Author Posts

May 20, 2018 at 2:55 am

One day, I was so angry, that I left home, swearing not to return, till I became a big guy.
Parents, who can’t even buy me a Bike, have no rights to dream to make me an Engineer.
In my fit of anger, I didn’t even realise that I was wearing my father’s Shoes.
I even stole his wallet, which had some papers, torn as well, which my mother hadn’t seen…
While, I was rushing on foot towards the bus station, I realised some prickly pain in my foot. I also felt dampness inside the shoe.
That is when I realised the shoe had a hole underneath.
There were no buses around.
Not knowing what to do, I started to look in my Dad’s wallet. I found a loan receipt of Shs40,000, which he had taken from his office. A laptop bill (he had bought for me).
To my utter shock, also found a letter from his manager to wear a neat looking shoes, henceforth to the office.
I remembered my mother pestering him to buy a pair of new shoes, but he would convince her that his shoes would last another six months at least.
Also, found an old scooter to a new bike, Exchange offer letter in his wallet.
I instantly remembered, that when I left home, my Dad’s scooter was not there.
I started feeling weak in my legs, and felt like weeping uncontrollably!.
I ran back home with my foot paining, only to find my Dad nor the scooter there. I found him at the exchange offer place.
Looking at my Dad, my grief engulfed me.
I hugged him tightly and started crying loudly, said “Dad I don’t need the Bike”.
That is when I realised, the pain, hardship our parents go through, and the unconditional love that they give us.
We should only look to seek our needs and not our unrealistic wants.
Ridiculing parents when they are alive, and longing for them when they are not around, has no meaning..
Kindly tell this story to your children to help them identify and develop human values in them.
This is one of the best messages that I have read. Please read and share without fail.
Whoever and whatever you are today, if your parent are still alive, please appreciate them for it is a commandment from God. You can never tell all that they have been through to see you alive today!
I value parents!
May God bless all parents.

May 21, 2018 at 2:42 pm

Tis is a lo ely story that has great morals behind it. Parents are i deed a gift from our God. Many of us think its merely our right to have a parent, but its actually a previlage. We tend to take so ma y things for granted and forget how we got them in the first place.

Parents go to great lengths just to make sure that their children have a good life. They get into debt coz of their children, they get sick because of their children, they don’t look upto date because of their children, there are those who even look rugged just so that their childrwn can have a new pair of shoes or new dress. Most of the time you will find the same children shaming their parents infront of their friends or ridiculing them around their peers and thats so wrong .

It is very important to take time and appreciate your parents whether rich or poor. Acknowledge the little that they give you God knows if they had much they would give you. Like they say its only the wearer of a shoe who knows where it pinches most. So before people start saying stuff about others they should always put themselves in their shoes then they will know what to say and when to say it. I can only try to imagine what that child was going through and the emotions that ran through his mind when he found out the truth about his dad. Very sad indeed. But God being God had to use that situation to get the boy to know what he’s dad has been through.

May 21, 2018 at 2:44 pm

This is a lovely story that has great morals behind it. Parents are i deed a gift from our God. Many of us think its merely our right to have a parent, but its actually a previlage. We tend to take so ma y things for granted and forget how we got them in the first place.

Parents go to great lengths just to make sure that their children have a good life. They get into debt coz of their children, they get sick because of their children, they don’t look upto date because of their children, there are those who even look rugged just so that their childrwn can have a new pair of shoes or new dress. Most of the time you will find the same children shaming their parents infront of their friends or ridiculing them around their peers and thats so wrong .

It is very important to take time and appreciate your parents whether rich or poor. Acknowledge the little that they give you God knows if they had much they would give you. Like they say its only the wearer of a shoe who knows where it pinches most. So before people start saying stuff about others they should always put themselves in their shoes then they will know what to say and when to say it. I can only try to imagine what that child was going through and the emotions that ran through his mind when he found out the truth about his dad. Very sad indeed. But God being God had to use that situation to get the boy to know what he’s dad has been through.