Author Posts

May 14, 2016 at 10:50 am

@bestwriter Actually my comment was meant as a bit of gentle teasing, Grace. You usually enjoy that sort of banter.  I guess you aren’t feeling up to it right now. Too bad, really. Usually you’re so much fun to chat with…

May 14, 2016 at 12:50 pm

@ruby3881 – Admin respects you here and so I did not want them to think I was making  a frivolous demand but they have responded to this request positively and I am pleased about it.

Go ahead and tease me but also be ready to accept brick bats from me.

May 20, 2016 at 10:27 pm

yeah, I don’t see any word count while writing a new post. I usually type in MsWord where the word count is stated at the bottom, very easy for me see my current word count.

Hope that @admin will enhance this function which is helpful for us writers.

In addition, when I copy and paste from Msword to LitreacyBase, my post ended up with  a few long sentences that overshot the page line.

It cuts off the right handside ads and category list.

Looks very awful.

Maybe @admin and @support could help me to adjust the sentences to make them appear “presentable” please?

Thanks

May 20, 2016 at 11:34 pm

@morgoodie @peachpurple That’s the reason I stopped using Microsoft Word. I used to use the word count website, then I changed to Word document, and my formatting is gone in the blog post, as we can’t preview it too. So, now I just use the note pad (without formatting), and also the word count website to check the number of words.

I hope we can preview our blog post too, so we can edit it accordingly before we submit it, it’s good to make our posts presentable. 🙂

@bestwriter I can imagine how upset you were. I am sorry that happened to you. But, I just can’t imagine with so many articles you have posted, but your account was deleted just because one of the articles was less than 400 characters. I do not remember how I counted my words when I was working with Bubblews.

@icybc Yes, I agree with you. With all the previous experience in writing sites, I think it’d be good for us to save a copy of our own writing work, though it might mean a little bit more work for us.

Anyway, it’s a good news that support is considering our feedback, and hopefully we will get the word count functionality very soon. 🙂

May 21, 2016 at 3:53 am

@ Lee Ka And that too it was my very first post on Bubblews. I used an online word counter that said I had around 440 characters. Bubblews went by reporting and whoever reported must have been a sadist (lol)  Yes I had already written 700 posts. And depending on pervert reporters resulted in Bubblews closing down.

May 21, 2016 at 12:18 pm

I have written one blog with more than 2000 words.  Now I am thinking whether to upload as one blog or to split into part 1 and 2.

May 21, 2016 at 12:42 pm

@scheng1  The more words there are the more one earns here.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by  bestwriter.

May 21, 2016 at 12:46 pm

@support Can you shorten the blog posts on display when we click on the category?  I think just 3 or 4 lines displayed will do.

No need to have the whole blog post on display.

It will allow us to see 20 blog posts at a glance, instead of just 3 or 4 blog posts.

If we want to read a particular post, we can always click on the title to read the whole thing.

May 21, 2016 at 1:02 pm

We could be receiving for a limited number of words as to how much if we do an experiment then. If not, we have no idea. This contains 30 words.

May 21, 2016 at 1:11 pm

Before it was in “My History” in your profile. Since lately LiteracyBase has been upgraded, the word count was removed to hide it from the member’s profile. What’s the reason?

May 21, 2016 at 2:22 pm

@scheng1  Good point. @support is always receptive to suggestions.

May 21, 2016 at 2:23 pm

@nakitakona13  That is not we are referring to. We are talking of having a word count while we are writing our posts A facility that will help us.

May 21, 2016 at 4:06 pm

@bestwriter, sorry for I have missed what you mean. I know it now that you are referring it to an application or program that while you are writing the number of words is automatically displayed. And you are made aware if how many words you have already encoded. I think everyone is using a Microsoft word processor. It has a built-in word count while you are typing the words. When you are done, the word count is shown at the bottom of lower left portion of the page. As shown in the screenshot below. This comment has 100 word counts.

word count 100

May 21, 2016 at 4:58 pm

Thanks @scheng1 – Good suggestion, our tech team is working on this. You may get different display for blog section. This will allow users to navigate easily. Hope to see the upgrade In a day or two.

Thanks – Support: