Author Posts

May 8, 2016 at 4:44 am

I understand that there is a 300 word count minimum requirement for posts.

So that is true and I realize that. I have not been able to locate the button or tab that lets you open up a pending post that has been said to have under a 300 word count and would like to know the process by which I can easily get at the post to add more to it to make it acceptable for posting live.

Also, I looked around for the word count confirmation somewhere on the page and don’t see it.

May 8, 2016 at 5:08 am

@lookat

Just to let you know, I am looking for that button too!

Once your post is published, you cannot edit it, if I am not wrong.

In addition, if your post in under “Awaiting for Approval ” or under “Offline” which is save draft mode, you cannot edit or publish it either.

I had tried both yesterday but couldn’t get into the edit mode.

I don’t find any button to edit the post either.

I will ask support and see how it works out.

Will keep you updated

May 8, 2016 at 12:33 pm

According to Support, editing is disabled for newbies. It only goes to a higher rank. That is why before submitting my draft, I copy and paste it on MS word and check the number of words I had done. I get used to doing it to my blog posts on my other blogging site that are why. I am very strict to a number of words. I also do edit before submission. Editing happens on the page where I write my post since automatically Grammarly will able to check my grammar all in all.

May 9, 2016 at 9:41 am

Does that mean that if we did not finish a post, we cannot get into it to finish it also? I had started to create a post and I could not finish it so I saved the draft. Now, when I go to my dashboard and see my draft I have no way of getting back into it. It will not let me click on it and the status shows offline. I hope I can get into finish it. If not I guess I will just have to start another one until I can figure out how to finish the first one.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

May 9, 2016 at 6:25 pm

Thanks for your answer. I will be looking for your update on this matter and again, thank you.

May 9, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Thank you for this information. I will try to adjust to the new format here. I have MS Word and I think that it either counts words or characters. I think it counts words to the best of my knowledge and I am familiar with Gramarly. or is this Grammarly with two m’s ?

May 9, 2016 at 6:56 pm

I have just started using Grammarly and it is great, although the paid version gives you better help, but I cannot afford to pay for anything like that right now. My big problem is using commas in my writing. I have always had this problem and do not see a change in the future. Maybe one day, I will make enough money that I can pay for the upgraded version to help me even more with my writing. This site does take some getting used to and I still have a lot to learn on it.

May 9, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Yes, I have a tendency to write in passive voice and Grammarly is a good site if you can afford to get the paid version and get the most out of it. I wish you good luck in your writing and getting to know the basic fundamentals of this site.

May 9, 2016 at 7:05 pm

I need to learn more about using Grammarly. I know I have a tendency to write in passive voice and I understand active voice is more popular. I also do not do as well as I should in my grammar but still I do better when I practice sentence structure and not create so many compound sentences.

May 9, 2016 at 7:08 pm

I think commas are followed by a single space in a compound sentence,  such as this one,  where I often add more to the sentence,  but then,  it can be tiresome for the reader. So the other way to do things is to break a long sentence down into a few short sentences. This is good practice but,  it is a hard thing to learn when having a habit of using more commas,  thus writing long and extended sentences instead of,  of course, simple sentence structure.

May 9, 2016 at 7:15 pm

@lookat As grecy mentioned, editing is disabled for newbies, but if you really want to edit your published posts, you can still send private message to support, and he/she will help you to make the amendments. I just sent him a request to edit my published post, and it’s amended. 🙂

@peachpurple I have just tried just now, I can’t even submit the post I saved in draft. There is no way I can do with the draft, so I have to create another post, and submit it, and now it’s awaiting for approval. So, I think at the moment, we just have to follow like how grecy does, calcualte thw words, make necessary review before we submit it.

@morgoodie I guess we just have to create another one, as I mentioned to peachpurple above.

I am not familiar with Grammarly. I will surely check it out soon. Thank you for mentioning that. By the way, I am using online word count tool to count my words as I do not save the posts in Word document. I am currently using this: https://wordcounter.net/

May 9, 2016 at 7:44 pm

@LeeKa  Thanks for the update on that. Why bother having the save draft feature if you cannot finish what you saved? That is frustrating. Thanks for the website to use to count our words in our posts. I have saved it and will be using this a lot. I do not have Word on my laptop which I use all the time so this will come in handy. I guess after I am done in the forums, I will have to start another post. They should change this so that we can save our posts until a later time when we can finish them. Oh well, what is one to do about it? Just go with the flow. LOL

May 10, 2016 at 9:53 am

wordcounter.net sounds interesting. I will check this out. By the way I managed to update both posts to the level where the word count was acceptable. Thank you for your followup.

May 10, 2016 at 9:54 am

I know I was used to counting character minimums in the past. Now I can actually write full length articles as the 300 word count is comparable to articles in newspapers and popular magazines.

May 11, 2016 at 2:41 am

@anthony  I am glad that you were able to fix your posts so they were over 300 words. There are so many different things to learn here, but I have found lots of help from everyone. I used wordcounter.net on my first blog post and it is great. There is more to it than just word count too which is nice to have some other options. I am not sure if they are all free however. I still have some exploring to do.