Author Posts

December 2, 2017 at 9:24 pm

I understand your situation, @aniiyahjackson7. That is the natural reaction of any family member whose family is in trouble within their circle. But for me, family is a family. It starts with a love among the man and the woman. They get into a covenant by binding themselves in a marriage vow that they will be together for better and for worse. Problems just arose due to misunderstanding, pride, among others. But they are still a family of people whose home before is filled with love.

It is still in effect that blood is thicker than water once everybody will realized their own mistakes and come or get together again as a closed family which love, understanding, care and thoughtfulness are among the governming virtues or traits among the members of the family. I strongly believe that once it is patched up, the family could be together again and even forever.

December 2, 2017 at 10:04 pm

I dealt with abuse, rape and being molested in my father from both my birth father and stepdad. My mom abused me more with emotion than just attacking me. She didn’t do anything to help about what her husbands did to me and we don’t talk now that I’m going through cancer because she thinks nothing is wrong with me.

December 4, 2017 at 7:16 pm

Hello everyone.

Blood is not necessarily thicker than water.  So many things come into play when it comes to relationships period.  I believe I read where someone said it depends on how one was raised which is a great point but there are other factors as well and sometimes even when someone has been raised in a good environment this does not guarantee that they will be all good.  With any relationship, it is good to attempt to treat others as you/we would want to be treated.   Even though this may not work in some cases, it is a good startup for successful relationships.

March 26, 2018 at 6:35 pm

• You need to just have some little trouble (God forbid) for you to know who truly stands with you and who is for you. I have come to realize that people tend to show their true colors when everything is going right with them and when their friends or relatives are having trouble. As for this statement, it may work for some and not others. I guess it also depends on the kind of family you were brought up in. Morals and discipline also play a major role. But i want to believe that blood is thicker than water you need to stand up for your family no matter what but that will alos depend on what you stand up for.