Author Posts

May 13, 2016 at 8:46 pm

To be a teacher, is a noble job, not anyone Tom, Dick or Harry could perform the educational tasks well and respected.

I had encountered a few teachers who were revengeful and the other was a pervert.

However, there was a NUN, who was my Catechism teacher since I was in Primary 1 ( age 7 ) to Form 5 ( age 17)

She was my favorite teacher because she taught us with love, care and even though she knew that some of us would nodded off to sleep, she doesn’t punish us. She always give us a smile through her wrinkled face, she patted our heads lightly like a loving mom.

Her name was Sister Hycinth.

She taught us how to pray the rosary in the chapel, taught us to recite various prayers , how to draw Jesus and to remember short prayers.

There was one prayer that I remembered until now:

“Oh my God I am very sorry to have sinned against you,

because you are so good, I will not sin again,

Amen!”

Although she had left this world , she still remained in my heart as the best NUN and teacher in the whole world!

So, who was your favorite teacher?

What subject did he/she taught you?

• This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by  peachpurple.

May 13, 2016 at 10:57 pm

We used to have a really good history teacher, he was well into his 50s, full of understanding and a very competent teacher. We all loved him very much and when we were done with out schooling we also bought a present to him. He almost cry when one girl read the gift message for him.

May 13, 2016 at 11:53 pm

I think in every site I’ve been on writing, I’ve always shared about one favorite teacher that I had.  Even though I can’t draw, my Art teacher was my favorite.  Art was the first class.  She was a bubbly person that always was smiling and in a good mood.  She would always greet us with a “Good morning!”

One day one of the kids was in a bad mood and instead of replying “Good morning” back he said “what’s so good about it?”  She replied back that if you can read the paper and find that your name isn’t in the obituaries, it is a good morning!!  This has always stuck with me, that even though I think I’m having a bad day, I should be counting my blessings because there are always people out there less fortunate!

May 15, 2016 at 1:08 pm

@4cryingoutloud/

lol! your Art teacher sure is a happy go lucky person.

A humorous person sure can lighten up the mood in classroom, especially those sleepy heads and bad mood students.

My Art teacher preferred those good at drawing facial picture. Hence, I wasn’t one of her apple students. I could draw cartoons but not faces.

Yes, it is fortunate that everyday, you don’t see your love ones name in the newspaper obituaries, I wouldn’t want that to happen either.

Thanks for your share.

@rapidblue/

thanks for your share.

Glad to hear that students appreciate your History teacher. He must have taught History with his whole heart and soul to you all.

This is a well respected teacher. A poem for a teacher would be nice.

Tomorrow is Teacher’s Day, my son had drawn a picture on a handmade card for his teacher. I hope that she will remember him too.

May 15, 2016 at 2:26 pm

I have a Chemistry teacher during High school and she taught me how to be inspired with my studies. I was not doing good in Chemistry but she made it all fun and amazing. I learned Chemistry because of her and I even fell in love with the subject. She always encouraged her student to never give up in learning because this is something that will never stolen from us. She is right. She supported me and even guide me all the way until I received a scholarship from DOST, I able to survived college because of her help.

May 16, 2016 at 11:13 am

@grecy095/

you are fortunate to have such a good teacher that had guided you all the way.

She had managed to change your perspective view of this subject which happened to be my most dislike subject because I had scored 20% for the whole 3 years exam.

I just couldn’t understand the formula nor the concept of chemistry.

You really needed to have the basic knowledge and deep interest in a subject but your teacher made chem a fun subject.

My chem teacher was a boring teacher and she simply didn’t have the desire to teach us well. She just open up her book, blah blah blah while she knew some of us were not paying attention to her.

Then she closed her book and went off.

She couldn’t care less whether we understood or not because it is not her responsibility, that is what she thinks.

May 16, 2016 at 11:49 am

I think I am very blessed to have met many good teachers in my life, from kindergarten to primary school, and then high school. Though not all of them are my favorite teachers, I think most of them are good and dedicated teachers.

I actually have a few favorite teachers, but that’s one I really liked was my class teachers for my last two years in high school. He taught us Chemistry in the first year, and Additional Maths in the second year. I liked the way he taught, and he was always willing to stay back in school and answer our questions or give us extra class, without needing us to pay. Some schools or teachers here give extra class after school, but they require students to pay for a tuition fee. But, my teacher spent his after work time or school holiday to give us extra class without receiving any money from us. As a class teacher, he also sided us and protected us a lot, like his own children. Some of the student couldn’t advance to the next grade as their exam results were not good, but because of him, he said he wanted all the students to go to the next grade, and he was responsible for it. Hence, that year, all of us were going to the next grade together. All of us are grateful for him helping us to do this. It would be very sad to see our classmates not being able to move to the next grade.

May 18, 2016 at 2:41 pm

@kaka135/

I thought that even if one couldn’t pass the 40% marks, you could still go to the next level, isn’t it?

I didn’t pass my Chemistry, Biology , Additional Maths nor Physics.

I had selected the wrong medium. Science wasn’t my cup of tea.

However, I did continued to study Form 3, Form 4 and Form 5 with 20%-30% marks on those subjects.

Anyway, those subject teachers hated me for failing their subjects.

I don’t blame them because I shamed on them too.

In additional, my classmates looked down on me.

I am glad that your teachers are helpful and considerate to you and your classmates.

maybe my kebangsaan teachers are not caring as yours.

Thanks for sharing

May 18, 2016 at 9:52 pm

@peachpurple my teacher is very patient and passionate with her teachings. If she sees a student doing an effort and doing her best to learn, she will support it. She saw that in me, she told me before I graduated. She even know I will soar high because of Chemistry. I guess you really need a deeper understanding because Chemistry is easy if you will just put an effort to learn it. However, not all parts of it as Chemical ratio, equation and formulas are never easy.

May 19, 2016 at 3:02 am

@peachpurple I studied in Chinese private school, so either one of the subjects does not meet the passing score, which is 50% for us, we can’t move to the next level.

I am sorry you have such experience. I guess sometimes it’s really hard when you are not studying what you love. I thought teachers should always care for those who are leaving behind, but the reality might not be the same.

I studied in Chinese primary school, then Chinese private high school. I am not too sure about others, but I think most teachers are quite dedicated. Though some might not be good at teaching, they cared about the students.

@grecy095 Yes, I agree that sometimes if we met a very good teacher, he will definitely influence us a lot, and help us to find our path in our life. I am glad you have such a good Chemistry teacher. I have some teachers who paid more attention to those who are doing great, but I like those teachers who even helped those who are not doing good, and make them better. We even formed a study group, and helped each other.

May 19, 2016 at 6:40 pm

@kaka135 she told me that she feel I was very eager to learn and separate myself from the habits of some students, my classmates. I proved to her that I really want to learn that is why she supported me. I guess we were soulmates during that time because we always understand each other and it was easy for both of us to believe on each other. I love those days. I proved to myself that I can pushed myself to my limit and get out of my comfort zone.