Author Posts

May 20, 2016 at 12:15 pm

I remember that @support had mentioned in some forum that we could use the articles and posts published elsewhere provided that they are deleted and no longer exist on the other site. I need some further clarification on this. Do we need to deindex those articles from google in case we plan to publish those posts here or we can simply delete them on the other site and use here?

@support Please clarify.

May 20, 2016 at 12:18 pm

@shaloo walia I think yes, since the rule says the post should pass copyscape test which means should not come in search results you should wait since the signs of your articles faded out. I have not done it so far but I will never take such a chance. Thanks for starting this post 

May 20, 2016 at 12:34 pm

@swalia @sunil I already have a nifty archive of new posts, so I won’t be posting any old or rewritten articles.

A few days ago I started improving my writing skills, so I will use those old articles on my own blogs but I will improve them before I do it.

May 20, 2016 at 12:57 pm

@ suny  I know the rules say that they should pass the copyscape test but I think deleted posts can get through the plagiarism tools. That’s why I seek a clarification. Let’s see what the support has to say on this. I have plenty of articles from the now dysfuntional sites and I would like to put them in good use.

May 20, 2016 at 2:13 pm

@shaloo walia As I talked to an online editor for two Indian sites I know even if you delete your post it leaves enough signs on search engines although if you click at the cache links it will give you “the page not found”. But it is a clear indication that the article was a republished one. But yes let us wait for support to clarify the matter. And if he gives the nod the site will be filled with hundreds of posts withing minutes. Why, even I have something to delete and bring them here 🙂 

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by  suny.

May 20, 2016 at 2:24 pm

yes, I remembered that @support did mentioned that as long the posts had been remove from goggle index, make sure the article is not existing anymore, we could post them here.

What I did was send the url link to remove url link at google, it takes 1-2 weeks for process.

Once it is done, you can check in your google account ” removed” link.

Then, type part of your post sentences in google and search, it you can’t find them, it is clear.

I had been posting a few recipes from bubblews which I had already removed a few months ago.

May 20, 2016 at 9:19 pm

I think I have about 200 articles previously published in Helium.  I missed Helium.  Now these articles are homeless!

May 20, 2016 at 9:34 pm

I sent an article today why I am against this practice, too bad that they decided to delay to actually publish it. It is not advisable to use the same texts, just upgrade them and you will be finer, but don’t plaster old things in here, we will sink over rich spinets and internet archives. Index is not teh only place where data are stored.

May 20, 2016 at 10:13 pm

@rapidblue/

yeah you may be right.

Maybe is it better to revamp old published post 50%?

What do you think?

@swalia/

yes maybe we should wait and see, no point guessing here and there, right?

May 20, 2016 at 10:21 pm

@peachpurple definitely revamp the first paragraph as that one goes into the rich snippets, title as well because of the same reason. The rest you can just redo in 50% as you suggested. I don’t see it will be a problem in a same degree as if you republish everything as in the previous version.

@swalia is correct we should see what a support has to say about this. I have my view about this so I will stick to my plan.

May 21, 2016 at 2:05 pm

Reposting, republishing posts or articles already circulated in the Internet as written by you may be traced and read by a plagiarism tool. There were still traces in the Google’s cache. Since you’re the author, the question is to repost or republish them, isn’t it? I have read from the answer of @support which I may quote it here: “We just had a short meeting with our SEO and Tech team, and they said if your content moves  successfully through our plagiarism test and if it does not exist any where on other websites then we will approve your post.”

May 21, 2016 at 3:58 pm

@peachpurple Thanks for explaining the process. I didn’t back up my posts on bubblews but I have the posts from some other writing sites which I want to use here.

@nakitakona13 I remember reading the same by support somewhere. So that means if once the support approves our post and publishes it, we don’t have to be worried about plagiarism. This is my understanding but still want more clarity on this.