Author Posts

May 20, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Infolinks keeps popping up and disturbing me (lol).  What do I do with it. Are we required to click on it?  Has anyone done that?

May 20, 2016 at 3:06 pm

yes, I had seen that irritating ads popping out at the bottom of the page, every page!

I just click X on the right hand side corner and it will disappear.

Right now, the ads aren’t pooping anymore.

Maybe your question had been answered.

May 20, 2016 at 4:07 pm

@peachpurple  (lol). I will just see if kindness has been shown to me as well.

May 20, 2016 at 4:40 pm

Bottom banner is there to provide earnings so I wood not call it actually annoying. I believe it has a limited frequency per user per day.

I have no problem with a few adverts here and there, even pop ups and sliders. If a page pays us then we have to bare adverts as well, otherwise we can just ask them to take it all off so we can write FREE.

LOL hehehehehe

May 20, 2016 at 7:22 pm

@Rapid Blue

All users here know that a site survive on Ads. This pop up  Ad blocks our activity . There are other Ads and all of them are welcome.

May 20, 2016 at 7:30 pm

I just close the ad and then it may pop up one more time, but then after I close that one it goes away until the next time I visit the site. I do not think that it blocks our activity since I will just scroll to get to the part that I need to and since it is easy to close I do not mind it anymore. It was annoying at first but now I am used to it.

May 20, 2016 at 7:35 pm

@bestwriter how can it block your activity if slides are number limited and it only covers the bottom of a page. I just press X if I want a  bigger screen.

@morgoodie maybe it covers too much in case of a mobile device?

May 21, 2016 at 2:39 pm

I just find it strange that they are not using Adsense together with Infolink.

Infolink is a very different advertising method from Adsense, and they are allowed to use together.

May 21, 2016 at 3:07 pm

@scheng1  For me it is just an Ad that comes in my way  (lol)

May 21, 2016 at 3:35 pm

@bestwriter Infolinks is an ad revenue program just like google adsense. I know it’s quite annoying but this is how any site generates revenue by using any ad program. So even if it’s annoying, we should remember that this is how the site is going to pay the writers working here.

Simply click on the cross sign and the ad would disappear.

May 21, 2016 at 4:47 pm

Infolinks is a popping-up ads and it seems irritating, but if possible we shouldn’t be reacting that way. It is one of the ads of Literacy Base to get revenue if we click it. In so doing, we contribute or help LiteracyBase in that way. As its title ads says, there are a lot of keywords in the post we have had and they are links, meaning they are underlined. Have notice that? If we click those, it is recorded in the account of LiteracyBase. That is how I understand. And I have not heard or known that once it is being clicked it is a violation, unlike the AdSense. In AdSense you cannot click your own ads displayed in your site or blog.

See the screenshot (it is NOT the LiteracyBase weekly report). It is only a sample report.

Infolinks report

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by  Gil Camporazo.

May 21, 2016 at 5:09 pm

Yes, the pop up really is frustrating, and I don’t click on it or any add without knowing for sure what is the benefits or the advantages of doing so. There are people who used pop up blocker on their browsers because of these annoying adds. It takes your focus away and you have to try to work around it.

I believe though, with LB, it is one way the site is making money from in order to have funds to pay its users. Thus, I just leave it alone, and when I had enough, I just get out.

May 21, 2016 at 5:38 pm

I usually leave it there, but when I find it disturbing me from reading some contents, then I will just close it. Unless I am interested in the ad, otherwise I do not click on it, though I know it might be better to generate ad revenue for the site.

@scheng1 I am not sure why LiteracyBase prefers to use infolinks, but not together with Adsense. I have read that it takes longer time to get approval from Adsense, especially when the site is still  new. So, perhaps LiteracyBase needs to take some time in order to get the approval. At the moment, perhaps infolinks is the better choice to generate ad revenue.