Author Posts

May 17, 2016 at 10:58 pm

I have been fascinated by all the things that you can make out of pallets.  Most often you can get pallets for free.  We have been using them for a dog fence and chicken fence.  Our chicken fence we use the pallets as the fence and put chicken wire on the bottom part, so they can’t escape.

I like this picket fence ans you can use the ends for flower beds border……

Have you seen any pallet projects?

May 18, 2016 at 1:09 am

That sounds good! Making the pallets into fences sound like a very good idea.

I have always been wanting to learn woodworking, but I am not there yet. I just learned how to cut wood with hand saw, and let my children play with the smaller wooden pieces. I wanted to learn how wood carving too, but so far I have only carved a small unfinished wooden doll. I wanted to continue, but my little girl already took it and play with it. It’s just a very small wooden doll, with the shape of head and body.

I have seen one of my neighbors used the pallets to make a sandbox for the children to play inside. I think that’s a good idea, but I do not have much space in my yard, so I gave up trying it out.

Lately, another friend of mine who just learned how to do woodworking, built a small table with pallets. I think it might be a good project to start with too.

I hope I can really build something, but I will need to wait until my baby is a little older, then I can start building with my another two children. 🙂

May 20, 2016 at 6:22 am

I would love to make some things out of pallets. I have seen a bunch of projects with pallets on Pinterest which is my favorite place to look for everything. I have seen projects to make outdoor furniture that I think would be nice and much cheaper than buying it from the store. Outdoor furniture can cost almost as much as what you use for  inside your house. I like your idea of using pallets for fences for your animals.

April 17, 2017 at 8:44 am

This is a good idea. I like it a lot. Thanks for sharing.