Author Posts

May 8, 2016 at 12:38 pm

A lot of useful information above this comment. Wow, you are really working hard on this one. I am not into sharing some of my works as up to date I haven’t blogging a very useful content to share. I only have one blog that is why I can’t share that for now, however, maybe later, i’ll think about it.

May 8, 2016 at 1:08 pm

@sunil Thank you for guiding me about the sharing. I really need to check it out. I haven’t really share much yet, I am still figuring out how to do and learning more about the social media sites. At the moment, I have only set up Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest, as I already have these accounts.

@grecy095 I actually started to learn about sharing in social media sites from BlogJob, I found it something interesting to learn, though it might require more work, as I have to create an image or two for each post so that I can share them nicely in those social media sites.

I think the blog post you published in LiteracyBase is good to share with others, as it helps others understand the site better. Also, I think it’s good that you share that one post now, then your readers in social media sites will have time to read more.

Moreover, we can also share posts from others, but added with your referral code, so you will earn from the referring visitors as well.

May 8, 2016 at 1:51 pm

@Lee Ka  I have 7 or 8  blog posts so far on this site. My 4 or maybe 5 posts earned me well (comparatively) but the last three did not bring a single visitor despite my best sharing effort. Therefore, it it disappointed me at this front too. I would rather stay away from from blogging and sharing if that is the case.

May 8, 2016 at 1:54 pm

I am not confident with my review but I will think about it within the day. I am not sure if I edited that one and I know the Support has a comment about that about points so I think I will need to do another blog that I will able to share.

May 8, 2016 at 11:50 pm

@sunil Good that you have written so many blog posts. I am thinking it might take some time to get more referring visitors. We have get the confirmation by support that we can add our LB referral link in our blog posts, so it might help us to get referring signups which will be good for us too. I am trying to write more posts, share them and hopefully I will get some referrals and not only referring visitors. I am always not good at getting referrals, but I guess the referral commission on this site is pretty attractive.

@grecy095 Just do it when you are feeling comfortable with it. Do not push yourself too hard, sissy. 🙂

May 9, 2016 at 2:06 am

@support Once again, thanks for responding quickly and explaining the root of the problem with the embedding of the referral links! Is there a browser setting that we can customize to overcome the issue?

For example, I am using a Google Chrome browser on a Win7 machine. Can I customize something on my browser in order for the embedding to work properly?

Thanks in advance!

@lovem There are many reasons why a link shared to Twitter might not be bringing in any visitor referrals. First, it may be that the referral code didn’t embed itself (see above comments from support.) In that case, what I do is add it and then use a link shortener like Bit.ly or Goo.gl so the link doesn’t take up too much real estate in the Tweet.

If your referral code is included in the URL, other reasons for poor clickthrough are numerous. Think of: your following on Twitter, time of Tweet, use of appropriate tags, and most especially the wording of the Tweet itself. Be sure the Tweet gives your followers some kind of idea what the post is about. Many of the post titles I see here and on other social writing sites are really vague and not at all discoverable. If you want people to click your link, be sure you’re giving them a reason for it!

May 9, 2016 at 2:24 am

@ruby3881 I also did not know the usage of using the link shortener. So it is actually to save up the characters being used in Twitter? Then I think I should look into it. Thanks again for your sharing.
Now I guess I will just share my posts manually.

May 9, 2016 at 3:29 am

@kaka135 I use it to shorten links for a lot of reasons. If you have a Google account, the Goo.gl shortener is included in the resources they offer. I also use a form they have for making customized links, so I can track where people are clicking through from. This is something I’ve just learned to do recently, and I’m hoping it will prove to be useful.

Goo.gl will tell you how many clicks your link is getting, and give you a bit of info about what site the reader is coming from, what country they are in, etc. It could help us to see which promotional tools are working best, when combined with a customized link. And of course, since we want to attract more American readers or readers from primarily English-speaking countries in order to rank better with Google, seeing where our readers are from can help us learn how to adapt our writing to gain more of the readers Google is looking for 🙂

May 9, 2016 at 10:54 am

See how we badly needed a person like @ruby3881 on this site? I told you we really need her!!

I will try Goo.gl because I need to know the amount of click my links are getting. I wonder how this one will able to report the number of links. Calling @ruby3881 for answer. Is the site will able to email us? Do we need to register. I guess I better try it now.

May 9, 2016 at 10:58 am

I tried it now. I go to Goo.gl and posted a link specifically the link of this forum topic and put a text that will able for online people to check what is happening on this site with the link from Goo.gl. Thanks @ruby3881 for that idea. I will be using that one since then.

May 9, 2016 at 11:19 am

@grecy095 Thanks so much for the compliment! It’s very kind of you 🙂

Goo.gl tracks how many times each of your links is clicked. When you click on “Details” next to the link you shortened, it will show you the data. You must be signed into Google in order for the service to record and store your link data.

Where did you share your link, Grecy? It will be interesting to see which types of promotion yield the best results 🙂

May 9, 2016 at 11:19 am

@grecy095 Good that you are already so active in sharing and also exploring more. I always find learning new things keep me motivated and while we got the inspiration, we’d feel better in life as well. I guess that’s why we will be more energetic if we keep on learning in our life. 🙂

I will need to check out goo.gl too, since I already have Google account, so I would just stick to their service, instead of registering for a new one.

Yes, one of the reasons I miss BlogJob so much is because of @ruby3881 . She is the one who inspired to learn more about blogging and social media marketing, those are not only good for me while working at BlogJob, but also can be applied to my own freelance business in future. Moreover, the way she guided is easy for newbies like me to understand. Sometimes I tried to read those articles from experts, but I found them too difficult to digest and I got bored. 😀

Glad that @ruby3881 is here with us too! I really appreciate her generous sharing and guidance. 🙂

May 9, 2016 at 11:34 am

@ruby3881 I am sharing at Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google+ sissy. I am glad that you join us here because we have a mentor/ a guide because all of us do not know how to blog, the proper way, blog with benefits, you know something like those. Thank you for backing us all the time.

@kaka135 not much active but I am sharing it now. I am always online with Google+ that is why I only searched for Goo.gl and I insert my link. I also saw what @ruby3881 is talking about, the details on how many clicks I will be getting on that url link I shared online. Goo.gl is very useful, I agree. I will be using this one with Blogjob too.

May 9, 2016 at 9:50 pm

@grecy095 and @kaka135 Thank you both for your generous compliments! As I often say, I’m only just learning all of this too! I love to share with you because it helps me to learn better when I explain something to others. It’s very rewarding to hear that others find it helpful too 🙂

May 9, 2016 at 10:10 pm

Whoa, this is getting way over my head. It sounds like a lot of work to just share. I shared a couple of posts from the forums with the Share button at the end of the page and it included the referral part in the link already. I am going to try it with another site besides Twitter and see how that is. I am not on a lot of social media sites so I do not need to share on very many. I am glad that @suny is doing so well with his shares.

@LeeKa and @Grecy  I am also glad that @ruby3881 is here too. Great source of information and always willing to help. I am beginning to feel better about this site and am looking to expand my contributions to it as well. Now I just have to get a blog post going.