Author Posts

April 1, 2017 at 1:10 pm

Hello friends.

As you all know, many a times its difficult to keep track of our Blogs and in forum discussion, as some times we forgot to check mark on “receive notifications of comments option” or “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” other reasons.

I figured out and seen many old members here out @ before the members name so that it will receive mention of that person and it can respond easily. So i changed my name which you all can see as happsingh here which is identical to my username here @happsingh. How about we all change our displayed name to our username, it will surely help us to get notified easily and we can reach the specific forum quite early, hope you understood my point friends. I think it will surely help us.

April 1, 2017 at 3:41 pm

I recently discovered that all my notices here were sent to my email ad. I did not know it, so the next time I log in to this site, I also log in to my email, that way I know who I haven’t answered yet.

But sometimes, due to human factor, I still miss some.

Nice suggestion.

April 1, 2017 at 4:46 pm

@happsingh . Are you this friend Harpreet Singh? Maybe the Mylotters here can recognize you and I am so sure they already recognized you hehehe. Better show your face,LOL.

April 1, 2017 at 11:11 pm

Yes @cely – he is the same person as the one on myLot and the member you know.

April 1, 2017 at 11:13 pm

I tried the @ I do not see usernames?

April 2, 2017 at 8:48 am

@simplym that’s what i figured out. As you have put your name here as Michelle and username as  @simplym why not you change your name to simplym, it will facilitate others to mention you and whenever you being mentioned you will have a notification so it well help you in getting yourself updated here and you can reach more audience 

April 2, 2017 at 8:58 am

@happsingh So everytime we have to know the persons username to tag? Our username should be displayed underneath to make it more convenient?

April 2, 2017 at 11:28 am

I think LB being WordPress site, it does not have the username tagging feature for the forums. I know it can be a good feature. But simply using @ symbol. And then using the name of the user can definitely help too. I think you can use it as long as you can get the name of the user right there. I have tried it and it works for me. But often it’s better to use the username without having to call for the @ symbol. That way it doesn’t sound too formal. Atleast that is what I think.

April 3, 2017 at 3:21 pm

@skysnap I know but if you add @ with username it is known as mention and will show in your feed as mention and you will be notified for sure.