Author Posts

May 30, 2016 at 12:53 pm

@ scheng1  In fact, I have been wondering about the same too. There are no advertisements on the site nor is their any kind of affiliate program. I was wondering how this site is going to make money to pay the writers but I am sure they have a proper business plan in place. Perhaps they have applied for adsense and waiting for the approval! The admin is running the site very professionally and I am sure there are more pleasant surprises ahead!

May 30, 2016 at 2:55 pm

@swalia It all depends how fast the articles are approved. I published four yesterday, which is a lot for me here. Usually I only do one or maybe two in a day, and I might go a day or two between posts as well. At the moment I have three more in the moderation queue. I’m hoping they all get approved in time!

I also noticed that when I published a bunch all together, I got paid less for several than for comparable pieces published with greater time in between. I suspect frequency of posts may be weighted, as well as post length.

May 30, 2016 at 2:59 pm

@scheng1 I wonder how they propose to pay for the current month without any ads? I do hope the site owners have a plan for this, as other sites have gone right down the tubes around the moment when the first payments should have been made. I want this site to succeed!

May 30, 2016 at 3:47 pm

Good news guys !

I had just pressed the redeem button !!!

Thought that I might not be able to make it on time.

Today is 30th May, hopefully to see payment in my paypal next month.

Feeling is great!

I am jumping on the sofa now!!

See??

[caption id="attachment_7821" align="alignnone" width="300"]drawn by peachpurple drawn by peachpurple[/caption]

June 4, 2016 at 7:12 pm

@scheng1 it was very tedious to me to write 8 articles because I feel exhausted during the night already. I failed to meet the goal. I am hoping I will able to get my payment July 10, this time. I hope the site is still there, lol. I did not noticed there is no Adsense, I wonder how the site pays us? I don’t want to scare anyone, I am just asking though.

June 4, 2016 at 7:44 pm

@ peachpurple  congrats dear! And I loved your sketch…You are too good at sketching!

@ Grecy Garcia  We all have asked this question to ourselves- How???? No adsense, no affiliate programs and no other banner ads…Let’s wait and watch!

June 4, 2016 at 8:08 pm

@peachpurple congra.  I just wonder how many of us get paid this coming 10 June?

@ruby3881 I think for the payment of this month, the amount is very small.  I doubt even 10 persons request for cashout.

I think for the next few months, they will have to get Adsense approved or get alternatives, else they will find it hard to sustain the payment.

June 4, 2016 at 9:02 pm

@ scheng1  I agree! Without the ad program, it will be very difficult to sustain the site. In fact, it’s surprising that the site isn’t using any of the alternatives yet. In fact, this question is lurking in the minds of many who are wondering about the payments.

June 5, 2016 at 11:47 am

@swalia and @scheng There had been InfoLink ads when I first started here, but they were annoying and interfered with our use of the site on occasion. I wonder if perhaps there were earning from that program, which provide a bit of a buffer while the admin are looking for a better source of revenue?

June 5, 2016 at 6:18 pm

@Kyla Matton Osborne (Ruby3881)  Infolinks is slow to earn and quite annoying too. I am sure the site mustn’t be earning well through infolinks and that’s why they have removed it. But I am surprised that no other ad placements have been introduced since.

June 5, 2016 at 7:08 pm

So we had to reach the threshold by the end of May to get payment or do we have longer since they do not pay until the 10th of June? I am almost there but if that is the case then I will have to wait a whole other month. I thought as long as we redeemed before the payout date then we could still request it. If that is the case, then I am bummed. I hope everyone gets paid and I am waiting to hear from those that requested payment already.

June 5, 2016 at 7:26 pm

@morgoodie/

If I am not wrong, as long as you redeem before the 30th of the month, you will receive your payment on the 10th of the next month.

For example, if you redeem today, 5th June, you will receive your payment on 10th July.

@swalia/

thanks for your compliment on my sketches.

Glad that you like it

June 5, 2016 at 8:12 pm

@swalia Yes, I have also heard that earning is very difficult with InfoLinks. I’ve heard mixed reviews of VigLink, and I’m really not that much up on advertising at the moment. This article lists a bunch of possible sources for ads. I wonder if any would work here?

Which 5 Ad Servers Will Make You More Money in 2016

I’m sure that getting AdSense would help. But as so many writing sites have been cut off by Google without warning, I wonder if maybe the admin want to establish the site a little better and ensure lots of quality content before they apply. I think that’s a good strategy for a site with multiple authors, especially when many are new to blogging and web writing.

June 5, 2016 at 8:35 pm

@Kyla Matton Osborne (Ruby3881)  The best among the lot is definitely adsense. But adsense has strict guidelines. I don’t think this site would have trouble in getting approved for adsense but in some countires like India, Pakistan etc., the site needs to be at least six months old before applying for adsense. I have no idea who the admin of this site is but if the site admin is one of these countries then the site has to fulfil the criteria of six months.

June 5, 2016 at 8:48 pm

@swalia This may be the reason for no ads at the moment. I believe the admin are from Asia. Someone had mentioned Pakistan, but I thought I had read somewhere on the site that the owners were from somewhere in Southeast Asia.