Author Posts

October 26, 2016 at 8:56 pm

I don’t know about anyone else on this site but I despise anyone who likes to steal articles from other sites and pass them off as their own. I don’t care if the article belongs to you and you post it here it’s still considered plagiarism if it’s still on the original site.

I came across an article here on LB about women’s health. Never mind that it made me upset to read it because no man should tell a woman how to think or feel about her own body. What caught me eye on this particular article is at the bottom it told me I could read more of their articles about that subject. So I went to look for it here on LB. It’s not here. I did a check on it using my plagiarism checker. This particular article has been written on another site once before and about four more times after being published here on LB.

Now I’m curious to know if the rest of the articles written by this author are genuine or not. I am most certain every single article they wrote here on LB is plagiarized. You would think LB would take the time to check for plagiarism while the article is on hold waiting to be published.

When I searched the Terms & Conditions of this site (LB) I found this little statement:  Stolen material such as trademark, logo, slogan, information (text, graph, charts, pictures, etc.), rights of anyone, etc. from anywhere.

Well, maybe the @support staff needs to make this clearer and simply state that any plagiarism of any kind is not wanted here and actually do something about it.

As for forums go, a person shouldn’t post an entire article and try to pass it off as their own comment. After all, the forum sections are basically similar to a chat room where people discuss things back and forth with each other. If you want to share some important information about something while in forums then just post the link to the site where you are getting your information from.

I guess my expectations are too high for writing sites and maybe I am the only one that thinks the way I do. I don’t like cheaters who try to cheat the system in any way. Plagiarism is cheating. It cheats the site and the honest people who write their own articles.

I don’t think I could stay a member to a site that allows this happen.

October 26, 2016 at 10:02 pm

EvilElf: you are saying right and hundred per cent true, most of the peoples on different sites of internet are copying using software changing a bit and publish the article online. It is a very serious condition for the site owner and for the readers. 

Every person must discourage the cheaters on internet because they snatch the original writers’ right by hook or by crook. I am very happy the Support Team takes time to check the articles and then publishes the articles in time to save the original writer’s rights.

As my colleague writer mentions the cheater writer  who stole the article from other site and published it with his own name is a moral crime you agree with me or not but I call it a moral crime against the society.

October 26, 2016 at 10:37 pm

@jhsayyar That’s the thing, you would think that the support here is looking for people doing this but in reality they are not. I have found almost 10 articles here on this site that is plagiarized by the same so-called writer. I think if they are going to approve the articles on the site then this should be the #1 thing to look for.

It is a moral crime and they can even be charged legally depending on the country. This is something that should be taken seriously. It can cause problems with ad companies as well. I know Google doesn’t want to pay a site that is full of plagiarized articles.

October 26, 2016 at 11:28 pm

Thanks @evilelf – For letting us know. We have received your query. We are working on this.

You have asked many questions in this forum thread. Let us answer One by One.

1. We don’t allow Plagiarized content on Literacybase. This is Clear rule for all of us. As you can ask users here. Because many users have rejected articles due to some sort of plagiarism . We daily filter duplicate or plagiarized articles and notify users.
  2. Sometimes articles passed the plagiarized content or already posted content because it was not listed by search engines quickly. Sometimes Plagiarism database is not updated that quickly.
  3. There is a difference between Plagiarised content or Duplicate content. As per the definition “the practice of taking someone else’s work or ideas and passing them off as one’s own.” is known as plagiarism. If the content is posted by the same user is considered as duplicate content. So, no legal action as the copyright owner is the user himself/herself. But we strictly do not allow duplicate content as well. There are several examples here, where people removed content from other websites and wanted to published at literacybase but did not passed the test. Since it was still listed by search engines.
  4. Duplicate content is rated negatively by search engines and can causes penalty. So, we don’t allow this practice.
  5. The case you are referring is the special case and now we know why this has passed the test from different checking softwares. But we can’t reveal the reason.
  6. As clearly mentioned, we will ban any user who found guilty of plagiarism and practicing content duplication.
  7. Final word – This is a user content generated website which is highly monitored, if people find any content which is violating one’s copyright laws then they can contact us with proofs and we are more than happy to delete that content and ban that user.

Hope these answers will help our users to understand our stand.

October 27, 2016 at 12:02 am

Thank you @support for being quick on this action. I am actually coming to love this site more and more every day and would hate to see something bad happen to it. I am glad the support team is keeping an eye on the site and takes time to listen to us users.

All users here need to pull together and make sure this doesn’t happen again in the future and to keep this site free from spam and all bad users. It is never wise to try and cheat the system because it always has a way of backfiring on someone.

October 27, 2016 at 1:15 pm

It makes me so angry when I read plagiarised posts on any website. It’s theft and nothing else. And the grand ship of Bubblews sank because the admins did nothing to check plagiarists and scammers. I am glad that now site admins are taking this issue very seriously.

As members we too should be vigilant and report any stuff that looks dodgy.

October 27, 2016 at 2:29 pm

Well, I want to comment on your final statement that you think you could stay on this site if plagiarized articles are allowed here. You have the right and the freedom to leave anytime. Haven’t you? Who is going to be at a loss? Are those who are doing or copying others posts and submitted them here as their own and be paid taken into seriously by the @support? This sounds ridiculous for me. You are not violating any terms here but you are affected because of that. That’s your own problem.

For us we are here to earn a penny and not that we are after for those who violated the terms and conditions of LB. We have in any reason to report those kind of members. In fact, before you joined here, we had already reported numerous plagiarists and they’d been removed by the admin for we’ve PM him or her together with the link of the original post and the plagiarized work for comparison. The @admin and the @support are doing their work. I think you have already reported the matter to them. It is better to PM them than to discuss it here for there were already many instances of plagiarized works being posted here.

Again I would like to repeat. You are free to leave this site anytime you want if you could bear or sustain those copy-paste articles. Do I sound unethical but it is true?

October 27, 2016 at 5:53 pm

We must all discourage plagiarism at all forum because it is stealing and theft as you mention ,ore than this the site owners must take actions against the plagiarists so that this business could be blocked anon.

October 27, 2016 at 5:59 pm

To make Literacy Base site most original we all must have to take action against plagiarism supporting the admins about the plagiarism. We write original articles and plagiarists cheat the article and print the article with his own name. On the other hand, plagiarists must also think that it is not good for your mentality because plagiarists do the job against the conscious and against the law of nature.

October 27, 2016 at 6:45 pm

Using points from an article is ok, but passing as one’s own is not acceptable. However, one of my articles of Wikinut, which I wrote here was rejected by LB.
So, I rewrote that completely.

October 27, 2016 at 8:01 pm

Not every one really plagiarize articles and post.  Someone might post something right from his brain and it matches  with something from the site.

But I think plagiarizing is just a lack of creativity. If actually  one has the ability to write on his own he wouldn’t have the idea of copying from another site.

I really think plagiarizing is similar to spamming especially in sites like LiteracyBase.

When I came to this site earlier I was used to copying from other sites not knowing fully well of the rules guiding the site. When I was sent messages from the support and my score was deducted drastically, I was pushed to know how to be solely dependent on writing from my head.

I now realize that writing from my opinion is the best. Is better than copying from other sites, at least it saves you time and strength.

Plagiarizing is never the best way. Being creative is the best and I love this site for detecting the plagiarizers and punishing them accordingly like I was punished.

Nice post my dear  

October 28, 2016 at 3:06 am

@nakitakona13 You sound very negative in your comment that you left above. I don’t know you and you certainly don’t know me. You also do not know what I have done in private so it’s best you don’t assume that you know everything. It will only leave you looking like an ass. You do realize that once a site allows plagiarist to come in and take over it only takes a few of them to destroy the site. Not only that, but it takes just a few reviews from user to mark a site like this negative in all of the internet land.  If Google finds out or any other ads revenue site then they are more likely to pull their ads off of the site and ban it completely. Just as it did with Bubblews. Since you like to give out advice, I suggest you keep it to yourself because no one likes being told what to do. Especially with the tone that you are using. I am not a child and will not be treated like one. As for what happened before I got here has no concern for me. What concerns me is the present.

@PEEUSH TRIKHA I believe there is a certain percentage that can be used when it comes to points from another article. It is never okay to copy the exact article and article name and try to pass it off as your own. Also when dealing with an article that has been posted on a previous site, it is always good to make sure it has been deleted from that site and is no longer indexed by Google. I am glad @support does what they do when approving articles. Sometimes an article will slip by but it’s not their fault.

Ezenwa udochukwu it is always a good idea to read the rules of any site when you first join and ask any questions you may have before starting. Everything is always better if written from your own brain and not that from some other person. I once saw a lady write an article about her female problems only to have a man come behind her and steal the article from her. He posted it as his own. So you can imagine how it made him look when he was talking about his monthly problem.

jhsayyar I was told by another user : “not that we are after for those who violated the terms and conditions of LB”. I wasn’t out looking for violators. I happen to read an article that sounded strange to me so all I did was a Google search and sure enough plenty of articles with the same name popped up. I clicked on a few links and there was all word for word the same article. It was even funnier when the same user told me I should just put up with what was posted. As if he approves of what was going on. I guess he doesn’t really understand what can happen if a site is found to harbor these types of articles. No ads. No money. No payment to writers. Support can’t do everything on their own. They need help from us on occasion.