Author Posts

May 21, 2016 at 10:15 pm

@ Rapid Blue You are good in writing lengthy posts. I have been writing posts between 300-350 words too.

@nakitakona13 I don’t think there is a problem in discussing earnings or pay rates. It has been a common topic here and so far support hasn’t said anything. Since the support is quite proactive, I am sure we would have been warned if talking about pay rates or earnings was not allowed.

May 21, 2016 at 10:35 pm

@swalia yes I do like to write a lot and from my point of the view there is no need to dissect the present situation of the webpage any further, I already poked and frisked everything there is, I think I can say a page owner’s intent is ok.

May 21, 2016 at 10:55 pm

@Rapid Blue This is an assurance for everyone who are still doubting the site. As for me, I was willing to give this site a chance from the start because I liked the pleasant interface of the site and the community which is mostly of the members I know from another writing sites. The proactive support is another reason to trust the site.

May 21, 2016 at 11:10 pm

@Rapid Blue I am sure @support is reading every post from the beginning (and admin too) so if there was anything objectionable he/she would have either closed the post for further discussion or let us know us about our discussion limits

@shaloo walia well said, I was feeling the same in this particular matter so I don’t know why our mutual friend @nakatikona is so much worried about this point. In fact support has announced everything (almost everything) in detail themselves.

May 21, 2016 at 11:39 pm

@sunil @swalia aw, I have no doubts that they read everything, everywhere. If they managed to stoically take that featherly plucking on my personal blog where I disclosed everything but the dude drawer’s color, and that was almost … I am pretty sure we are all safe to assume we are dealing with the mentally stable adult with a plan.

For the sake of the discussion and that you don’t take me all wrong; I’m gonna hawk and hover no matter what.

As I can see by my own experience, and other people’s experience – there was yet another mad writer today who got spanked over nothing – many web page owners will do things that are neither logical nor useful.

It’s better to see and know, what other people think and how they see you, because you can fix your business if the fact is worth the trouble. Like with any business it is better to get some constructive things right in an open with no judging and ego, and you will do much better than doing right the opposite, scratch and bite whoever has something to say and it just doesn’t fill up your glass with honey.

Personally I don’t want to work and write in a tense environment, under pressure, beyond scope of logic and deal with the fakers, fraudsters, lairs and people of the tentative psycho.  If a music is not right to my taste I leave.

This is my hobby, I expect to feel good about doing it. Not getting another pair of horns every second day.

May 22, 2016 at 1:32 am

@nakitakona13 I think it’s good that you brought up the concern too, so it makes us clearer to know whether we are okay to discuss the rates here. I think it’s always good to ask, and find out more, I guess that’s why the discussions are here. 🙂
I have seen support voted up a comment by scheng1, so I think discussing on this topic should be fine. 🙂

I have not really submitted many posts, but usually posts over 500+ words (500-700), and that’s 22 cents. The only post I wrote which is about 1400 words is 35 cents. I am not so sure about the rest, I am always trying to write more than 500 words, as it allows me to earn slightly more, and also it’s a little challenge for myself.

I guess we have a clearer picture on the pay rate per posts now, but waiting for @scheng1 to find out her long articles, then we will get to know more. 🙂

May 22, 2016 at 6:56 am

@kaka135 Since a 300 words post gets you 15 cents, and 1400 words only get you 35 cents, it does not make sense to publish lengthy post.

you can easily top up another 100 words to the 1400 words, and then split into 5 posts of 300 words each, that will net you 75 cents compared to 35 cents that you are getting for a single post.

May 22, 2016 at 7:09 am

@scheng1 You are right. But sometimes I think some posts are hardly to be broken into a few parts, that’s why I came up with the 1400 word post. I rarely wrote such a long post. 😛

I am not sure about this, as I am just started to learn how to blog “properly”. I usually just write about my thoughts and personal life like how I do in mylot, more casually. It’s a good opportunity for me to learn how to blog “smartly” and good for SEO too.

I am sure I will learn a lot from you and other professional writers here. 🙂

May 22, 2016 at 7:14 am

@kaka135 My posts for past few years are not written with seo in mind.

Only those written for Triond, Associated Content and Helium had excellent seo elements.

May 22, 2016 at 1:29 pm

@scheng1 I agree with 300 words limit, but how many days you will have to wait till your 5 posts get published?

@kaka135 yes, you can’t ‘break’ apart a single post, those pieces have to be the separate units.

@scheng1 Triond, Helium and Associated Content are dead pages, they can’t be used as a reference for anything. I am sure that SEO stands for something, but at my knowledge anything beyond basics of SEO is absolutely irrelevant for the success of the post.

You can’t estimate what posts will get more traffic, sometimes even the best articles end up with none. But, in my opinion , this is not a reason to abandon the quality measurements and I think it would be a good thing t find a balance between content that will go viral and that with the higher quality.

Everything is in balance.