Author Posts

June 24, 2016 at 5:21 pm

“San Juan” is a tradition among the Filipino who go to the beach to have some fun, and to celebrate this special day for Saint John the Baptist.

People do enjoy doing some fun with the beach goers or the passersby by splashing them a bucketful of water. Other have tugged themselves a hose of water to freely sprinkle water to the people who walk along the road going to the beach.

The beach is seen with the sea of people coming from the nearby places. The said place of activity is filled with people enjoying the feast with foods, drinks in the cottage table. Everyone do really enjoy. However, an accident may not be avoided. There is always a reported drowning of drunk youth or adults.

Do you have a similar activity like this?

June 24, 2016 at 5:58 pm

Actually, I haven’t seen this kind of festivity. It is nice that you had shared about this. I am quite 2 hours before seeing a beach. So I am not aware of this. Speaking of beach, I wanted to travel and have a relaxation moment in the seaside.

June 24, 2016 at 6:11 pm

If you have time, @shavkat you may read about the Philippine culture, ways and mores and you will know more about us. I don’t know if you have already across or met a Filipino. Or have you read it about our country, our people? There are a lot links or references you can find in the Internet. I am happy to tell you that our country has a lot of festivals which promote tourism for our country and in return our country is improving its economy, business, travel and tourism so to speak.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by  Gil Camporazo.

June 24, 2016 at 7:49 pm

http://172.104.9.193/members/nakitakona13/

nope, there isn’t such activity here about water splashing.

It is nice to see people splashing water at each other, even though strangers.

Must be an enjoyable event.

But gotta be careful since you mentioned about drowning

Hope that you had an enjoyable day.

Did you really joined in?

June 25, 2016 at 11:15 am

We have enjoined so much especially my children when they’re still kids. Now they’ve grown up. They’re now adults who have their own family. We just have a limited “San Juan” participation. This year we’re unable to go to the beach to enjoy this annual water festival.  My children have their own work. My grandchildren have their classes to attend. In short, everyone is unavailable. No time to enjoy in the beach for this year. We’re hoping that next year we could make it, We have to plan it out.

St. John, the Baptist festival which is a tradition among the Filipino is celebrated every 24th of June. This year’s festivity, so far, has no tragic incident happened. Before, it was reported of several drowning had happened due to drunkenness, unsecured swimming to deep sea water, cramming among the swimmers, among others. Since the beach where everyone spends their activities like family bonding, drinking spree, videoke or singalong.

June 25, 2016 at 1:05 pm

@nakitakona 13, June 24 is not a holiday in CDO, we haven’t experienced fiesta like going on in the sea, though I live near the sea. There was no coincidence in the city where I live splashing of water, so peaceful.

June 25, 2016 at 1:31 pm

We have joined so much especially my children when they’re still kids. Now they’ve grown up. They’re now adults who have their own family. We just have a limited “San Juan” participation. This year we’re unable to go to the beach to enjoy this annual water festival.  My children have their own work. My grandchildren have their classes to attend. In short, everyone is unavailable. No time to enjoy in the beach for this year. We’re hoping that next year we could make it, We have to plan it out.

St. John, the Baptist festival which is a tradition among the Filipino is celebrated every 24th of June. This year’s festivity, so far, has no tragic incident happened. Before, it was reported of several drowning had happened due to drunkenness, unsecured swimming to deep sea water, cramming among the swimmers, among others. Since the beach where everyone spends their activities like family bonding, drinking spree, videoke or singalong.