Author Posts

June 17, 2016 at 5:04 am

@ruby3881  At the end of a blog there is an option to notify through email.

Even if tagging is done hardly anyone gets back.

The only way is , besides getting notifications through emails,  to keep checking.

June 17, 2016 at 5:31 am

@bestwriter I will not subscribe to email notifications. Nor will many others. It’s too cumbersome to navigate back and forth when I’m already on the site anyway, and it creates extra work for me.

If you want a reply from me it’s simple: tag me. I do check all my mentions and whenever a response is indicated, I give one.

Nobody here is obliged to respond to comments. In fact, some members may not be used to responding because they’ve been writing on sites where it’s discouraged. I do think it’s good to reply to comments if we can, and when I receive comments in a manner that I can easily check for new ones, I generally do reply as soon as I can.

But it’s never been a requirement. Many people will feel it’s more fitting to reciprocate the attention by visiting the profile of the person commenting, and to choose a post where one can leave a comment. Why not? This also boosts that individual’s earnings and affords an opportunity to share her writing on social media. That is much more helpful than a reply on one’s own post.

June 17, 2016 at 8:38 am

@grecy095/

I understand that you are busy sis, no offend about not replying, I understand your situation.

However, I do love your posts about your life, really interesting.

I try to reply if I get to check my latest post but for my old post, I doubt I would check on them.

So, that is why, I had mentioned it would be better to have a notification here that a new reply came in.

@bestwriter/

nope, sorting emails into different folder? There are 100 notifications daily here and my inbox will be fulled in a week! In addition to the junk mails and spammy mails and survey mails….

Any other options besides email?

June 17, 2016 at 9:20 am

@peachpurple  – If you spend a little time and block those you are not interested that too could help somewhat.   Google sends such mail to the spam folder  Google also sends notifications I receive from FB to another folder, on its own.

June 17, 2016 at 9:39 am

@ bestwriter of course, the blogger should reply back. But we don’t get  notifications for blog comments here. So unless we go back and check our posts, we don’t come to know if someone has left comment on the post. This is one of the reasons many times bloggers don’t reply to the comments.

June 17, 2016 at 10:34 am

@shaloo walia I do that. I go and check my posts periodically and I get pleasant surprises. I also go to the ‘blog’ section and comment where I can.

June 17, 2016 at 7:29 pm

@peachpurple thanks for understanding sis. It is still good to reply on the comment you received to your blog because it only means you appreciate the people who drop by and even presented themselves with their comments. That is good sis.

June 17, 2016 at 8:04 pm

I try but at times with all the other writing that I am doing I simply cannot think of a reply to give and after a few days I figure that it is too late to write anything.

June 18, 2016 at 7:27 am

@Mark Graham

I understand it is difficult but adding a reply I suppose makes one who puts a comment that their comment is acknowledged.

June 18, 2016 at 9:44 am

@peachpurple, Sometimes I cannot reply a comment / notifications because when I am to open them, they just disappear. I noticed this 3 times already.Maybe there are glitches here.

June 18, 2016 at 9:46 am

@shaloo walia, That is true, there is no notification in our published blog. I thought before that there is notification in our published post. We really have to go back and know if we have commenters.

June 18, 2016 at 11:41 am

@markyg I don’t think it’s ever too late to reply. Sometimes we don’t see comments when they post, but I think most people understand this. Also, if a person has left a thoughtful reply it shouldn’t be too hard to come up with a brief response.

It depends greatly on the quality of the comment, and so all of us should endeavour to leave comments that suggest the reply 🙂

June 18, 2016 at 12:09 pm

@lovern/

that is what I am referring to.

we don’t see the comments notifications at all.
Unless we have to go back to EACH and EVERY posts and check them out.

I do check only for yesterday’s post, I replied but earlier than that, nope unless I happened to stumble on them.

@ruby3881/

yup you are right my dear. It is never too late to reply to other writers comments even thought I had replied after a month !!

@markyg/

yup, with other sites to keep up with, sometimes, you just might totally forget about the comments left in your posts here, I had this problem too