grandson?

@shavkat/

you are such a good grandson to your grandmother.

If everyone is as filial as you, there won’t be any squabbles.

My sister in laws and  brother in laws who are biological children of my MIL, are always fighting over her because of $$$

Since she has $$$ in hand, they wanted to dig out all her $$$ before she kick the bucket.

This reality, not a TV show.

I do sigh and pity her but she prefers to hear their sweet talk and give her $$$ to them.

Once she doesn’t give in, they simply ignored her.

Pity old grandmother isn’t she?

June 9, 2016 at 10:12 am

@swalia/

Oops! I am very sorry to have mentioned it.

I didn’t know that you were divorced.

Very sorry.

Glad to know that India practiced the same traditional culture as Chinese do.

Yes we do stay with our hubby and in laws.

The old saying used to say that once a daughter is married, it is like throwing a bucket of water out of the house.

hence, the daughter is no longer part of the family.

Sad isn’t it?

June 9, 2016 at 10:31 am

@ peachpurple  No issues dear! 

Daughters are considered a burden in rural India. However, now parents are more aware and educated, so things are changing a bit. But female foeticide is still a big concern in some parts of the country. So are child marriages!

Indian society is evolving but still a long way to go…

June 9, 2016 at 10:31 am

@peachpurple  Okay I thought you saw this one on my FB page, by the way I have 1000s photos of this kid and all the photos of my FB page belongs to him!

20140803_102450

June 9, 2016 at 10:40 am

@sunil/

OIC

I didn’t see at your facebook and I don’t know what is your FB username either.

I just saw this cute little guy here.

Seemed that he is enjoying himself very much!

@swalia/

yes, i agreed that India is still having this traditional child marriages which is really unfair to the poor child.

Under age girl married to someone older that can be her dad or brother or uncle.

Such a shame.

Good thing that India parents are changing their mind.

Hope that child marriage will cease one day

June 9, 2016 at 10:46 am

@peachpurple  There are laws in place but there is a need to strictly enforce the laws to end such social vices. But I think just laws are not enough. Education and awareness is needed to eradicate such social evils. Another important factor is poverty. Poverty is the root cause of most of the social evils like child marriages, dowry, female foeticide etc.

June 9, 2016 at 11:19 am

@peachpurple &  @shaloo walia Sorry to say that India the only country in the world that allows Muslims their own “Personal Law” which is one of the reasons the child marriages take place in India. I dn’t understand why and how it is allowed to marry a child at a tender age when the children don’t even know the meaning of marriage. The trend is changing at a fast rate but still there. 

June 12, 2016 at 1:57 pm

It is so nice to have grandchildren at home with their grandparents as the grandparents are there all by themselves and for sure they really misses them. It is good that you have a baby in the house or kids because the house become alive with sounds of laughing, giggling and some movements. It is exciting.