Author Posts

May 12, 2016 at 8:22 am

@rapidblue/ had just mentioned about the copyright of the posts here.

I would like to know:

1. Are those posts that I had published at LiteracyBase belonged to me?
  2. Am I the copyright owner of my own posts?
  3. Can I / we allowed to delete the posts which are not receiving traffic or comments?

I had noticed that some of my posts are not receiving any comments at all. I do not know how is the traffic coming in for each post.

Just in case, in the near future, if I wanted to delete some of my posts, can I ask @admin or @support to help me out.

(Since we are not allowed to edit or delete the posts due to Newbie rank)

Hope that @support/ will rely to this question. Thanks very much

May 12, 2016 at 9:01 am

Thanks for asking these questions. I think it’s good for us to know all these, especially when we are into this blogging or writing world. 🙂

I have to confess that I haven’t spend much time reading the blog posts yet, and some of my posts do not get any comments or traffics too. I am thinking if there is a way for us to expose our blog posts, including others, so to help others easier to read those blogs. I usually check out the three latest blog posts displayed on the right. So, when there are many posts published at the same time, I might miss many of them. In the Blog page, there are only 5 latest blog posts shown on the right side.

I am just thinking if it would be better, instead of showing the latest blog contents on the blog page, we show more latest blog posts in thumbnail format (such as the ones in the Home page, where most popular blog posts are shown), or we can have a selection to choose to show latest or most popular posts just like the ones in the Home page. I think this might help the members to expose more blog posts, and more posts got read by the visitors too. Because when I go to the Blog page, I might just read the few latest posts, then I might not click on the previous entries to read all of them, so the previous entries are all hidden by visitors. I am thinking this way allow most posts to be revealed, and the visitors get to choose which posts interest them too.

@support Just a small suggestion. Thanks. 🙂

May 12, 2016 at 4:29 pm

@kaka135/

Good suggestions!

It is true that we can see the latrst 3 posts of the day.

When i click to previous page, it takes a longer time to load up.

I also tried typingbin recipes in the search box but the posts that appeared are not related to recipes at all.

It didn’t pop up my recipes either. I had posted 5 of them!

Yes, i saw majority posts are left bare, no comments, no votes at all.

Sharing media might bring in external traffic but not comments

May 12, 2016 at 4:53 pm

@peachpurple, I investigated and scanned an entire website today in the  morning.

An owner of a website is Pakistani, I post all I found on my daily blog, piloting-nebula()blogspot()hr

I dislike some things and I don’t feel comfortable.

After only 4 days and 3 posts on a  revived webpage you all flocked in here and that is just too strange to take all this seriously.

May 12, 2016 at 6:31 pm

@peachpurple Yes, that’s why sometimes though I was planning to read the blog posts, I ended up just visit the latest few posts, but didn’t go further.

I like your idea of sharing the related posts in your blog post, I think that will certainly help to bring your readers to read them, especially when they are interested in that topic.

@rapidblue I just think that whether or not we will eventually be paid, at least we are still learning something from the site and from each other. Of course, I still trust the site so far. 🙂

May 12, 2016 at 7:00 pm

whether or not we will eventually be paid, at least we are still learning something from the site and from each other” – what on Earth are you saying?

People joined in because they expect to be compensated for their work.

You published a blogjob post a few days back inviting everyone to join. That post is gone, so I guess you are taking your words back, but you still trust a site?  Why didn’t you leave the post on blogjob published then?

Members flocked to this website when it was revived at 27 April  due to only 3 posts of which one was a  tutorial.

An owner hid his identity in domain registrar, which I am not going to dispute why, but I personally dislike it. I like to know things like that.

He is from the Pakistan and I made an entire research of him.

Some time ago he was pulling a referral fraud on mylot, with a promise that he will pay people to work on mylot under his referral invitation. What is that? A money offer on his name on Orkut leads to an account in mylot which is connected with his present Facebook page for this site.

I don’t feel safe. I’m sorry. Maybe his intentions are good, but it just doesn’t feel right to me, I found stuff in the past and this page has a way too many members than it can be justified with the traffic scanning.

May 12, 2016 at 7:11 pm

@rapidblue For your information, I did not delete the post I published in BlogJob. I just found that it was gone this morning or yesterday. I am thinking perhaps the admin there has restored the blog posts at the point the reward system was suspended, though I am not very sure about it.

I didn’t do so much research. Thank you for sharing your point of view and your findings too. 🙂

May 12, 2016 at 9:19 pm

@kaka135 Your post was indexed so it has been on a page for some time, but I don’t see any posts deleted after a few days, only that moment when points were suspended and it only affected a few users.

Even before a post would be published but points were not added up. This one was just deleted.

I don’t see any deleted posts reports for today or yesterday. Why would an admin delete your post? Maybe a question of the competitiveness? No referrals anymore?

Do you think that BlogJob is failing and LiteracyBase can be considered as a threat? Do you think that other writers can be affected? Do you think that mentioning the LiteracyBase can be dangerous?

I have so many questions, but I can see that you are not really intrigued, maybe others can share something more?

May 13, 2016 at 11:24 am

@rapidblue/

@kaka135/

thank you for your comments, I think we should wait for @support to reply and let us just wait and see first how things work out.

Keep your cool, OK?

May 13, 2016 at 3:07 pm

I just don’t want this to be one of the things on my horrid list of failure web sites, it is not my intention to make page look bad but to make a few things obvious first and before i invest my time.

I have all the necessary skills to write, but I don’t have enough time to deliver the effort.

Support doesn’t answer some questions and I don’t like it. Some things should be clear and simple.

May 13, 2016 at 3:54 pm

@peachpurple Copyright is automatically assigned to you as creator of any work, when you create it. This is an international concept that is accepted in a multitude of countries around the world. If the terns of us for any paid to write or work for hire site do not mention copyright, then you retain full rights under the law.

I have just reread the Literacy Base terms and conditions. There is no direct mention at all of copyright for our contributions to the site, and therefore we retain full rights. There is also no stipulation that we cannot delete content, or that content must remain active on the site for any specific period of time. So if for any reason you ever wanted or needed to delete content, support would be legally obliged to help you do this.

Some sites will hold people’s content hostage, but that only gets them a bad reputation. Sometimes you do have to be prepared to fight with a site that is doing that. It always pays to have dated screen captures of the TOS, and to have proof of when your content was written and submitted to a site. This can be used if you ever need to file a DMCA takedown notice or ask Google to deindex content that is being displayed in violation of your copyright.

Google is very quick to deindex any content for which a copyright violation has been filed, so if the owner of any paid to write site decided to hold users’ content hostage, it would just take a few users reporting the violation to get most of the site removed from Google. No commercial site can survive if their pages aren’t visible in the search results.

I’m not suggesting that LB would do such a thing, but there is recourse for those who need it should a previously trusted site take a turn for the worse.

May 13, 2016 at 4:18 pm

@kaka135 I feel that each of us must decide whether or not to participate on a site, based on our own reading of the TOS and our gut feeling about the site. It’s good to look out for our own best interests, and I have actually avoided certain sites because I felt they demanded too many rights in exchange for too low a compensation.

But I draw a line between being cautious and being actively suspicious, especially when it comes to a question such as the nationality of the site owners. That, and I think there is nothing at all suspicious about a large number of people from our community arriving here in a short time. The timing was simply right. BlogJob had suspended rewards, and people were looking for somewhere new.

I think you are right to remain optimistic. Literacy Base has shown that it has a support team who are actively involved and pretty quick to answer questions. There is reason to believe the team will be open to user suggestions, as well.

I’m sure you are close to attaining your goal of $10. If you are paid according to the published schedule, that will be encouraging for us all.

May 14, 2016 at 5:45 pm

@ruby3881/

thanks very much for the detail comments.

Now I feel comfortable posting my articles here.

At least, I can remove them when I wanted to.

But not for now, unless something happened, just for precaution.

Thanks again Kyla.

Grateful to you

May 14, 2016 at 6:40 pm

@peachpurple It’s good to question and to be cautious. And the truth is that regardless of what the law says, some sites will always behave in a less than scrupulous manner. Sometimes we just have to roll up our sleeves and fight to protect our rights. One of my friends had to do that once with a celebrity whose media team scraped an entire article she wrote, and published it on that celebrity’s blog with neither permission nor credit.

It’s not just the penny sites that make mistakes…

May 14, 2016 at 6:56 pm

I am more interested in the question why that nationality was hidden in the first place. If so many people are from that geolocation and they don’t have any problems with the writing and working online I don’t see any realistic reason why the web page ownership had to be protected.

Unlike many I am openly and actively suspicious in the most direct way, but I neither accuse or look down at any new webpage whatsoever.

What I find, I will publish it and it only matters to me that a webpage delivers a plan as-is. That is what I expect. To be proven wrong.

Because that would be the great change.

A huge number of the profiles and a huge inflow in the page is also very startling. If you want to maintain your high expectations , go ahead. I don’t have any.

I did make posts, replies, I invited my Facebook friend and I do referral shares. But I don’t keep my hope high.

I have too much work already writing and translating, so this is fun stuff I can do in between two blocks of my regular work.

The other thing I am interested in is number of active people who will reach the payment threshold during the first month. 100 people or 50% reaching that threshold is pretty realistic if an inflow continues.

Also, based on what the members earn now for their activity, it is also quite normal to expect that many proactive users will reach double that score.

I am simply interested can a webpage endure it and provide payments as it is promised?

Once again, I strive to be proven wrong.